Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We will take your word for it, can you summerise what it says.
- SJR is known to be opinionated, for example at Nice he would question an interim manager's left field line-ups and question why he's doing it on a whatsapp group.
- Those under SJR however are not expected to be yes men, and he trusts them with their judgement for the most part.
- Because we are still waiting for Ashworth, it will be Blanc/Berrada/Brailsford and Wilcox will key to Ten Hag's fate. They will judge based on the training they've seen, the relationships in the dressing room and Ten Hag's own methods to see if he's the right guy to turn things around.
- Brailsford will be more withdrawn post Ashworth's arrival. Blanc is a key bridge while we wait for Berrada.
- Blanc is known to be a man who shows calmness in crisis. His first 100 days at Juve was seen as massive, where he persuaded key players to stay on board with Juve in the 2nd tier of Italian football and persuaded Deschamps to come in as manager. He's not one to panic.
- Wilcox is performing an audit on the methods and training of Ten Hag to find out if the he's an appropriate fit.
- Article also mentions @crossy1686 @TsuWave and @Leftback99 are considering shaving their heads in solidarity and support for the manager.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Good post. We have to be honest here, WFH required people to be very disciplined. Not everyone can work from home too. From my personal experience, I like to work in office set up to have better focus and discipline. It's also easier to communicate with your team face to face. Sometime you need "to feel the ground" and pressure to come out with solutions on problems and etc.
Hasn't it also come out that there isn't room for them all to work on the premises, as though they have taken on more and more people without providing the facilities for them to work properly. If they provide the environment and means to work on site they likely will. Also make sure that everybody at the club is paid properly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's a good article to be fair. Also reminds us how the operation will work:

- Berrada and Ashworth are pending, Blanc will be the bridge for Berrada in the meantime.
- Wilcox will be the recruitment guy, but it mentions Berrada will be assisting (likely negotiating) the deals. This I find interesting because Berrada doesn't join us until mid July. That's quite tight, I wonder if Blanc will need to step in for some deals too.
- Brailsford was seemingly here to audit the shit out of the club, and that looks done now, so he'll be more withdrawn post the assignment of Ashworth.
- Wilcox will help oversee the game model, how we should play and what players we need for it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Gentlemen, meet our new manager in charge of productivity. Felix Dzerzhinsky. Oh, and our new CEO isn't Berrada, it's Beria.
Field Marshal Zhukov to be our new hospitality manager.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm personally excited and hopeful for what the future could hold under this leadership, because honestly right now that's what my brain needs seeing as watching the actual football is harrowing.

Judas

Open to offers
Why are you assuming they haven’t? Background would indicate they aren’t going to come on Redcafe and inform you.
Its funny isn't it, if it's not being leaked out for all to the see in the media, its not happening obviously! But you can be damn sure people would be moaning if we were still seeing a constant string of leaks coming out of the club, even if the news coming out was more in line with what they want.

Amir

Not expecting any immediate miracles. This will take time and we need a manager who can work through this process. I don't know for that purpose if ETH is the right guy or not, but I believe it's worth a try given how it worked at Ajax.
I understand, but I just don't believe that next season will really allow us to judge much if he's doing better under such management.

We are sacking managers left and right past decade without any success. I think it is time to take a pause, change strategy and work like a functioning football club for a change with a long term plan.
The strategy is obviously changing with the new structure. That's what supposed to make us functioning and with a long term plan. Not the identity of the manager.

Our problems in the last 11 years were not due to us not giving managers enough time.

Juicy Juiced

Its funny isn't it, if it's not being leaked out for all to the see in the media, its not happening obviously! But you can be damn sure people would be moaning if we were still seeing a constant string of leaks coming out of the club, even if the news coming out was more in line with what they want.
What is more funny is getting humiliated by CP, and sending team to get slaughtered by their biggest rivals who are fighting for the title.

You do not need 10 man to decide is EtH trash and they do not need to find pemanent manager right now. They can still work on that and
sack underperforming manager righ now. Just give a team some chance to respond instead draging us trough mud in the last few games.

If they need this time to suck EtH what will happen when they manager fails...

