Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Why on earth would United want to buy an unproven player who doesn't perform in big matches and plays with blinders on? I don't get it.
There’s been people on here saying Gakpo is better than Antony. From the little I’ve seen of them both, Antony looks levels above Gakpo.

WirralRed

He’s not been great but has made some very good pass and moves, De Jongs lay offs have been poor on the one two’s, he could of have played him in a couple of times.

Trex

Considering how big this game is for PSV am not sure about his application, imagine he was like this vs Liverpool.

Loony BoB

From the few games I've watched Gakpo in so far, I prefer Garnacho be given a chance too. That said, this is the better game I've seen Gakpo play so far.

gaffs

The scouts in this thread are amazing.

One half of football, where Rangers have been the better team.

PSV ain't pressing from the front, so dont expect him to be running round like Carols Tevez!

rbnZz

Can't someone use veto to block this transfer? With all due respect but Gakpo ain't ready and it would be crazy to spend €50m for him.

saik

There’s been people on here saying Gakpo is better than Antony. From the little I’ve seen of them both, Antony looks levels above Gakpo.
Think Gakpo is more of a goalscorer than Antony, that's it. Every other part of their game, Antony is better.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looks poor. Much, much rather Garnacho given minutes.
Like virtually every Europa league outgoing I’ve seen from him. Not convinced at all. For all the talk about Antony’s stats in the domestic league, at least he’s come alive for Ajax in the CL.

Trex

The scouts in this thread are amazing.

One half of football, where Rangers have been the better team.

PSV ain't pressing from the front, so dont expect him to be running round like Carols Tevez!
How have rangers been the better team when PSV have the better chances, compare his intensity to the right winger.
I know in PSV he is the main man but he wouldn't be at United. You'll need more wing play more running.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
This is the impression I got when watching him. He struggles when he has to deal with tight marking and pressure, the kind that he will have in every premier league game.

Loony BoB

Did they just say Gakpo got the captain's armband after de Jong was forced off at HT? Is he that much of a leader?

WirralRed

Interesting that he hasn’t gone up top with De Jong off, surly all this talk of him being Ronaldos replacement can’t be true

rooney2009

He looks good to me, a lot of potential
I can’t believe people are saying he looks poor
Are we watching the same game, I know he missed a good chance but please sign him, he has all the potential to become a superstar

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
As I said before, not good enough. Hope he doesn’t join.

captaincantona

Are we watching the same game, I know he missed a good chance but please sign him, he has all the potential to become a superstar
*pulls off mask to reveal he is actually Joel Glazer, pocketing the leftover €40million when we buy this guy instead of Antony - it’s the only reason you could be saying this!

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
It would be silly to fork out 40m on him when we have Amad, more so if signing him means we don't sign Antony.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Gakpo isn't better though, more productive fair enough, but not better.

VanBasten

Supports
Ajax
Even PSV fans are calling for him to be subbed. He plays a very poor game.

Chairman Steve

It feels harsh to judge him on this tie. If his heads been legit turned by our interest then he might be playing conservative or he’s distracted.

And his manager knows all about injury fecking a dream move up at the last moment.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Psv sucks so much, bunch of bottlers in Europe non stop. Gakpo can stay at Eindhoven, dont wanna see him at Utd.

Norris Cole

Olise from Palace would be a better investment. Can send AWB the other way to strengthen the offer

RedDevilRoshi

Based on this performance, I hope we steer well clear of him. Doesn’t look like he is ready for a big move.

Garnacho looks the better talent who I’d rather give minutes too.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Tillman for Rangers looks the dogs bollocks

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His movement off the ball is wank. He just waks. From what weve seen of these two games and the Monaco game, hes really nothing special.

Amanda Hugginkiss

Nothing to get excited about going by tonight's performance. Not worth the money, and I can't see what difference he would bring.

Saying that he'll probably score a screamer after I post this

Status
Not open for further replies.