City vs Chelsea (FA Cup): could a possible Treble dwindle down to a single trophy pursuit by Sunday?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't know how long it takes for whatever it is they were imbued with to cycle out of the system or whether it simply carries over(?), or just gets topped back up? But for a normal team, the physical toll of such an epic game would be enormous, not to mention the mental and spiritual hurt.

Great managers use the next game to fire back with wrath, so there is a chance that happens on Saturday, but the other side of the coin can be a group of players who are knackered and feeling very sorry for themselves, which, is fuel for good opposing managers to use both tactically and psychologically.

Chelsea could attempt to turn up the physical pressure and hopefully exhaust an already diminished tank -_- but I don't think many who watched yesterday's game suspect City will miraculously be fatigued and exhausted like they should be...

A double-Treble felt very realistic even with the game ongoing last night, but now, is there a possibility of them finishing the season with nothing?

Chelsea look like they are rounding into some form and Palmer is on fire. Poch also seems to be a thorn in Pep's side, so what should we be expecting out of this game? I'm just as curious in hearing what physical state people think City will be in for this as hearing about the game... are we going to see another suspiciously amped performance by them to go with yesterday's?

Nickelodeon

Don't think Chelsea could've envisaged better conditions to play City. Chelsea have had their season high performance with a 6 days break vs City who would've had 3 days on the back of a morale shattering and energy sapping penalty shootout loss. Let's hope Chelsea win and Palmer gets a suspension for the final.

Sylar

Cole Palmer penalty to win it would be great.

Although I also think Poch will do his best to have City win.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think a Man City win last night would've been better for our chances. They're not the type of team to react to a big loss with a dip in form, I think the opposite and they'll be looking to take out their frustrations on us.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This will sound silly since they beat us 6-0 but there were gaping holes defensively on Monday night for Chelsea and better teams will take advantage of those. City also don't usually make the extensive individual defensive errors that we do. I would expect a comfortable City win.

pacifictheme

This will sound silly since they beat us 6-0 but there were gaping holes defensively on Monday night for Chelsea and better teams will take advantage of those. City also don't usually make the extensive individual defensive errors that we do. I would expect a comfortable City win.
Maybe, but then again city will be fecked after last night. They are favourites but I think Chelsea can cause them some issues.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The fecked up thing is even if we do win I'll probably enjoy it for about a minute before quickly starting to freak out about the prospect of wasting all that effort just for another final defeat.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
The fecked up thing is even if we do win I'll probably enjoy it for about a minute before quickly starting to freak out about the prospect of wasting all that effort just for another final defeat.
No way Coventry beat us.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I don't know how long it takes for whatever it is they were imbued with to cycle out of the system or whether it simply carries over(?), or just gets topped back up? But for a normal team, the physical toll of such an epic game would be enormous, not to mention the mental and spiritual hurt.

Great managers use the next game to fire back with wrath, so there is a chance that happens on Saturday, but the other side of the coin can be a group of players who are knackered and feeling very sorry for themselves, which, is fuel for good opposing managers to use both tactically and psychologically.

Chelsea could attempt to turn up the physical pressure and hopefully exhaust an already diminished tank -_- but I don't think many who watched yesterday's game suspect City will miraculously be fatigued and exhausted like they should be...

A double-Treble felt very realistic even with the game ongoing last night, but now, is there a possibility of them finishing the season with nothing?

Chelsea look like they are rounding into some form and Palmer is on fire. Poch also seems to be a thorn in Pep's side, so what should we be expecting out of this game? I'm just as curious in hearing what physical state people think City will be in for this as hearing about the game... are we going to see another suspiciously amped performance by them to go with yesterday's?
Nah, I reckon City bum Chelsea into the ground. City will be sore and will want to put a marker down.

the_cliff

I think it's more likely that they drop out of the PL race than lose to Chelsea on Saturday. Pep doesn't usually have 2 bad results in a row, especially in back to back cup competitions.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hope palmer can show why they was wrong not to give him a chance.

DJ_21

Don't expect Chelsea to do anything other than get their arses handed to them
If they put in a performance like the one at Stamford bridge against them then it will be a cracker of a game.

DJ_21

Nah, I reckon City bum Chelsea into the ground. City will be sore and will want to put a marker down.
Or they’ll be vulnerable. Teams need to tell players to mark Haaland. If he’s quiet there useless and have to score outside box

Irwin99

I've got a feeling Chelsea might win this. Like us, the FA cup is basically their entire season at this point whereas City have just had an exhausting match against Real Madrid and are fighting for the league.

A Chelsea vs United FA cup final should be what every neutral wants given how chaotic both teams are and how entertaining the match could be. City going through means another boring cup final with them probably winning.