Clattenburg

Cornell

I thought it was a competent display.

Not sure why he got another derby after his Merseyside performance, however.

Man-United

Fergie wasn't happy with him after the last game against City either. After the penalty he gave us against Spurs away last season when Ronaldo "dived", he's been awful against us.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
He talks a bit much.

Anyone know what happened with SAF??

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Davis should have been sent off, but on the other hand Evra got away with no yellow card later on. He started off with blowing that whistle far too many times, which caused the rythm of the game to get fecked up in Boltons favour. Overall it was a just aboutttt OK display considering he compensated both teams. SAF didn't think he did a very good job though.

iguanamanc

Didn't think Battenberg got much wrong today. TBH I don't mind a good old-fashioned, get-stuck-in-um game, which was always how Bolton were going to play today. I thought Fergie made a mistake putting Carrick in today, as I'm still not convinced he relishes the physical battles.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He;s just a crap ref... nothing more... blew up every little thing but turned a blind eye to anything serious... far to slow in getting the yellow out to calm things down too..

Weak.. thats the word for him..

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
He has his tragic games but generally I rate Clattenburg. Course with that ridiculous performance against Everton for the Dippers it's difficult to like him but generally I think he's one of the better refs. Didn't do much wrong today

kikks

What annoys me is his constant chatting with the players after a foul. Give an infraction or simply warn the player. Quickly. People don't pay the entrance fee for conversation!

loki

Broke 1000 posts 5 years ago. Slow going since
Well the Bolton players dived on at least 6/7 occasions and got frees every time, they seemed to do it even in their own half to relieve pressure not just the usual ones up front.
Evras tackle was never a card........give that he came around the side and won the ball, he came in as if he was out to get him with it looking like intent but the thing was that in the end the tackle itself was fine, bit physical but still only barely even a foul if at all.
Davies I don't think deserved his yellow at the time, though didn't get to see that one clearly, probably earned it over the rest of the match though.
Failed to give a penalty but wont criticise him for that, it was mainly to chest/shoulder area and his arm was not out to hit it it was just at his side. Would be harsh to get that given against us.
The tackle at the end, Diouf was it?, was a definate yellow.
Good call on the yellow for ?Hunt/McCann? timewasting.
Let too many deliberate bad tackles go for them overall, and the repeated occurences of that deserved some yellows.
Spent too long talking to players about tackles for warnings.

Could have definately been a lot better but at least gave a few decent calls for us.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Clattenburg is simply a weak ref. Everytime the crowd reacted today, he blew the whistle.

Justin

Always said he's useless, a lot of people actually thinks he's the best young ref in England

OldRed1

I felt it was a competent display today. There was never a penalty, there were 3 or 4 dives, especially from Campo and if it had been Ronnie you lot would have approved. Every time we play shit it's the refs fault on this site. The game was always going to be physical and he stopped it getting out of hand.

::sonny::

He's bolton and liverpool fan, and he take pills

SIR Alex Ferguson admitted he told referee Mark Clattenburg "exactly what I thought" of him at Bolton - and was promptly sent to the stand.

Ferguson was dismissed by Clattenburg midway through his side's 1-0 defeat to Bolton and was forced to watch the second half from the stands as Manchester United fell to Nicolas Anelka's effort.

The Reds chief was furious at Clattenburg's failure to clamp down on what he felt was over-aggressive tactics from the relegation-threatened hosts, who recorded their first home win over United since December 1978.

And he waited for the official - whom he hailed as one of the best in the Premier League only a month ago - by the tunnel at the interval to offer a clear piece of his mind.

"I told the referee what I thought - some referees don't like that. They don't like the truth," said Ferguson.

"But I just told him how bad he was in the first-half.

"I know Bolton are battling for their lives at the bottom but they were a bit aggressive and we were looking for some protection from the referee.

"The first half was just a shambles. It was foul after foul after foul. I felt they were over-physical and there were two or three really dodgy tackles. You hope the referee is strong enough to handle it. But he wasn't."

