City's "sponsors" do not exist

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They've been calling them cheats and saying how hollow their success is for years, but as soon as there was opportunity to join them they couldn't drop their knickers quick enough.
You're conflating foreign owners with a lot of money with cheating.
The two wouldn't necessarily go hand in hand if they took over a proper big club like United.

Obviously there's the "other" concerns, but they've been done to death.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Are you suggesting they’re all the same?
Pretty dim post wasn't it.

Seemingly unable to understand that United have a million times more fans, real sponsorships and world wide reach and don't actually need to fake or falsify any mumbers.
They just need an owner to care about the on pitch action and not sucker out £1billion every 10-15 years in repayments and dividends.

crossy1686

career ending

Seemingly unable to understand that United have a million times more fans, real sponsorships and world wide reach and don't actually need to fake or falsify any mumbers.
They just need an owner to care about the on pitch action and not sucker out £1billion every 10-15 years in repayments and dividends.
Mate, people be wild’in up in this place about everything outside of Europe, claiming corruption when the competitions and leagues that are being corrupted are in western countries and run by western stakeholders. So who’s really corrupt? The people taking advantage of a corrupt system or the people taking the money?

United don’t need any falsification of any numbers, they’ll be fine regardless of any of that

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

I’m pretty dubious that that is genuinely all Utd fans would expect from new Qatari owners. Do you not think that there is an underlying expectation due to observations of PSG, Newcastle, City, that Utd would do more than simply stop paying dividends to the Glazers?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m pretty dubious that that is genuinely all Utd fans would expect from new Qatari owners. Do you not think that there is an underlying expectation due to observations of PSG, Newcastle, City, that Utd would do more than simply stop paying dividends to the Glazers?
We'd go bigger in the transfer market, and we'd even pretend to look at the ground etc.

Neither would need us engineering "sponsorship" deals.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
We'd go bigger in the transfer market, and we'd even pretend to look at the ground etc.

Neither would need us engineering "sponsorship" deals.
You might not engineer sponsorship deals specifically. That was the only way City could catch up with the biggest clubs, rightly or wrongly.

According to the MEN in October, Utd have paid out £155m in dividends in the last 7 years. That’s around £22m a season. I have to admit I thought it was significantly more than that. Debt repayments are more confusing (to me anyway, I’m thick as), because if a new owner comes in and instantly pays off half a billion of debt then that would seem like a huge injection of cash that didn’t come from natural turnover. Much like City did after the takeover.

matt10000

When are you lads going to realise that no one cares that their sponsors don’t exist because everyone is getting a big fat cut of the pie?

The only reason they’re being investigated in the first place is because other teams from the league demanded it.
Wrong, the people getting a big fat cut of the pie don’t care but normal decent people who are fed up of corruption, cheating and sporrs washing do care. If everyone just resigns themselves ronit and no one challwny it then corruption just becomes accepted and grows.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Wrong, the people getting a big fat cut of the pie don’t care but normal decent people who are fed up of corruption, cheating and sporrs washing do care. If everyone just resigns themselves ronit and no one challwny it then corruption just becomes accepted and grows.
There is barely any normal decent people up there in positions of power, that's why City got away with it before against UEFA, PL officials aren't any different.

All the suits that allowed Abu Dhabi to buy City knew what they were doing.

There is barely any 'decent people' between the ones who are in charge of punishing City, you are thinking about blokes who aren't in charge of anything.

matt10000

There is barely any normal decent people up there in positions of power, that's why City got away with it before against UEFA, PL officials aren't any different.

All the suits that allowed Abu Dhabi to buy City knew what they were doing.

There is barely any 'decent people' between the ones who are in charge of punishing City, you are thinking about blokes who aren't in charge of anything.
I am indeed

crossy1686

career ending
Welcome to the world of business. We currently live in the golden age of corruption, and it's in your face corruption, they're not even subtle about it anymore.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Add it to the list of things FIFA and UEFA will look the other way on. I'm not stupid to think there will ever be zero shenanigans at the highest level of sports (or any level for that matter) - but there is a difference between relatively minor infractions and egregious/stick it up your ass levels of corruption. The amount of smoke in the case of a City appears to be mind boggling.

Oranges038

This company has been charged with loads of shit before. Going back over 20 years.

They seem to just move to a new developing market and do the same shit over and over.

Son

You might not engineer sponsorship deals specifically. That was the only way City could catch up with the biggest clubs, rightly or wrongly.

According to the MEN in October, Utd have paid out £155m in dividends in the last 7 years. That’s around £22m a season. I have to admit I thought it was significantly more than that. Debt repayments are more confusing (to me anyway, I’m thick as), because if a new owner comes in and instantly pays off half a billion of debt then that would seem like a huge injection of cash that didn’t come from natural turnover. Much like City did after the takeover.
United to be fair to the club are way behind where they could have been in terms of sponsorships not having the glazers.
The club really has fell from It’s mid-00’s earnings compared to Madrid for example who were just behind but now steamed ahead easily these days.

I honestly believe the premier league money tree skews uniteds lack of growth and I say it as a United fan.

No new stadium also kills us as a club compared to where we would have been staying debt free in 2005.

The people who owned us back then, Sir Alex too and the PL have a lot to answer for if you ask me. Destroying us with greed basically and lack of judgement.

Rome fell by itself. A rot to set in from the top plus football changed as a business with Chelsea then City. United just watched as the cheaters came to town.

Last edited:

RoyH1

Add it to the list of things FIFA and UEFA will look the other way on. I'm not stupid to think there will ever be zero shenanigans at the highest level of sports (or any level for that matter) - but there is a difference between relatively minor infractions and egregious/stick it up your ass levels of corruption. The amount of smoke in the case of a City appears to be mind boggling.
It's clear to me that those organisations are borderline criminal cartels that under the banner of football allow all sort of shady dealings to take place unchecked.

It's too late to do anything about it anymore now. I fully expect City to win the CL every other season. Bayern and Madrid which were the one thing in their way have now been removed as a market threat since they simply cannot compete. Yes, they can a big star every other season but cannot have a squad filled with stars on high wages.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
How is this any different from Amway sponsoring NBA arenas in the USA? This is a significant step up for City in the sense that pyramid scheme or not, this is a company that actually exists and not an entity created out of thin air and hidden behind 100 different offshore accounts as a means for their owners to dump money into them.

tomaldinho1

Owned by QI group who literally are renowned as scammers using multi level marketing. In fairness, as then above post says, amazingly this is step up for them.

arthurka

The media is absolutely as guilty as City in this everybody just co-ops with them and nobody dears to say a word. But Utd being bought by Qatar well that's something else.

lysglimt

Scout
And Toney was banned for 9 months for betting at the lowest level :)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

The club was debt free until the Glazers borrowed against it to buy the club and immediately transferred the debt onto the club. If/when they leave the club will be free of their debt. The q would be if the new owners keep it that way.

Wing Attack Plan R

How is this any different from Amway sponsoring NBA arenas in the USA? This is a significant step up for City in the sense that pyramid scheme or not, this is a company that actually exists and not an entity created out of thin air and hidden behind 100 different offshore accounts as a means for their owners to dump money into them.
Amway is multilevel marketing, not a pyramid scheme, and they aren’t involved with human trafficking.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I thought this was a very interesting video by the FT on who actually is the real owner of some of these sponsors.

Of course, one of our sponsors is also mentioned because why not :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
First reply to that tweet.

"Everton should be punished for this." :lol: