City's 3 Stars

RednProud

Wouldn't it be great if we could get UEFA to force City to remove the 3 stars from their badge. If they do ever qualify for the Champions League we should start a petition to have the 3 stars removed from their badge. Obviously this would not be a United petition but just fair minded people who feel clubs should earn the right to have these stars on their shirts.

In the same way as the premier league wouldn't allow us to wear the world club championship logo in league matches, I think UEFA should apply a similar ruling.

IT WOULD BE FUNNY AS FECK!

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Some people have too much time on their hands.

King_Eric

How could UEFA force any team to remove stars on a shirt? I don't think there is an official link between European Cups and stars on a shirt or crest. The stars on most club's crest or shirts are based on domestic titles, not European titles (e.g. Bayern Munich, Anderlecht, Ajax, Juventus, Milan, Inter, Rangers, etc.).

Wouldn't it be great if we could get UEFA to force City to remove the 3 stars from their badge. If they do ever qualify for the Champions League we should start a petition to have the 3 stars removed from their badge. Obviously this would not be a United petition but just fair minded people who feel clubs should earn the right to have these stars on their shirts.

In the same way as the premier league wouldn't allow us to wear the world club championship logo in league matches, I think UEFA should apply a similar ruling.

IT WOULD BE FUNNY AS FECK!
Why don't we try and get them to make United remove Manchester from their name. Or while we are at it how about try and get them to make United remove United from their name as Manchester is clearly not United in any way unless its in regards to a hatred of scousers

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The thing is, they're not really incorporated onto the badge are they? They seem to stand alone and float above it, like the CL winning stars.

To be honest, regardless of whether or not City do this, I do think the stars should be for teams that have won the CL. Real Madrid would need a big shirt.

Bearded but no genius

I thought we established that they were for the biggest moments that define City's existence?

1968 - last won the league.
1999 - won the Second Division Playoff.
2008 - Arab takeover.

Other teams in Manchester were off doing other things those years.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Good luck to them and I hope the stars stay as they always have to explain to all fans what they represent.....which must be a source of embarrassment to them.

Brophs

The One and Only
I doubt I could care less.

All clubs trumper their achievements, however tenuous or remote. Look at us, we still talk about being World Club Champions as if it actually means something. The best thing about it was the name.

Bearded but no genius

All clubs trumper their achievements, however tenuous or remote. Look at us, we still talk about being World Club Champions as if it actually means something. The best thing about it was the name.
I liked that tournament. Wanna go back. :(

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I'm staggered that you could lump our achievements in with City's as tenuous and remote.The fact that we've won quite a lot over the last 20 years or so must be lost on you..that or you take it for granted.