Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Caretaker Sam is inevitable.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not surprising, Fulham need to start preparing for the Championship, and I don't think Ranieri is the man to manage them in that division.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Fulham are going down, they've been terrible I expected much more from them, anyway Ranieri is not the man for a team in a relegation fight, I've always seen him for a guy in similar situation he found at Leicester, a team capable of more.

Member 115509

He wasn't the guy they needed - they need to bring in big sam now
This. They either need to back Raineri and leave him in place til the summer, or get a firefighter like Allardyce in to try and save them with a dose of pragmatism. I think Fulham and Huddersfield might already be doomed.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I imagine they'll go for someone like Wagner. Proven in the champ on a small budget.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Pointless going for Sam now. He wouldn't even consider it I imagine, he won't risk his record of saving clubs from relegation on that Fulham team, he's performed escape acts in the past but they are ten points from safety, no manager in world football can save them now. Huddersfield and Fulham are gone.

They need to be preparing for championship football and for the inevitable problems they will face with wages and numerous players who simply will not want to play in a second division.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
They still have a great squad.

Big ask, but Ole dragging our asses to a potential 3rd place is bigger.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's gone beyond trying to save their season, if they sack him it'll be because they're planning for next season in the Championship and Renieri aint the man to get you out of that division

macheda14

No it isn't. They have to make up 10 points in 10 games with Chelsea, Liverpool and City still to play. We have to make up 5 admittedly with tough games as well, but who's more likely to win their tougher games, us or Fulham?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Big Sam bounce before tomorrow’s game against Chelsea please

Mcking

I doubt Sam would go for the job. Looks like a lost cause, and I'm fairly convinced Sam would love to keep his record of never relegating an EPL team.

Tiber

They are going down regardless, but he always seemed a bonkers choice for a relegation fight

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
No it isn't. They have to make up 10 points in 10 games with Chelsea, Liverpool and City still to play. We have to make up 5 admittedly with tough games as well, but who's more likely to win their tougher games, us or Fulham?
I think he meant Ole from his starting point in December

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I heard so much about Sessegnon and was really looking forward to seeing this kid play this year. But it seems they don't see him as being as important as they did last year. Last year he started 48 games and only came on as a sub once in the league (and play offs). He ended up being voted as the fans PFA player of the year. This year he has only started 17 games and as far as I know, he hasn't had injury troubles. So if this kid is your best player, then why isn't he playing more? And they have some good players with Schurle, Seri, Mitrovic and Babel. They should be scoring more goals. Problem is, they are so weak in the back that they almost seem afraid to attack knowing if they do they are going to concede. Perhaps instead of bringing in Babel in the transfer window, they should have brought someone like Gary Cahill over to help fix their goals against record...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I imagine they'll go for someone like Wagner. Proven in the champ on a small budget.
Would be smart, but would he take it? Surely he’d have a PL offer at some point.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
I heard so much about Sessegnon and was really looking forward to seeing this kid play this year. But it seems they don't see him as being as important as they did last year. Last year he started 48 games and only came on as a sub once in the league (and play offs). He ended up being voted as the fans PFA player of the year. This year he has only started 17 games and as far as I know, he hasn't had injury troubles. So if this kid is your best player, then why isn't he playing more? And they have some good players with Schurle, Seri, Mitrovic and Babel. They should be scoring more goals. Problem is, they are so weak in the back that they almost seem afraid to attack knowing if they do they are going to concede. Perhaps instead of bringing in Babel in the transfer window, they should have brought someone like Gary Cahill over to help fix their goals against record...
Cahill rejected Juventus, didn't he? Why would he go to Fulham?

They signed too many players in the summer and Jokanovic set them back with his stubborn principles. The side that got them up was essentially torn apart before the start of the season. They relied on them working out but removed the promotion team fighting spirit in the process. Cardiff still have a shot of staying up because of that (but also Brighton/Hughton's 2nd season syndrome)

Chipper

Adulterer.

Fulham need to improve much more. Southampton are on 27 from 28. Very rough estimate that they'll end up on 37 from 38 and they have a much better goal difference.

Means Fulham would need 21 points from 10 games to overhaul them. They've averaged 0.61 points a game so far and would need 2.1 over the duration. So that's 1.49 extra points per game they need to find, or an increase of 244%.

Ole got 26 from his first 10 but it's easier to get 26 points out of United's squad than it is 21 from Fulham's. Mourinho was on 1.53 points per game, so the 2.6 that Ole got from those 10 is a 1.07 points per game increase or 70%.

Even if Ole had won all of his first 10 it would have required less relative improvement than Fulham staying up does at this point. They're almost certainly gone.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Fulham do go down will clubs be after that Seri? I remember in the summer everyone was supposedly after him, but I don't really know how he's done there.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"I'll give my life for L...London nightlife!"

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If Fulham do go down will clubs be after that Seri? I remember in the summer everyone was supposedly after him, but I don't really know how he's done there.
Similar to Fred. Caused them a few points with risky behaviour close to own goal

Status
Not open for further replies.