CL/EL Knockout Draw | United draw Brugge | City vs Real & Liverpool vs Atletico

RoyH1

Klopp is going to hate playing Simeone's double paralllel bus parking ways.

Fosu-Mens

"Predictions" AKA trust the favourites.
Dortmund - PSG: The Parisians attacking players will feast on BVBs inconsistent defence.
Real Madrid - City: City will win it this season.
Atalanta
- Valencia: Based on league form, there should not be a question.
Atletico v Liverpool: If this was the Atletico from last year, then they might have had a chance. The change for a less pragmatic approach from Simeone benefits Liverpool.
Chelsea - Bayern: Same as with Arsenal from previous years. Could get ugly.
Lyon - Juventus: Cynical Italians against attacking Lyon.
Tottenham - Leipzig: Mourinho's approach to football is suited to playoff formats.
Napoli - Barcelona: Napoli got some issues and they will struggle to get the ball from Barca. Should park the bus and counter to have a chance.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Dortmund-PSG
Real Madrid-Man City
Atalanta-Valencia
Atletico-Liverpool
Chelsea-Bayern
Lyon-Juventus
Tottenham-Leipzig
Napoli-Barca

Dortmund v PSG should be the tie of the round, i think Madrid-City will disappoint. Can see Leipzig upsetting Spurs.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Dortmund-PSG
Real Madrid-Man City
Atalanta-Valencia
Atletico-Liverpool
Chelsea-Bayern
Lyon-Juventus
Tottenham
-Leipzig
Napoli-Barca

redshaw

I wouldn't discount Leipzig, they're doing well and Spurs could hit a bad patch by Feb.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Leipzig are the exact type of team that cause Mou all ends of trouble.

He's struggled to cope with high energy pressing sides since he was at Real.
But those high energy teams were actually very organized on the defensive process, something that Leipzig has not yet shown on their UCL matches and at Bundesliga.
In fact, despite their defence having a big frame, they seem to have some troubles dealing with direct quick play.

They got a Benfica team that suffered from key players injuries/fatigue (UEFA nations league took it's toll) and had to use youth team players that have never played at senior level and they could had lost both games to Benfica, if you check the highlights and the match stats.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Leipzig are the exact type of team that cause Mou all ends of trouble.

He's struggled to cope with high energy pressing sides since he was at Real.
Imagine Nagelsmann raising 3 fingers on his right hand to show how often Mourinho was smashed by pressing sides ...

Djemba-Djemba

The only "big" side City have beaten over two legs since they won the lottery was PSG.

And PSG are total bottlers, I mean even we knocked them out last year and we're a mess.

Other than that it's been Schalke, Basel and Dynamo Kiev.

I think Real Madrid will be too savvy for them

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Klopp is going to hate playing Simeone's double paralllel bus parking ways.
Thats for sure! BVB-Paris is a 50/50 thing for me. If BVB get their shit together and getting back on track they can cause them massive problems. Also, take out Neymar and Mbappe and you are on the way. DAZ and Witsel will be the key therefor.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
Atletico have more draws than wins in the league, that gives me a little more comfort going ahead.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Don't see any German teams coming through to the next phase:

PSG
City
Valencia
Liverpool
Chelsea
Juventus
Tottenham
Napoli

That being said. Nageslmann v Mourinho is going to be tasty :drool:

Irrational.

Pretty much every team that coms to Anfield does that.
You sure? Barcelona tried the complete opposite last season and got utterly annihilated. Utterly brainless tactics. Only a fool would be so open and arrogant to think they could outplay Liverpool at Anfield.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
The only "big" side City have beaten over two legs since they won the lottery was PSG.

And PSG are total bottlers, I mean even we knocked them out last year and we're a mess.

Other than that it's been Schalke, Basel and Dynamo Kiev.

I think Real Madrid will be too savvy for them
Absolutely. Can't wait to see the hissy fit from Pep.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Prediction: Mourinho wins CL with Tottenham
This is reliant on kind draws and luck. That side are not European elite quality. Plus, the 'bounce' will not be particularly prevalent come the spring.

Uniquim

Borussia Dortmund v Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid
v Manchester City
Atalanta v Valencia
Atlético Madrid v Liverpool
Chelsea v Bayern München
Olympique Lyonnais v Juventus
Tottenham Hotspur v RB Leipzig
Napoli v Barcelona

My predictions. I think BVB v PSG & Real v City are closest ones.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thats for sure! BVB-Paris is a 50/50 thing for me. If BVB get their shit together and getting back on track they can cause them massive problems. Also, take out Neymar and Mbappe and you are on the way. DAZ and Witsel will be the key therefor.
Hahaha.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
You sure? Barcelona tried the complete opposite last season and got utterly annihilated. Utterly brainless tactics. Only a fool would be so open and arrogant to think they could outplay Liverpool at Anfield.
I meant i8n the league. Lots of low-blocks.

I think Atletico will, themselves, struggle against Liverpool's attacking threat. Typically, Klopp's teams peak in the spring after an attritional winter. This season is following that pattern right now.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No easy games but I gotta say I'd have bitten your arm off for that draw this morning.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
You reckon Chelsea will beat Bayern?
Bayern have been bad this season. Chelsea on the other hand will play fearlessly and on the counter, which will trouble Bayern's slow defense.

Mount, Pulisic and Abraham will cause a lot of trouble. If this were Bayern of two years ago or before then I would be confident of them winning, but not at this time.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hopefully we can get a good draw whilst the more dangerous opponents all draw against each other....
I am hoping we draw Copenhagen, Brugges or Shakhtar....

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Bayern have been bad this season. Chelsea on the other hand will play fearlessly and on the counter, which will trouble Bayern's slow defense.

Mount, Pulisic and Abraham will cause a lot of trouble. If this were Bayern of two years ago or before then I would be confident of them winning, but not at this time.
If this were Chelsea of two years ago or before then I would be confident of them winning, but not at this time.

Irrational.

I think Atletico will, themselves, struggle against Liverpool's attacking threat. Typically, Klopp's teams peak in the spring after an attritional winter. This season is following that pattern right now.
Such a depressing post. :(

stu_1992

Those are some tough games for the English clubs. Spurs aside I suppose, but that's no easy game for either.

Josh 76

This tie has got.....
A.Madrid 2-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-0 A.Madrid
......all over it

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think any English fans will be over confident about any of these ties, except Tottenham. All games will be really, really tough.

City got themselves a big challenge ahead. But I can totally see them doing Madrid.

Chelsea though, will need to step up big.

Madridista7

Supports
Real Madrid
This is the logical predictions with a few exceptions. But knockout games bring a lot of unpredictable events. Real Madrid is the best example of that: playing poorly on league games while winning 3 UCL titles in a row.
This myth never ends i guess. Real lost the league by one point in the first ucl win season , did the double during the second season. The only time the sole focus was on the ucl was the third year.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bayern hate North Londoners. Remains to be seen what their view of West Londoners is.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
The UEL draw have started:

Wolves - Espanyol the first match

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Bayern hate North Londoners. Remains to be seen what their view of West Londoners is.
They can't be too fond of us considering we lifted the Champions League at their expense on their patch.