Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

Wilt

This ownership will sell him for £80m to get out of an FFP breach. You just watch. Soon as we run out of pure profit Cobham players to sell, Palmer is next on that list :(
No chance they sell Palmer ….think they’ll try selling Sterling

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No chance they sell Palmer ….Think they’ll try sell Sterling
I’m not entirely serious but I actually would not put it past this ownership to do it though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
8 of his 16 PL goals have been penalties.
But he’s scored 19 goals this season, 8 of which have been penalties, and penalties still have to be scored.

Sterling took 1 this season and he missed it. Enzo has taken 2 this season, he missed 1. Palmer scoring 8 out of 8 pens is impressive.

Supports
Chelsea
A lot of his pens have been against big teams to take the lead or equalize, and usually in high pressure situations. Hats off to him.

I still can't believe Madueke had the gall to beg Palmer for the penalty in that situation though.

Tiber

Lifelong United fan. Not hard to imagine why he didnt fancy it here

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
A lot of his pens have been against big teams to take the lead or equalize, and usually in high pressure situations. Hats off to him.
Yep. Five of those eight pens have been against United, Spurs, Arsenal and Man City. Not once has a keeper even gotten close to saving Palmer's penalties so he must be doing something right. The fact those are actually the first 8 penalties of his professional career makes it somewhat impressive IMO.

And even without the penalties his record for Chelsea is 11 goals and 12 assists across the domestic competitions which is still very good.

Patchbeard

Probably the first time I'd watched him play a full 90 last night seeing as I only really watch our games nowadays, even better than in the highlights. If Chelsea ever need to balance the books we should be all over him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I guess after years of being told Hazard was overrated because he didn't stat pad the narrative is reversing back to "players need more that just G/A" :lol:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Aye, what happened to just running with a raised hand?

Red_Aaron

He's got a great football brain. Reminds me of Teddy actually but a bit pacier. He played a few lovely reverse passes in the second half to split the lines.

Hopefully Chelsea continue to flounder and maybe we can pick him up

iato89

Pity to see a great player that is/was a great Utd fan plying with another team!

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Lifelong United fan. Not hard to imagine why he didnt fancy it here
We couldn’t sign him from city. The way I see it he got out of there asap to increase his chances of coming to us. Chelsea are the stepping stone.

Lentwood

Criminal that a lad living a few miles from our stadium, a lifelong United fan, was allowed to move to Chelsea for a relatively low fee whilst we spunk cash left right and centre

And yes, City would have sold to us, Guardiola himself said not selling to rivals is small club mentality (and are we even a rival to them at this point?)

Woziak

Sure if you offer £300m I agree he's gettable
More like when Chelsea get relegated for self declaring that Abrahmovic cheated and did not declare offshore agent and transfer fees within their Accounts, I mean you guys actually think your getting away with this is laughable, City’s issues needs to be proven your do not as Boehly has already told the PL.

That’s fraud, forget PSR Chelsea are being investigated for fraud that’s an automatic relegation incoming, so yep Palmer will probably want to play for his boyhood team about then, especially if he’s made aware they might want to sign him.

Woodzy

Criminal that a lad living a few miles from our stadium, a lifelong United fan, was allowed to move to Chelsea for a relatively low fee whilst we spunk cash left right and centre

And yes, City would have sold to us, Guardiola himself said not selling to rivals is small club mentality (and are we even a rival to them at this point?)
Guardiola is full of shit, there is absolutely no chance they would have sold to us.

didz

Something for us to blame the incoming Joe Wilcox for. Apparently Palmer's bags were all but packed at 16 and he convinced him to stay at City.

We're probably due a signing off Chelsea before long anyway so you never know.

Unam333

Said to a mate earlier, he might be the greediest player I’ve seen for a long time. Got the two pens and a deflection though, so good on him. The commentary was well over the top though.
The commentary was over the top. Couldn't stop talking about him.

Two pens and a reflection. The easiest hattrick you'll ever see, but props to him for keeping his bottle. He's mentally very strong.

I also think he was very greedy yesterday, almost Bruno-esque, but that's also a treat of great players.

