City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Difficult to see them getting an appropriate punishment, even a single relegation is barely anything taking into account the advantages they will permanently now have from years of cheating, and the effect its had on other clubs who've missed out on qualification and trophies thanks to City's cheating.

They should be handicapped for a long, long time and even that wouldn't make up for it - at least relegation to League 2 and a long term ban from European competition.

RoyH1

About time. I hope they really dig into inflated commercial deals and suspected second salaries for some players and staff

Nogbadthebad

I don't expect the commission to do much, they will already be tapped up.

But HMRC is a different story. They will be going after individuals as well as the business if they get involved.

Loon

:lol:
“We thought we had covered our tracks sufficiently and we welcome the odd bit of shit they can dig up…”

MattofManchester

City "welcome" the review by an "impartial" Independent Commission.

Yeah, sooooo, bribery then.

Nogho

Whatever the outcome of this - all of the allegations are there and are of substance. So all the other clubs could forever just point at them if they get allegations of their own - that if City are cleared. This will be such a massive thing in the public opinion of the Premier League. So I guess they have already lost. It’s the Premier League itself doing this, the same organisation that City is a part of. They want to clean their own house I guess.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Punishment should include 20 matches English competition ban for the current manager and his ex assistant.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A points deduction and a financial slap on the wrist is the least they deserve. This needs to be big.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Think that's actually part of this investigation already.
If this is found to be true, can the players themselves also get into trouble, get fined, bans, tax fraud prison time?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
City "welcome" the review by an "impartial" Independent Commission.

Yeah, sooooo, bribery then.
The pl don't do independent commissions, right? It's their way or the high way* if I remember us trying to do the same with the Suarez racism.

*Of course, this may be the ideal time for the PL to get uber, uber rich now. So a small points deduction in a PL season that's meaningless to them and a penalty fine. Justice is served!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
A points deduction and a financial slap on the wrist is the least they deserve. This needs to be big.
They need to add up all the money other clubs lost through their duplicity, make them compensate those club, then fine them the same amount. Big points deduction as well.

TheReligion

Abusive
Difficult to see them getting an appropriate punishment, even a single relegation is barely anything taking into account the advantages they will permanently now have from years of cheating, and the effect its had on other clubs who've missed out on qualification and trophies thanks to City's cheating.

They should be handicapped for a long, long time and even that wouldn't make up for it - at least relegation to League 2 and a long term ban from European competition.
Its the knock on effect though.

Pep goes, the big name players go, no one wants to play for them, no European football..

They may not come straight back up

cyberman

Ryan Mason should be known as a FA cup winning manager From now on

Suv666

I will get a tattoo of tits on my forehead if any meaningful punishment happens. Probably a fine at most a ban from CL of a year. City has bought everyone in world football.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Imagine this happens and their owners piss off :drool:

OleGunnar20

It's all good banter to talk about who gets titles when City are stripped of them, but that's not the extent of the conversation, is it?

It's also what happens to the teams who finished 5th and missed out on CL revenue. Or finished 7th and missed out EL revenue. Or lost to City in cup ties and were denied routes to silverware in any format. Or had players lured away by City's ill gotten wealth and struggled to replace them. Or how the effects of these things compounded on those missed out, year after year. An entire ecosystem of the sport has been allowed to rot and fester - everyone has suffered to a different extent.

We know they cheated. Every man and his dog knows they cheated. The conversation is about the integrity of football, and the punishment should be a dismantling of the entire club so that a marker is set. This is truly an opportunity for the PL to save itself from the decay that has infested it since the Roman era.

I don't care if they're awarded to the next in line, their titles must be stripped, they must be disgraced, and relegated tiers below and hit with enough financial sanctions that they struggle to come back for the next decade.

Of course, what will actually happen is that some people in important places will get richer and City will get away with a fine and a transfer ban for a minor charge that is allowed to stand for saving face. That's the way things work.
Well said. Dismantle them.

johanovic

If they are found quilty of cheating for 14 seasons then the reputation of the PL and English football is at stake...What effects on the PL would there be from Uefa/Fifa is this is not handled well? Relegation and stripped of their titles surely would follow from the PL commission ..otherwise the PL looks a tainted league and trust will crumble.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Crazy that United have won 3 titles during this time period if no City existed...

Bosws87

Make or break for the premier league this.

Soft on city and let them get away with countless years of cheating, which has robbed teams of European football, allowing clubs to keep hold of players by essential paying them huge sums off the books.

There’s a reason no one ever gets poached from city.

Then it paves the way to do what you want and 20+ years down the line the premier league is the super league, or take a stand keep it as competitive as you can (always gonna be advantages to the bigger earners) and keep the core of the product which has made it so successful to this day.

cyberman

I will get a tattoo of tits on my forehead if any meaningful punishment happens. Probably a fine at most a ban from CL of a year. City has bought everyone in world football.
Pretty sure this opens City up to legal actions from other clubs. They might actually disappear

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Its the knock on effect though.

Pep goes, the big name players go, no one wants to play for them, no European football..

They may not come straight back up
Yep, also their wage bill would need some extreme "trimming" with a lower league level income and sponsorships :drool: - least not because i would assume most of their current sponsors are those inflated/fake ones who've gotten them in trouble!

Ole'sgunnarwin

Be surprised if anything happens, it'll just be a fine. Remember that European ban fiasco. Whatever the announcement, they'll appeal and get a slap on the wrist.

Woodzy

If they get relegated, you have to wonder whether any of those players would stick around.

They would literally have to buy their way back to the top again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hopefully Sir Jim Ratcliffe is on the phone to Haalands dad, telling him to chill a bit until he takes over the club
Haaland made his choice. Hel never play for us.

I dont think ever did want to anyway

RuudTom83

If the outcome is only a fine then why should any club give two fecks about FFP!

tomaldinho1

Hang on a second, this is the key bit from the PL statement:

"Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The members of the Commission will be appointed by the independent Chair of the Premier League Judicial Panel, in accordance with Premier League Rules W.19, W.20 and W.26.

The proceedings before the Commission will, in accordance with Premier League Rule W.82, be confidential and heard in private. Under Premier League Rule W.82.2, the Commission’s final award will be published on the Premier League’s website.
"

So now it all rests on the verdict of this so called independent commission. Hmmm I have no confidence in this at all now. Abu Dhabi FC will no doubt find a way to get to the commission.
Ah well, as you were folks.
Your pessimism is well founded.

City managed to get Andrew McDougall as an arbiter (despite multiple lawyers questioning his neutrality) in the CAS case. Just at a glance you can visibly see he’s not fit to be a neutral party - he ran White and Case’s MENA office and had Etisalat and Etihad as bloody clients.

Oh and the chairman (therefore making up 2 of the 3 man panel along with Andrew McDougall) Rui Santos was recommended by City…