Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

CallyRed

Someone needs to get him a coat, always looks chilly after scoring

Jev

I don’t watch a lot of Chelsea but whenever I do, this guy looks so classy. Thought he was very impressive on the ball today, that nutmeg in the second half was filthy. Looks like a player who would have fitted right in at City. Great signing for Chelsea.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He is absolutely brilliant. He should be a no brainer for the Euros.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Great player, but Gareth won’t play him in his shite England set up. Probably was there tonight to watch Dan Burn instead and see how he’d look in his back five.

Gene Loblaw

Supports
Arsenal
Who does he remind people of? And does he have a chance of getting into the starting 11 of the england national team?

He's sort of a master of all trades but master of none type guy. Not a striker. Not really a winger. Not really a number 10. I guess he's kind of a Tomas Mueller type guy but I think he's better on the ball than him and plays deeper.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Great player, but Gareth won’t play him in his shite England set up. Probably was there tonight to watch Dan Burn instead and see how he’d look in his back five.
Who should Southgate drop for him, Saka or Bellingham?

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
He should be back up to Saka. A quality footballer. Cold Palmer. Love to see it

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How about Rashford or Grealish.
In the end though he should be in the squad for the Euros at least on the bench as backup for Saka

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Different position to Palmer though.
Saka can play both wings
Palmer has also played LW at City

In any case he needs to be in the squad at least

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Atleast theres one evidence of amazing business by the Chelsea board. Replacing Mount with him, upgrading the quality and making profit.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Saka can play both wings
Palmer has also played LW at City

In any case he needs to be in the squad at least
so you’d just leave henderson, phillips and prowse-jones at home?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You can't just squeeze every flavor of the month into the starting 11. Southgate can be a bit conservative at times but do you guys want to go back to the days of Gerrard and Lampard in midfield? There needs to be a balance.

Palmer has been great this season but he'd have more of a shot at breaking into the starting 11 if he played deeper. As it is he needs to outperform Jude, Foden and/or Saka. Or be content with a bench spot on the squad (which is still fantastic)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You can't just squeeze every flavor of the month into the starting 11. Southgate can be a bit conservative at times but do you guys want to go back to the days of Gerrard and Lampard in midfield? There needs to be a balance.

Palmer has been great this season but he'd have more of a shot at breaking into the starting 11 if he played deeper. As it is he needs to outperform Jude, Foden and/or Saka. Or be content with a bench spot on the squad (which is still fantastic)
I'm not sure many are arguing he should start. The front 3 should be pretty set with Foden Kane and Saka.

Palmer should definitely be in the squad though. He's earnt his place.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We only bought him due to the injury to Nkunku... He's been our best player for sure and is the reason we are 11th and looking up rather than at the edges of the relegation battle.

I don't see him starting for England yet, should have a shot to get in the squad though.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
We only bought him due to the injury to Nkunku... He's been our best player for sure and is the reason we are 11th and looking up rather than at the edges of the relegation battle.
Not necessarily true, the club were definitely after another attacking midfielder / winger even before Nkunku got injured.

For much of the summer the targets most linked with the club were Olise/Kudus. To me it looked like Olise was probably the first choice but with his injury and Palace fighting so hard to keep him we had to look elsewhere and the club moved quickly for Palmer when it became clear City were willing to sell.

In any case, what a player. 13 goals and 11 assists in all competitions already, easily on course for a 30 G/A season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I also wanted to say this.
I'd pick Palmer and leave out Rashford and or Grealish.
Southgate will still pick both Rashford and Grealish.
Ah yes, picking the 2 best natural left wing forwards England have, that's mad innit

Jeffthered

He is absolutely brilliant. He should be a no brainer for the Euros.
Absolutely. Terrific talent. Aside from the agelessThiago Silva, Cole Palmer is so, so easily Chelsea's best player.

Jeffthered

I also wanted to say this.
I'd pick Palmer and leave out Rashford and or Grealish.
Southgate will still pick both Rashford and Grealish.
Maddison and Barkley are also amongst that mix. All those players could do a job for England... most International teams are now quite, quite average, going through transitions and are nowhere near as strong as in previous years. England best capitalise. They should have already really...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely. Terrific talent. Aside from the agelessThiago Silva, Cole Palmer is so, so easily Chelsea's best player.

I love the man but Silva hasn’t even been top 5 Chelsea player this season.

Jeffthered

I love the man but Silva hasn’t even been top 5 Chelsea player this season.
Interesting... I think he was Chelsea's best player amongst the madness and chaos of the first part of the season. He was the only player with any experience.

But Cole Palmer is for sure a super talent. Imagine Citeh' with him now.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yep, with Kane, Saka, Bellingham & Foden, the best any other attacker can hope for is spot on the bench.

And not that long ago it seems United were going to have at least a couple of those positions in the England NT sewn up with Rashford, Sancho & MG.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting... I think he was Chelsea's best player amongst the madness and chaos of the first part of the season. He was the only player with any experience.
Silva hasn't started any games in the last month and has looked quite shaky in the games he has played since maybe around late November / early December. Sadly it looks like age is finally catching up to him, but to be fair he's almost 40 so that was always going to happen sooner or later.

Silva has been a bit of an issue for them in games I've seen this season. Chelsea need to invest in some defenders at the peak of their powers to lead their team.
Maybe, maybe not. Colwill should be nailed on to start at LCB whenever fit and lately Disasi has started looking more and more comfortable in the side, though the jury is still out on him.

Then there's the intriguing case of W. Fofana. He's had such a terrible time with injuries in the last couple of years that I'd be a bit hesitant to rely on him but if he makes a good recovery there could still be a player in there. Ideally before investing big money in another CB I'd want to give him at least next season (or till January) to show if he still has what it takes and more importantly if he can stay fit. He's had the surgery now so it's a coin toss whether that's fixed his knee or if it will continue to be a huge problem going forward.

Disasi, Fofana, Colwill and Badiashile could be just about enough for next season to see where things stand. Most likely we won't have European football next season either so replacing Silva with some high profile CB from the market while still keeping all of the four mentioned above seems a bit overkill, unless Fofana is deemed a hopeless case.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If Chelsea continue to be dreadful next season then United need to be all over Palmer.
United fan too. He's somebody who United would've made sure they got in the past. If not from their youth, then when leaving City for a reasonable fee.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
United fan too. He's somebody who United would've made sure they got in the past. If not from their youth, then when leaving City for a reasonable fee.
Given how we keep squandering 70-80 million on players from outside the PL who come in and flop (Sancho, Antony etc), if we do get in the CL somehow, I hope we make an offer for him.

Chelsea obviously wouldn't want to sell him but maybe he can be persuaded to create a fuss. At 70-80 million, might be possible, although I know it's highly unlikely.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Chelsea obviously wouldn't want to sell him but maybe he can be persuaded to create a fuss. At 70-80 million, might be possible, although I know it's highly unlikely.
21 year old. English. 15 G+ 11A in 36 games in his first season as a starter in EPL. 70-80 million can only get you Antony or may be Olise these days.

redcucumber

Damn good player. Slightly annoying Chelsea sold us Mount and replaced him with younger, fitter model. Ho hum.

saivet

He should definitely be in the England squad. Not sure if he's played there but he can cover RW, no.10 and as a false 9.

That said he shouldn't be starting, maybe he can be the first attacking sub from the bench but unless there are injuries that's the best he can hope for.