g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Civil War (written and directed by Alex Garland) - in theaters on April 12, 2024

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You didn't like the final arc? Sure it was sad that he didn't make it, but his demise drove our remaining protagonists to go all the way.
It was okay but I enjoyed the build up more. The sequence where Jessie gets kidnapped and Sammy kills the soldier was the best bit.

In the final arc Jessie just pissed me off consistently which I imagine her naivety/adrenaline of the situation is supposed to but yeah.

Herman Toothrot

An odd one this. Obviously, that scene is tremendously effective. I couldn't sit still and found it deeply upsetting. The rest of it was interesting, but perhaps a little flat. Maybe it felt so much like a potential not-so-distant future that was just a bit too depressing. Liked it. Didn't love it.