Claude from AFTV has passed away R.I.P

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Should have never been on camera. Man was obviously suffering and then Robbie drags him into his social media circus.

Sad.

Shark

@NotShark
Ah that's sad news :( could see the poor guys health deteriorating in his last few aftv appearances.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Should have never been on camera. Man was obviously suffering and then Robbie drags him into his social media circus.

Sad.
Don't think you can judge that. Doubt Robbie forced him on against his will, in fact Claude himself said being allowed on in 2012 pulled him out of a very dark hole. No-one knows what's going on in someone's head, no-one knows the relationship these guys had off camera, folk again judging without knowing all the facts or the people involved.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
That is a very sad news. What caused his death ?
Looks like it may be suicide, but nothing confirmed yet. I’m not going to post anything here for obvious reasons but from what I’ve seen he made a post a few days ago which seemed to indicate this. Apparently the constant abuse and trolling was getting to him.

RIP gone far too soon.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Aw shit that's so sad. Always enjoyed listening to Claude and he seemed like a really nice guy.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I have only watched clips that people post when they are ranting.

R.I.P.

Ludens the Red

Don't think you can judge that. Doubt Robbie forced him on against his will, in fact Claude himself said being allowed on in 2012 pulled him out of a very dark hole. No-one knows what's going on in someone's head, no-one knows the relationship these guys had off camera, folk again judging without knowing all the facts or the people involved.
Yup...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
feck, he was my favourite on AFTV. Seemed like a nice guy. RIP.

Delano

Really sad news. I remember years ago he was vocally in a bad place and I did worry about his mental health after the Son incident.

We'll wait for the cause to be confirmed before I say anything else.

0le

Very sad news indeed.

Looks like it may be suicide, but nothing confirmed yet. I’m not going to post anything here for obvious reasons but from what I’ve seen he made a post a few days ago which seemed to indicate this. Apparently the constant abuse and trolling was getting to him.

RIP gone far too soon.
Robbie indicated that a recent tweet that came across that away was actually just a reference to his mother passing away.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Reddit saying it was a suicide. You really have to be thick skinned if you are famous. Look at Caroline Flack as well.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Reddit saying it was a suicide. You really have to be thick skinned if you are famous. Look at Caroline Flack as well.
IIRC there was a situation a few years back where Claude went missing and the speculation at the time is he was depressed.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Very sad news indeed.

Robbie indicated that a recent tweet that came across that away was actually just a reference to his mother passing away.
Ah that makes sense, seems like they were trying to actively help him, I do recall him once saying if it wasn’t for Arsenal he wouldn’t be here. Just demonstrates how far we still have to go in terms of outreach to those affected by mental health issues.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
IIRC there was a situation a few years back where Claude went missing and the speculation at the time is he was depressed.
I have said it on other forums that if you have any psychiatric illness, the one thing i would avoid is fame.

You can still live a good life. But fame will kill you. Borris Becker said fame was a horrible price to pay for his success.

Fame destroys some people. A whole host of reality tv stars have killed themselves because they just could not deal with fame.

Life is already stressful enough and fame will just exacerbate that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s so sad. It’s a bit of a naff observation but this puts into perspective how upset some of us get at our football club underperforming. Should really try to enjoy it all as much as possible, whether or not you’re convinced the team and manager is as good as they should be. Because you might not be round long enough to see the glory days return :(

Godfather

Man that's so sad. Always liked him from the videos I saw

Last edited: