Cleverley to Wigan on loan

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Decent goal yesterday in terms of the position he found himself in to get the tap in. Shows he's willing to make the runs.

This pleases me.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I saw some news yesterday that he is back, that's why I asked...
Think he was back for treatment on his injury in the same way Welbeck was but he's there for the remainder of the season.

I really like him as a player but I'm a little worried now as to his future with us.We appear to be linked with so many wingers and CMs that I wonder where we'll fit in. On the positive though, if he continues to play well he'll find a place no doubt

Sir A1ex

Given the endless discontent with our creative abilities in midfield, it would be a crying shame if Cleverley doesn't get a chance next season.
I would much, much rather see him make it than see us go and spend £20m...

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Think he was back for treatment on his injury in the same way Welbeck was but he's there for the remainder of the season.

I really like him as a player but I'm a little worried now as to his future with us.We appear to be linked with so many wingers and CMs that I wonder where we'll fit in. On the positive though, if he continues to play well he'll find a place no doubt
Giggs and Scholes nearing the end of their careers, Hargreaves and Gibson probably going to move on and Carrick dividing opinions. Cleverley can play anywhere in midfield and is already performing well in the Premiership.

I think he'll definately have a big future with us.

Inigo Montoya

Giggs and Scholes nearing the end of their careers, Hargreaves and Gibson probably going to move on and Carrick dividing opinions. Cleverley can play anywhere in midfield and is already performing well in the Premiership.

I think he'll definately have a big future with us.
I'd like to believe that but where do you see him playing? (position wise)

Inigo Montoya

The question is how good is he?
He's good alright. Martinez and his manager at watford both can't be wrong.The question is where does SAF see him fitting in? I think he could operate in the Park type role too...he has that intelligence

RedRover

He's good alright. Martinez and his manager at watford both can't be wrong.The question is where does SAF see him fitting in? I think he could operate in the Park type role too...he has that intelligence
Theres a difference between Wigan/Watford good and United good.

Hopefully he'll come back and do well but could have his work cut out getting a regular first team spot depending on transfer activity in the summer.

People shouldn't put too much pressure on the lad. Some other bloke on another thread was going on about him like he's the second coming when in reality he's had a good first season in the PL, playing out of the spotlight for a poor team - totally different to playing infornt of 80,000 week in week out when the pressure to perform is really on - Ben Foster being a case in point.

he has fo course, done well this season in teh games I've seen at least and hopefully he'll be integrated into the squad gradually next year and will get the chance to prove his worth without being relied upon too heavily. Young english players are always good to have around.

Inigo Montoya

Theres a difference between Wigan/Watford good and United good.
Hopefully he'll come back and do well but could have his work cut out getting a regular first team spot depending on transfer activity in the summer.

People shouldn't put too much pressure on the lad. Some other bloke on another thread was going on about him like he's the second coming when in reality he's had a good first season in the PL, playing out of the spotlight for a poor team - totally different to playing infornt of 80,000 week in week out when the pressure to perform is really on - Ben Foster being a case in point.

he has fo course, done well this season in teh games I've seen at least and hopefully he'll be integrated into the squad gradually next year and will get the chance to prove his worth without being relied upon too heavily. Young english players are always good to have around.
Valencia was good enough.

Players have to prove themselves somewhere RR, can't and won't always have that opportunity at Utd.Besides he's looked good each time I've seen him play for us and scored each time to boot.OK it doesn't make him the second coming but he could be a very useful player for us

RedRover

Valencia was good enough.

Players have to prove themselves somewhere RR, can't and won't always have that opportunity at Utd.Besides he's looked good each time I've seen him play for us and scored each time to boot.OK it doesn't make him the second coming but he could be a very useful player for us
Indeed he was. Hopefully this lad will be too.

I agree he looks decent and will hopefully get a chance. Was simply stating that sometimes the hype around certain homegrown players on here is a bit over the top, although I was not suggesting you were being so.

Hopefully we'll strengthen with a few new players next season and he'll get a chance to impress.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Given the endless discontent with our creative abilities in midfield, it would be a crying shame if Cleverley doesn't get a chance next season.
I would much, much rather see him make it than see us go and spend £20m...
I'll remind of you that when you are complaining about lack of spending in the summer ;)

Anyway I'm expecting Cleverly to be an important part of the squad next season - still not clear what his best position is though.

GIT Z RED

Oliver Holt in the mirror said he should have got an England call up due to his performances this season in a poor wigan team.