Cliches questioning thread

ThinkTank@Cafe

read a post today saying “Ole’s first test will be ....”. The guys rebuilds the team from the ashes left by his predecessors. Buys world class players, beats rivals, blends Academy graduates, plays attractive football. Ticks all the boxes. Even the most demanding fan’s wish list is delivered in such a short time.

Ole has passed a lot of tests as a coach, as a manager, and as a United legend. He actually believes that managing United is a test every time. It’s not a slogan or teaching for him. He lives from the game to game.

Feel free to add a cliche you‘d like to expose here.

Chairman Steve

Theres always someone who wants TFM to be given a run in the team. It used to be at right back but AWB being acquired closed that off, so now it’s DM and CB. I wouldn’t be surprised if TFM hasn’t already been sounded out as a Matic long term replacement or Maguires ideal CB partner based from yesterdays game.

Neither Palace or Fulham were impressed enough to want him back. The ‘pro-academy players‘ stance OGS hasn’t given him a look in. I know he had a knee ligament injury over a year ago too, which doesn’t help... He did look decent under LVG. Jose preferred McTominay over him if you count TFM as a midfielder.

Withnail

read a post today saying “Ole’s first test will be ....”. The guys rebuilds the team from the ashes left by his predecessors. Buys world class players, beats rivals, blends Academy graduates, plays attractive football. Ticks all the boxes. Even the most demanding fan’s wish list is delivered in such a short time.

Ole has passed a lot of tests as a coach, as a manager, and as a United legend. He actually believes that managing United is a test every time. It’s not a slogan or teaching for him. He lives from the game to game.

Feel free to add a cliche you‘d like to expose here.
Isn't that more of a running joke than a cliché?

ThinkTank@Cafe

Theres always someone who wants TFM to be given a run in the team. It used to be at right back but AWB being acquired closed that off, so now it’s DM and CB. I wouldn’t be surprised if TFM hasn’t already been sounded out as a Matic long term replacement or Maguires ideal CB partner based from yesterdays game.

Neither Palace or Fulham were impressed enough to want him back. The ‘pro-academy players‘ stance OGS hasn’t given him a look in. I know he had a knee ligament injury over a year ago too, which doesn’t help... He did look decent under LVG. Jose preferred McTominay over him if you count TFM as a midfielder.
Then a cliche would be: “and on right side we have TFM as a competent back up/hot prospect”

Tarrou

that luck evens itself out over the season

look at the scousers this season, they're a great team but they've been jammy as feck at times