Oranges038

I swear all English attackers have shit celebrations they're trying to get over. Rashford and his point, Foden and his gun, Palmer and that shitty cold thing. All twats.
It's all shit. They celebrate and then have to get the stupid trademark one in on top. Feck off.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not sure why someone is getting criterism for being an expert penalty taker. Being someone who scores 9.5/10 of your pens means you will automatically be a pen taker for any team in the world. On top of this, you save a lot of stress/disharmony for your team as missing pen is always tough to mentally deal with.

As for the player himself, his productivity reminds me of Lampard in that it isn't glamorous but it is consistent. Let's also not forget he is only 21/22. He still has a lot of room to develop.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
More like when Chelsea get relegated for self declaring that Abrahmovic cheated and did not declare offshore agent and transfer fees within their Accounts, I mean you guys actually think your getting away with this is laughable, City’s issues needs to be proven your do not as Boehly has already told the PL.

That’s fraud, forget PSR Chelsea are being investigated for fraud that’s an automatic relegation incoming, so yep Palmer will probably want to play for his boyhood team about then, especially if he’s made aware they might want to sign him.
This seems both feasible and likely. Apropos of nothing, do you have any recommendations for top law schools?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I'll humour you for one second and accept you've got a law degree.

If hypothetically speaking all that comes to pass and we are forced to sell him what on this earth makes you think you'd be front runners given the inevitable army of suitors that would be vying for his signature?

Wilt

In the space of 2 minutes he shafted Ten Hag and saved Poch’s arse

Woziak

I'll humour you for one second and accept you've got a law degree.

If hypothetically speaking all that comes to pass and we are forced to sell him what on this earth makes you think you'd be front runners given the inevitable army of suitors that would be vying for his signature?
He’s at his core a Manc and a United fan, I state that City 115 charges will be nye on impossible to prove, Chelsea have self declared guilt, they have admitted guilt this is huge, you can’t keep sweeping it under the carpet. The Eden Hazard Transfer and multiple other breaches have been self reported?

Watching Pochetino Chelsea this season will be the least of your issues going forward. For guidance, I’ve included the Guardian report, like I said if Chelsea as a football club never reported it, the onus would be on the PL to prove these very serious allegations but Todd Boehly as self reported!

Probably to try and recoup some of that £2.3 billion still sitting in HMRC and not paid to a Ukrainian victim war fund.

In law if you purchase something that is not what you thought when it was originally advertised, you have the right to appeal the value of the purchase, clearly there was some knowledge of this because the value of the original purchase was decreased by £100m due to unforeseen liabilities.

Todd Boehly held back that sum for this very reason, yes he’s come clean and should be given the minimum punishment for this, however it doesn’t stop the fact that Chelsea have been reported to have cheated under Abrahamovic’s tenure by circumnavigating FFP by clearly not declaring Agent and other fees, therefore giving them a huge sporting advantage at the time, that’s why the PL are investigating the club from 2012-2019 season.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...ions-over-how-roman-abramovich-funded-success
Enjoy your short lived glory from last night because as bad as we’ve been for the last decade, this club would never entertain that type of win at all cost culture, bribing players to come to your club because we’ll set up a cosy offshore account somewhere in Europe that UEFA and EPL will never find out about may just be the tip of the Iceberg during this investigation, personally I can’t wait to hear Maria Granovskaia comments when interviewed?

Plus doesn’t your owner want a Southern vs Norther All Stars Game, well Cole Palmer is from Wythenshawe which is practically all United district, so he’ll have to play for the Northern All Stars !

Last edited:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He’s at his core a Manc and a United fan, I state that City 115 charges will be nye on impossible to prove, Chelsea have self declared guilt, they have admitted guilt this is huge, you can’t keep sweeping it under the carpet. The Eden Hazard Transfer and multiple other breaches have been self reported?

Watching Pochetino Chelsea this season will be the least of your issues going forward. For guidance, I’ve included the Guardian report, like I said if Chelsea as a football club never reported it, the onus would be on the PL to prove these very serious allegations but Todd Boehly as self reported!

Probably to try and recoup some of that £2.3 billion still sitting in HMRC and not paid to a Ukrainian victim war fund.

In law if you purchase something that is not what you thought when it was originally advertised, you have the right to appeal the value of the purchase, clearly there was some knowledge of this because the value of the original purchase was decreased by £100m due to unforeseen liabilities.

