City v Chelsea - who do we want to win ?

Stig

I know that the official answer is, " we don't care it's not a United game." But do we want Chelsea to win, so that we have more chance of catching City, or do we want City to win to keep Chelsea down and prevent them getting into the mix for top 4 ?

I think it is the second, but I just can't imagine wanting Chelsea to win anything - unless of course their win made us win the league or top 4, hence the question and I think them winning today is best for us.

SAFMUTD

Being realistic we're not close yet to be title challengers, we're in a top 4 fight. So What benefit us the most is a draw or City winning since they're nailed on top 4.

podurban2

Being realistic we're not close yet to be title challengers, we're in a top 4 fight. So What benefit us the most is a draw or City winning since they're nailed on top 4.
We go for it!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Obviously Chelsea. But theyre shit.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think we're guaranteed top 4, let alone a title challenge, so I'd rather city won, to make sure Chelsea won't be challenging us for a top 4 spot tbh.
We are in relegation form. 1 win from last 7. :lol: We won't challenge for top 4.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Chelsea obviously, they’re in 10th, 10 points behind with a game in hand playing shit football whereas we are a point behind City in second who have a game in hand.

It’s a no brainer for me.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't think Chelsea are a threat to top 4.

Liverpool are the biggest threat and then Spurs/Newcastle. City losing tonight and our recent good form might give them the jitters knowing we could overtake them.

Lets go Chowsea.

Okey

Not that it would mean that much in Week 18, but I'd rather Chelsea win. I'm enjoying seeing our lofty position, and the tantalising prospect of being in a title race.

Okey

I don't think Chelsea are a threat to top 4.

Liverpool are the biggest threat and then Spurs/Newcastle. City losing tonight and our recent good form might give them the jitters knowing we could overtake them.

Lets go Chowsea.
Yup

surf

Draw. 2 rival teams dropping 4 points between them is better than only 3. Other teams drawing games is almost always a good outcome for us.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
City. Otherwise Chelsea could be just 1 point behind after we play City and Arsenal (they play Fulham and Palace).

CallyRed

A 3-3 draw, with De Bruyne and Haaland recieving suspensions for the next PL game.

MDFC Manager

Yes City definitely. We're not challenging for the title but don't want City to fall behind and give up on the league, they'll then focus on CL which I desperately don't want them to win

Orange Tree

Clearly a draw would set up us nicely for the derby and keep Chelsea away from top 4.

If either or the other, then a City win. Top 4 is still a priority after all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
a draw for our rivals is always statistically better

Stig

Yes City definitely. We're not challenging for the title but don't want City to fall behind and give up on the league, they'll then focus on CL which I desperately don't want them to win
Thinking two steps ahead there MDFC

Eli Zee

We want City to lose because chelsea are not getting top 4 this season.

If chelsea were playing well and close to us on points, or higher than us, we'd want them to lose.

Realistically speaking, this match likely will not affect our season at all. Chelsea won't challenge for top 4 and we won't surpass city in points in the end.

Graveyard

City must lose, their confidence needs a blow before the derby

Raven

A draw would be my pick (probably best for us) but also feck Man City, so a Chelsea win wouldn't be bad either.

Dread Devil

I think a draw would be best….A Chelsea win and a wounded City could be more dangerous for us in the next game…

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Chelsea. My hopeful scenario is that we beat both Arsenal and City in our next 2 games and be in the title race. Extremely wishful but one can dream.

Mike Smalling

I'm really enjoying this Chelsea meltdown, and I don't want to see Arsenal win the title, so wouldn't actually mind a City win here.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Chelsea. We could be only a point behind City after tonight and Chelsea are more likely to continue dropping points afterwards.

CM

Chelsea. They aren't a threat this season and if they get a result a win in the derby would take us above City.