Kelly15

Really like SJR laying down some standards. Something we have been missing for years. The only people that support the people working from home are the people that work from home. I've seen this first hand and people will always try to get away with whatever they can. When your in a office the atmosphere is way more productive. The garbage about us not having any room for them is typically msm. Just trying to stir up some shit where none exists. Otherwise the story is a non one.

Zen86

Glad we’ve finally banned working from home. Can’t wait to see the impact on the pitch next season.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Firstly I think he should be removed.

But…They could have an impact by setting an expectation in playing style.

as soon as ETH walked in the door he said he couldn’t impose his Ajax style. Which is odd because it was that very same playing style that got him plaudits at the time and eventually the Utd job. Furthermore it’s what all us fans were excited about.
Why is it odd, you need the right tools and United didn't/don't have them, a screwdriver isn't much use when you need a hammer

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Really like SJR laying down some standards. Something we have been missing for years. The only people that support the people working from home are the people that work from home. I've seen this first hand and people will always try to get away with whatever they can. When your in a office the atmosphere is way more productive. The garbage about us not having any room for them is typically msm. Just trying to stir up some shit where none exists. Otherwise the story is a non one.
I'm as cynical as they come but you beat me hands down, there are pros and cons to working in an office and pros and cons to working from home

I personally work at home and am way more productive than I was in the office, I have less distractions, that works for me and as a result the company I work for benefits, it doesn't work for everyone and not everyone can do their job from home, but the office is not always the best

macheda14

Yup - same if you think their agenda is to be the hero of United?
I mean I think their agenda is to fill the club with experienced footballing executives who can’t help manage it in a bit more of a sustainable manner. I’m basing that on these weird things called facts.

Judas

Open to offers
Yup - same if you think their agenda is to be the hero of United?
I just don't get what it does for you personally to be so relentlessly negative on them already? Some of your posts on the subject are bizarrely over the top and gloomy. How about you give them a chance? Were you just very pro-Qatar and unable to move on or what?

Acquire Me

- SJR is known to be opinionated, for example at Nice he would question an interim manager's left field line-ups and question why he's doing it on a whatsapp group.
- Those under SJR however are not expected to be yes men, and he trusts them with their judgement for the most part.
- Because we are still waiting for Ashworth, it will be Blanc/Berrada/Brailsford and Wilcox will key to Ten Hag's fate. They will judge based on the training they've seen, the relationships in the dressing room and Ten Hag's own methods to see if he's the right guy to turn things around.
- Brailsford will be more withdrawn post Ashworth's arrival. Blanc is a key bridge while we wait for Berrada.
- Blanc is known to be a man who shows calmness in crisis. His first 100 days at Juve was seen as massive, where he persuaded key players to stay on board with Juve in the 2nd tier of Italian football and persuaded Deschamps to come in as manager. He's not one to panic.
- Wilcox is performing an audit on the methods and training of Ten Hag to find out if the he's an appropriate fit.
- Article also mentions [B]@crossy1686[/B] [B]@TsuWave[/B] and [B]@Leftback99[/B] are considering shaving their heads in solidarity and support for the manager.
Lots of respect for them. I share their opinion. We need to stick with EtH and get our house in order. I expect Ineos and the new people in charge to do just that.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don’t agree with ending hybrid working at all, not sure this will help anything.
Remote or hybrid working is a hot topic. I believe it can work but only in an organisation that has a very good culture. Having controls, like remote work monitoring software, is awful, the only true way to ensure that remote working works, is by having a good, strong culture throughout the company. So that people work because they want to work, and then you let them have the optimal environment for that. When the culture is rotten, which it clearly is at United, the only way to reset it requires having people on-site. It’s hard enough to affect change in a company, and nigh on impossible through virtual or asynchronous mediums.

NickSantigo

I don’t agree with ending hybrid working at all, not sure this will help anything.
Ineos want to reduce the headcount. I am not from the UK but I assume that they will have to pay folks to leave if they make them redundant.