Todd Boehly held back that sum for this very reason, yes he’s come clean and should be given the minimum punishment for this, however it doesn’t stop the fact that Chelsea have been reported to have cheated under Abrahamovic’s tenure by circumnavigating FFP by clearly not declaring Agent and other fees, therefore giving them a huge sporting advantage at the time, that’s why the PL are investigating the club from 2012-2019 season.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...ions-over-how-roman-abramovich-funded-success
Enjoy your short lived glory from last night because as bad as we’ve been for the last decade, this club would never entertain that type of win at all cost culture, bribing players to come to your club because we’ll set up a cosy offshore account somewhere in Europe that UEFA and EPL will never find out about may just be the tip of the Iceberg during this investigation, personally I can’t wait to hear Maria Granovskaia comments when interviewed?

Plus doesn’t your owner want a Southern vs Norther All Stars Game, well Cole Palmer is from Wythenshawe which is practically all United district, so he’ll have to play for the Northern All Stars !

:confused:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
This ownership will sell him for £80m to get out of an FFP breach. You just watch. Soon as we run out of pure profit Cobham players to sell, Palmer is next on that list :(
Don't worry, the rules likely changed before we get to that stage...

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He’s at his core a Manc and a United fan,
99.9% of players don't factor that in these days (as we found out the hard way with Lukaku, Shaw and Rice), infact didn't he already reject playing for your academy in favour of City's?

While it is an unfortunate possibility that he may eventually want to move on if his ambitions aren't matched, if it does happen it will be to a club that offers him a serious chance of league and UCL titles.

Woziak

Don't worry, the rules likely changed before we get to that stage...
You’ve self reported, it makes no odds about new rules they won’t be retrospective, you can’t give Everton, Notts Forrest and Leicester points deductions and not do Chelsea as your charges are based on self admittance, the legal ramifications of giving Chelsea a fine of £10m when they’ve basically admitted fraud is simply untenable, at best you are going to get a huge points deduction, transfer ban, no European football for two years as soon as the case is concluded, maybe 15-25 points, at worst you could be relegated, stripped of league titles and trophies, these accusations are not accusations, they are fact as you have self reported, therefore they gave Chelsea a huge sporting advantage, had UEFA not been time barred, potentially they could strip you of your 2012 CL.

Forget City 115 charges, they have to be proven, Chelsea have admitted they ran their club without adhering to any FFP rules, therefore giving them a sporting advantage against teams like Liverpool, Man United, Spurs, Arsenal, even City.

Chelsea fans talk about lawyers, well I have it on very good advice that Spurs lawyers in particular are looking at this case very closely?

Study the period from 2012-2018 and see which team has been most affected

2012/13 season - Chelsea 3rd Spurs 5th
Potential case for loss of CL football for spurs
2013/14 season - Chelsea 3rd Everton 5th case for Claim of CL football
2014/15 season Chelsea champion, City would win the league and Spurs again 5th CL compensation
2015/16 - No Effect Chelsea 10th
2016/17 - Chelsea winners / Spurs 2nd
now champions Arsenal 5th CL claim
2017/18 - No Effect Chelsea 5th but could have a Europa claim from Everton

Potentially Spurs could sue Chelsea in the high courts if fraudulent allegations are proven in court, therefore citing unfair sporting advantage which prevented Tottenham Hotspurs from wining the PL in 2016/17 and prevented them from qualifying for the Champions League on two separate occasions which prevented them from financially losing £250m.

For the record there is precedence with this type of case in the EPL with the West Ham Sheffield United case.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....from-west-ham-but-do-they-deserve-it.amp.html

So if I was a Chelsea fan, right now I’d pipe down, pray every day and wait very nervously for the season to end and just hope that the club gets a two year transfer ban, 20 points deduction and big fines to pay multiple teams, it really does make you wonder why all that money is still sitting at HMRC and not sent onwards as originally agreed?

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
We should go and exchange Rashford with Palmer.

Palmer on the right, Garnacho on the left.