Ferguson was particularly annoyed at the treatment meted out to full-back Patrice Evra, who was on the wrong end of a series of firm challenges even if he was fortunate to escape being booked himself for a late tackle on Kevin Davies.

Targeted

"I don't know whether they targeted him but the poor lad seemed to be involved in everything. There were some terrible tackles on him."

However, opposite number Gary Megson, who was presiding over his first win in six matches as Bolton manager, refused to make any apology for his team's committed performance.

"We were third from bottom of the table," he said. "I asked my team to be aggressive.

"The worst tackle was by a centre-forward (Davies), who is not a particularly good tackler.

"We have to compete. That is the idea. You won't get me criticising my team for that. You would only get complaints if they don't.

"The referee saw nothing untoward. He didn't send anyone off."

Ferguson was honest enough to admit his side did not deserve to win.

Given their lack of clear opportunities, Carlos Tevez wasting the best one, it is debatable whether United even deserved a point as they slumped to their first defeat since mid-August and fell three points adrift of league leaders Arsenal, who have a game in hand.

Although the visitors were without Cristiano Ronaldo with a thigh strain, it was the absence of Nemanja Vidic with a back problem that caused United more problems given it was a mistake by the Serbian's replacement, Gerard Pique, which gifted Anelka his 11th-minute winner.

"It looked like Gerard jumped too soon," said Ferguson.

"We do not like losing but sometimes you have to take defeats, it is part of the game.

"We have players of great quality and I am sure we will bounce back."

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
With some time to reflect on the game I just can't fecking understand how Davis could stay on the pitch after that tackle. He missed the ball 100%, Evra turns a somersault in the air and goes down on his back. And to make things even more wierd he managed to escape it another time when putting an elbow up Evra's head in that air challange. Anyone remember Ronaldo's red card two seasons ago for a challange that missed but had "bad intention"??? Or what about Essiens red one yesterday. As I said earlier, the game was handled on a very low level but still acceptable unless you ignore the Davis incident and the fact that he should have been sent off.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Scousers are obviously on first name basis with Clattenburg. Hope he never refs an United game again.

Snake Doctor

When are the FA going to do something about this ref??

FA Charges Man Utd boss Ferguson :nono:

Moyes Handed FA Charge :nono:

Both of these recent stories are about managers complaining to the ref because he is doing a very poor job on the field, yet the managers suffer.. when will the FA do something about the referee, surely even they can see a pattern here!!
That ref is a disgrace.

However, I think Fergie was wrong the other day. He got frustrated because the team couldn't break a relegation-bound team, which I can understand.

But he was wrong to tell it to Clattenburg... His only mistake in the first half was, maybe, not sending off Davies for his disgraceful behavior.

eddafed

Two bad games for the same ref?, within two weeks?,thats a bit of a coincidence. Maybe Mr Clattenburg needs a break, a leg or neck should do the trick

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The FA were going to ban him, they sounded out Stevie G on the situation (being a Senior England player and all round good guy)...

Smith's Cove

Given the almighty fuss that Moyes kicked up after the Everton vs Liverpool game in October why has it taken so long to charge him when Fergie was charged within 48 hours of his outburst at Bolton?

Snake Doctor

Given the almighty fuss that Moyes kicked up after the Everton vs Liverpool game in October why has it taken so long to charge him when Fergie was charged within 48 hours of his outburst at Bolton?
So Fergie is banned from the Liverpool game I presume :mad:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Speaking of refs, how the hell was Hunt not sent off for that tackle to the knee of the opposing player?

And how the feck was that Chelsea goal allowed when Shevchenko clearly fouled the Derby player that lead to a change of possession? Not to mention Derby's goal was legit.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Clattenburg wasn't that bad was he?

Evra was lucky he didn't get a yellow card in the first half.

However it did annoy me that Campo's pathetic diving antics went unnoticed and unpunished.

GloryHunter07

To be honest, no matter how bad the ref was we should still be able to beat Bolton, so i think fergie was just frustrated.