Club Ownership

tomaldinho1

City will be licking their lips when they get off with a slap on the wrists for their 115 charges and are then able to spend the majority of their “£700m+” annual revenues on players. All legitimate of course.
They are revaluing those deals as we speak,

'Man City are pleased to announce they are the first football to reach £1b in revenue*'

*99% of this is self sponsored but please do not investigate the source or how it was paid or we will lawyer up again

ShinjiNinja26

Not sure they'll need to spend that much when they're in league 2 the season after next.
That’s what should happen but I’ll believe it when I see it
They are revaluing those deals as we speak,

'Man City are pleased to announce they are the first football to reach £1b in revenue*'

*99% of this is self sponsored but please do not investigate the source or how it was paid or we will lawyer up again
:lol: Yep.

FujiVice

Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox and the like would be licking their lips at that if it happens.

croadyman

City will be licking their lips when they get off with a slap on the wrists for their 115 charges and are then able to spend the majority of their “£700m+” annual revenues on players. All legitimate of course.
Yeah I gave up hope of them getting punished

croadyman

He ruled himself out a while back. I assume because he wants a DOF job somewhere and head of recruitment is a step back down. It sounds like it’s been narrowed down to Freedman and Julian Ward. Both have questionable transfers but have found value too.
Are we actually still appointing Head of Recruitment?

SAF is the GOAT

Sam Wallace, telegraph journalist via Sky •

"I expect in a few days or weeks there will be official statements between Manchester United and Newcastle about reaching some kind of agreement on the transfer of Dan Ashworth to United"

Chairman Steve

I don’t think Ward is working for any club at the moment which means as a possible theory we’re not seeing the usual song and dance of INEOS trying to poach him from the club he’s at (similar to Ashworth and Wilcox), as opposed to if it were Freedman being at Palace and seeing more reports about it.

croadyman

I don’t think Ward is working for any club at the moment which means as a possible theory we’re not seeing the usual song and dance of INEOS trying to poach him from the club he’s at (similar to Ashworth and Wilcox), as opposed to if it were Freedman being at Palace and seeing more reports about it.
So are you saying we could move for Ward as there is no club attachment,therefore won't be any compensation issues to overcome

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Summary...

Mupdate Summary12th April

Wilcox
Virtually done. Working on getting through some business with Southampton. Starting around the start of May hopefully.

Ashworth
News that SJR met Newcastle owner to try and push it through.
They want Ashworth in because INEOS do not feel qualified to make the bigger decisions.
Some things have been decided, but it's always good to have smarter people in before they are 'formally made'.
Want a club recruitment this summer and all aligned with the DoF, the HoR etc etc. Not just the CEO and owners.
With Ashworth on gardening leave, the cannot make any formal contact with him. Newcastle are being very firm on that.
There has been progression on Ashworth though. Thats why Murtough left.
Bit more hope Ashworth can "get started sooner rather than later".

Nagelsmann
Initially, INEOS didn't see Nagelsmann as an option with regards to fit.
But, with maybe wiser heads around the table, ie Ashworth or Wilcox, his name could come back up again.
Maybe with those wiser heads, they can find a way to make things work across the club with a manager like Nagelsmann.

Transfers
Club ready to start making intial contacts for transfers.
But they want someone to come in and head it up. ie Wilcox.

Injuries/CB
Looking at a young CB from Argentina: Anselmino
Varane terrible injury record.
Top CB & a young Cb hopefully.
Top midfielder and young midfielder.
That would be their ideal.
A lot of focus on South America.
Again, to make these decisions, they want the bigger roles of footballing structure in.

DownRiver

It is all great getting the correct positions in the leadership team, but do we want to go down the line where a manager has little power over the players?

We will be hearing news that the manager didn’t want a player in the team, but the leadership team brought him anyway.

Players will downtools much quicker too, as they see the power to make a decision on their future not being the manager.

The leadership team need to be very careful.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It is all great getting the correct positions in the leadership team, but do we want to go down the line where a manager has little power over the players?

We will be hearing news that the manager didn’t want a player in the team, but the leadership team brought him anyway.

Players will downtools much quicker too, as they see the power to make a decision on their future not being the manager.

The leadership team need to be very careful.
That's not how it works

A- the manager might not have a definitive veto on transfers but he will have to be persuaded on each and every signing. Else that player won't play and that would look bad on ashworth and co

B- ironically the new system protects the manager from player power. He doesn't have to defend his transfers (IE by playing them) + any decisions taken on departures are taken by the higher ups (who are immune from player power). I saw that in action at juventus. The board decided that an ageing del piero didn't deserve a huge salary, fearing a rebellion the manager took the player side but in the end the board won. The squad had to get on with their job because if they played badly then they would be punishing their ally. I don't think ETH can take the likes of Rashford down. However ashworth can

Dion

She has a very masculine-looking jawline, at least in that photo.
She's got Huntington's disease. She's a horrible, despicable human being who has indulged the whims of some of the worst people on the planet to do untold harm to likely millions, all to enrich herself. We don't need to take the piss out of her appearance, stick to the material she had any kind of choice in.

Varun1

She's got Huntington's disease. She's a horrible, despicable human being who has indulged the whims of some of the worst people on the planet to do untold harm to likely millions, all to enrich herself. We don't need to take the piss out of her appearance, stick to the material she had any kind of choice in.
What's that about mate? I don't know much about her...

SuperiorXI

She's not gonna shag you mate