City’s Title Run

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Southampton (H)
Fulham (A)
Leicester (A)
Leeds (H)
Villa (A)
Palace (H)
Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)
Brighton (A)
Everton (H)

19/30 required I believe. Which game will they be crowned champions?

Robertd0803

They arent playing us again so I dont care.

Soul destroying that if not for 3 really shit results this thread wouldnt exist and we would be talking about a title challenge.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Will anyone else give them a guard of honour at home?

I make my 90 year old mother stand up and clap with me. It'll also serve as our clap for the NHS. I don't like it but we must show respect.

Judas

Open to offers
In theory those really aren't the easiest set of fixtures, which is a bit annoying in many ways. They might breeze through them, or drop some points making our own failings all the more anger inducing.

garnier

Supports
Manchester City
Don't care if it's Everton at home, just so long as it happens.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They arent playing us again so I dont care.

Soul destroying that if not for 3 really shit results this thread wouldnt exist and we would be talking about a title challenge.
It's more than just 3 though really isn't it

Sheffield United home
Everton home
West Brom away
Palace away

And even then I'm not mentioning the draws with Arsenal and Chelsea but then it's games like these why we all knew we wouldn't win the title because we have these results in us

Woodzy

Fair play to them, they got a lot of the trickier fixtures out of the way on their winning run and now have a relatively easy run in.

Couldn't beat us though could they, cnuts.

gajender

In theory those really aren't the easiest set of fixtures, which is a bit annoying in many ways. They might breeze through them, or drop some points making our own failings all the more anger inducing.
I believe that's fairly innocuous looking fixture list for title run in even if City was just 5 or 6 points ahead of us let alone 11 points.

Water Melon

Be lucky for that to happen, not a chance we finish that close to them. Not surprising when they win 20 games on the bounce. What can any team do to keep up with that, not much.
Agreed. I think the gap will be double digits. Fifteen points minimum.

Robertd0803

Sheffield United home
Everton home
West Brom away
Palace away

And even then I'm not mentioning the draws with Arsenal and Chelsea but then it's games like these why we all knew we wouldn't win the title because we have these results in us
Good point.

Im probably giving Palace too much credit but I felt we would have a tough game against them or maybe at that point the damage was done in my head so anything after that was just added salt to the wounds.

We should have beaten Sheff Utd, held on against Everton and no way should we have dropped points vs fecking West Brom though.

Zlatanator

Considering that UTD might drop points in the upcoming games, City shall wrap it up at Palace. If they don't and UTD go on an unbeaten run then it will be a final showdown. Newcastle and Brighton will be tricky games for them if they are still in the relegation battle.

charlenefan

What City's presumed title win shows though is all you need to do in most seasons is go on one insane run of wins, rack up the points, leave everyone else behind and then you can coast the rest of the way. That's what Conte's Chelsea did, Pep's City in 17/18, Liverpool last season and City this

In recent years it's only that 18/19 season where there was an actual title race

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Sheffield United home
Everton home
West Brom away
Palace away

If, buts and maybe's can be used on every team, if City weren't so inconsistent in the first couple of months this title would be even more of a walk over than it already is.

charlenefan

If, buts and maybe's can be used on every team, if City weren't so inconsistent in the first couple of months this title would be even more of a walk over than it already is.
right ok?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
right ok?
If you want to play the "if United won the games they didn't" card surely it's only fair that the same is done for City to balance it out no?

That's the thing that people often miss with if buts and maybe's, it works both ways. The reality is City are where they are because they are miles better than everyone else.

Pep's Suit

I think City will lose to Chelsea but win all their games before while can see United draw with Spurs and Pool. So maybe after Palace? May 2?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Newcastle away, 2-0 which also relegates Newcastle

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm hoping Hassenhuttl and Rodgers can take points off of them, and that we go on a run. Highly unlikely but I'd at least like them to be looking over their shoulder slightly

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What City's presumed title win shows though is all you need to do in most seasons is go on one insane run of wins, rack up the points, leave everyone else behind and then you can coast the rest of the way. That's what Conte's Chelsea did, Pep's City in 17/18, Liverpool last season and City this

In recent years it's only that 18/19 season where there was an actual title race
And in that season both title challengers went on an insane run of wins. That's the standard one needs to aim for in order to win a league title.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think they'll end the season on 88 points, and we'll end on 75. So probably something around Chelsea or Palace at home.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's always been the case! Or at least need to go on regular streaks. 07/08 we had streaks of 4, 5, 7 and 8 wins. 06/07a couple of 7 game streaks, a 4 and a couple of 3 game streaks. 08/09 we had 11 and then a 7, both after Christmas. 12/13 we had 5 streaks of 4-7 wins each. It's just about getting consistent winning runs. Not necessarily always having 1 crazy streak. There's only been 1-2 teams a season capable of doing proper winning runs which is why we haven't seen challenges. Last season we managed 4 in a row once, and then never more than 2. This season we have a 4 game streak, a 2 game and a 3 game streak, the rest are all single wins in between dropped points. Never going to be anything more than a top 4 team if we can't win 3 games in a row somewhat regularly.