Rashford would be happy in London too and Palmer happy in his club

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
You’ve self reported, it makes no odds about new rules they won’t be retrospective, you can’t give Everton, Notts Forrest and Leicester points deductions and not do Chelsea as your charges are based on self admittance, the legal ramifications of giving Chelsea a fine of £10m when they’ve basically admitted fraud is simply untenable, at best you are going to get a huge points deduction, transfer ban, no European football for two years as soon as the case is concluded, maybe 15-25 points, at worst you could be relegated, stripped of league titles and trophies, these accusations are not accusations, they are fact as you have self reported, therefore they gave Chelsea a huge sporting advantage, had UEFA not been time barred, potentially they could strip you of your 2012 CL.

Forget City 115 charges, they have to be proven, Chelsea have admitted they ran their club without adhering to any FFP rules, therefore giving them a sporting advantage against teams like Liverpool, Man United, Spurs, Arsenal, even City.

Chelsea fans talk about lawyers, well I have it on very good advice that Spurs lawyers in particular are looking at this case very closely?

Study the period from 2012-2018 and see which team has been most affected

2012/13 season - Chelsea 3rd Spurs 5th
Potential case for loss of CL football for spurs
2013/14 season - Chelsea 3rd Everton 5th case for Claim of CL football
2014/15 season Chelsea champion, City would win the league and Spurs again 5th CL compensation
2015/16 - No Effect Chelsea 10th
2016/17 - Chelsea winners / Spurs 2nd
now champions Arsenal 5th CL claim
2017/18 - No Effect Chelsea 5th but could have a Europa claim from Everton

Potentially Spurs could sue Chelsea in the high courts if fraudulent allegations are proven in court, therefore citing unfair sporting advantage which prevented Tottenham Hotspurs from wining the PL in 2016/17 and prevented them from qualifying for the Champions League on two separate occasions which prevented them from financially losing £250m.

For the record there is precedence with this type of case in the EPL with the West Ham Sheffield United case.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....from-west-ham-but-do-they-deserve-it.amp.html

So if I was a Chelsea fan, right now I’d pipe down, pray every day and wait very nervously for the season to end and just hope that the club gets a two year transfer ban, 20 points deduction and big fines to pay multiple teams, it really does make you wonder why all that money is still sitting at HMRC and not sent onwards as originally agreed?
The problem with the Chelsea breaches is that most of the reported ones happened before the PL put in place PSR which came in for the 2013-14 season. Obviously there still appear to be a few but the bigger ticket ones that have been raised where all prior.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
The problem with the Chelsea breaches is that most of the reported ones happened before the PL put in place PSR which came in for the 2013-14 season. Obviously there still appear to be a few but the bigger ticket ones that have been raised where all prior.
Another thing they'll almost certainly consider is whether accounting for those alleged off-the-books payments would even have affected the club's PSR/FFP compliance.

As far as I know in 2012-2019 we never even came close to breaching any rules with the accounts the club actually reported so would adding the odd few million here or there on some years even have changed anything? The Guardian article mentions the dodgy payments total 'tens of millions' over the seven year period in question but for some context the club's reported overall revenues and costs for the same time period were both in excess of 3 billion. While 'tens of millions' sounds like a lot of money in isolation, in this kind of scale and over a time period that long it becomes almost negligible.

That being said, the rules are 100% clear and they dictate every payment has to be included in the accounts so some form of punishment for failure to report them would definitely be a fair outcome but if someone actually believes anyone's getting an automatic relegation and/or trophies stripped for misfiling ~1% of their costs I can't help but feel they're going to be in for some big disappointment when a verdict comes in.

Woziak

Clutching at straws, they are being investigated from 2012-2018 for a reason, Eden Hazard signed in June 2012 and thus has nothing to do with FFP/PSR which was in place in European Football from 2009, this is to do with fraudulent and admitted fraudulent reporting of accounts to the PL, that case alone carries an expulsion from the league as punishment!

I’ll make this very clear for all Chelsea Fans, if you pay an agent in a third party bank account copious amounts of money to facilitate the signing of Marquee Players that have had a significant effect in wining you trophies, CL qualification then your are guilty of much more than FFP/PSR this is fraudulent declaration of accounts in accordance of the PL rule book.

I’d just hope as Chelsea fan that the other 19 PL Owners/CEO have some empathy as Todd Boehly has done the right thing and self report, however I can’t see CEO’s like Daniel Levy letting any Chelsea owner off the hook, can you ?