This is a classic move. They announce this, a lot of folks will get pissed off and leave as their lives (e.g. childcare) is based on the flexible work arrangement. Ineos save money on redundancy package. If Ineos don't get the headcount down from people leaving then they let folks go.

Elon Musk did something similar in 2023

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Ineos want to reduce the headcount. I am not from the UK but I assume that they will have to pay folks to leave if they make them redundant.

This is a classic move. They announce this, a lot of folks will get pissed off and leave as their lives (e.g. childcare) is based on the flexible work arrangement. Ineos save money on redundancy package. If Ineos don't get the headcount down from people leaving then they let folks go.

Yeah, Ratcliffe pretty much explicitly said this in his other comments.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Remote or hybrid working is a hot topic. I believe it can work but only in an organisation that has a very good culture. Having controls, like remote work monitoring software, is awful, the only true way to ensure that remote working works, is by having a good, strong culture throughout the company. So that people work because they want to work, and then you let them have the optimal environment for that. When the culture is rotten, which it clearly is at United, the only way to reset it requires having people on-site. It’s hard enough to affect change in a company, and nigh on impossible through virtual or asynchronous mediums.
Yes! Like if someone is a single parent or whatever but is shit hot and loves their job but needs to be flexible I can see the club eventually letting those people go back home / hybrid working. For now to evaluate it’s the smart play to gather everyone together

diarm

The bad guys here are the clowns who overhired and oversaw the descent into a rotten and unfit for purpose work environment. Yes Ineos are going to be unpopular in some quarters for doing what they need to do to fix things, but their responsibility first and foremost is to the football club. Every penny they have to spend on redundancies is money that comes out of the sporting side.

It's not going to be the groundskeepers, the dinner ladies, the club receptionists or the laundry team who are affected by this. It's going to be the bloat hired by Woodward and his crew of banker douchebags who wanted 12 assistants apiece in their London office to lick envelopes while they golfed and lunched. It's shitty on those assistants, but it's in the best interests of the club.

black country red

I'm as cynical as they come but you beat me hands down, there are pros and cons to working in an office and pros and cons to working from home

I personally work at home and am way more productive than I was in the office, I have less distractions, that works for me and as a result the company I work for benefits, it doesn't work for everyone and not everyone can do their job from home, but the office is not always the best
The scummy Tory bar steward

United are now partially run by an anti worker union hating pollution loving brexiteer it’s very sad

Skills

Snitch
I bet under Ratclifre we would've been one of the first clubs to furlough staff during COVID.

What next? Convert the disabled section into a brand new set of corporate boxes under the guise of setting new high standards?

diarm

I bet under Ratclifre we would've been one of the first clubs to furlough staff during COVID.

What next? Convert the disabled section into a brand new set of corporate boxes under the guise of setting new high standards?
To be fair, I'd much rather see wayward balls getting smashed at smug pricks in suits than I do seeing them head towards the lads in wheelchairs.

buchansleftleg

Coming soon from Ineos...

SJR leaves increasingly passive-aggresive A4 laminated requests in staff rest area to clean the microwave after use.

Microwaves subsequently removed from canteens over "Fire hazard risk"

Staff at Carrington left confused by new Japanese lavatory paper dispensers that only give out 4 sheets of paper per visit.

Brailsford denies this is a "civil liberty" issue stating that he is personally running several "Pro-biotic Gut Health Awareness" sessions for staff and that the organisation is not "colon shaming" those who do a number two at work.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Interesting. I wonder if this attitude will apply to the dross on the pitch who receive millions, or just the rank and file grunts?
I don't think the guys on the pitch will be allowed to work from home either

lex talionis

The transition to a squad that can at least compete for the PL trophy should not take more than 5 seasons, maybe only 4.

buchansleftleg

Interesting. I wonder if this attitude will apply to the dross on the pitch who receive millions, or just the rank and file grunts?
Now you are just being very cynical!

The recent "Ivy restaurant" meeting was just a more convenient location for a bunch of senior Managers to meet up and I'm sure none of that was expensed to the club.

It's very healthy for senior strategic thinkers to get out of the office but the drones are best working at their desks and fighting through 2 hours of commuter traffic each day!