Coloccini 'set for Newcastle job'

NoPace

As long as Liverpool gets the yanks and Canucks
As a Canadian, this would be great on more than one level. I think our 11 best chucked in at Anfield would see them quickly end up in the champo, but with good coaching and a couple of Americans sprinkled there, they could stay up and be a consistent mid-table side. Play together all season like the old Red Army teams and start making World Cups.

NoPace

Nobody mentioning Gary Neville, but it would make sense some sense and if he did brilliantly for a couple of seasons could be in for a shout at the England job post-Hodgson or even United post-Van Gaal.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Carragher and Neville were like school boys trying not to laugh in front of the head teacher. I couldn't hold it in myself.

Amazing hope it happens no wonder Pardew wants out and better than being sacked. What about Ameobi like?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Nobody mentioning Gary Neville, but it would make sense some sense and if he did brilliantly for a couple of seasons could be in for a shout at the England job post-Hodgson or even United post-Van Gaal.
Of the class of 92, I see Gary Neville most likely to make it as a manager. He just seems happy doing his tv stuff I reckon and his England coaching.

ravi2

Of the class of 92, I see Gary Neville most likely to make it as a manager. He just seems happy doing his tv stuff I reckon and his England coaching.
I don't know about that, he thought that us moving away from the 442 was "breaking from tradition" also he was one of the few to defend moyes to the end and even suggested that he "deserved more time" in spite of the overwhelming evidence that everything was going to shit.
I guess he can go coach some other team... Just not us.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I don't know about that, he thought that us moving away from the 442 was "breaking from tradition" also he was one of the few to defend moyes to the end and even suggested that he "deserved more time" in spite of the overwhelming evidence that everything was going to shit.
I guess he can go coach some other team... Just not us.
He's a traditionalist when it comes to Manchester United that's for sure, and everything he thinks they stand for, but at another club, I'm sure he'd be more open minded about systems and playing styles. He talks a good game on Monday night football from what I've seen, but being a manager is easier said than done.

Baxter

Ashley is paying Ally McCoist to sit around and do nothing after he resigned :lol:

Nothing surprises me.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
What about Monk for Swansea?
Monk hasn't finished his coaching qualifications last year but he had already enough to get the job (like Shearer for Newcastle or Giggs for us)
And Monk was one of the coaches of Swansea's U18 team

Coloccini has not any coaching qualifications (according to Chronicle's Sports Writer Lee Ryder)

Even Rooney, Carrick or Fletcher have coaching qualifications......i don't know if they would have enough to be the coach of a club.....but they have more than Coloccini

roykeane19

:lol: When I seen thread title, I thought this was another "Phillip Lahm is a black man" thread

Haha Colocinni manager just seems hilarious for some reason

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...cio-coloccini-not-in-running-for-managers-job

Club captain Fabricio Coloccini is not in the running to become the next manager of Newcastle, Sky sources understand.

The Magpies captain had emerged as the surprise favourite for the job should Alan Pardew, as expected, leave St James’ Park to take over at Crystal Palace.

But Coloccini is not believed to be in contention for the manager’s job at Newcastle, with caretaker-boss John Carver and Steve Stone expected to be in charge of the team for the visit of Burnley on New Year’s Day.

Former Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood and Hull boss Steve Bruce have also been linked with the role.

Gopher Brown

Monk hasn't finished his coaching qualifications last year but he had already enough to get the job (like Shearer for Newcastle or Giggs for us)
And Monk was one of the coaches of Swansea's U18 team

Coloccini has not any coaching qualifications (according to Chronicle's Sports Writer Lee Ryder)

Even Rooney, Carrick or Fletcher have coaching qualifications......i don't know if they would have enough to be the coach of a club.....but they have more than Coloccini
I'm sure Giggs was one of the only players to gain his Pro Licence while still playing.

If Coloccini has no qualifications, it could be 2-3 years before he has got the B licence, A licence and Pro Licence, although the Premier League seem incredibly willing to bend their own rule on the licences for whoever.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm more surprised that Newcastle (aka best fans in the universe) don't seem to have any forums with more than about 10 people.

Clas Sified

Seriously though, if you were asked to manage Newcastle, would you want to work under Ashley? I definitely wouldn't!

toonfan

It's only 6 really - Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer, Hughton, Pardew.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
8!!!! and he has owned Newcastle for about 7 or 8 seasons now right? What a good awful record that is.
Looking at Wiki - Big Sam, followed by Nigel Pearson as caretaker, Keegan, Pearson again as caretaker, Kinnear, Shearer, Hughton and Pardew.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
As a Canadian, this would be great on more than one level. I think our 11 best chucked in at Anfield would see them quickly end up in the champo, but with good coaching and a couple of Americans sprinkled there, they could stay up and be a consistent mid-table side. Play together all season like the old Red Army teams and start making World Cups.
What?

Mersault

Has there ever been a manager/owner scenario? Maybe Ashley can forge some coaching badges. That's what I took the Coloccini rumors to be, a puppet.

toonfan

Still 6 in the 7 or 8 years he has owned the club doesn't seem a good record.
The 8 yr contract for Pardew suggests Ashley wants a bit more stability these days. His first few years here were beyond a joke though. Kinnear ffs.

I know many have asked if there will be a lot of managers prepared to work under the constraints Ashley has in place, and I do have some sympathy with Pardew in this respect. But on the other hand this is an owner who is prepared to place a huge amount of trust in a manager and give them more job security than just about anyone else. I also don't think European managers will care much about Carr essentially being Director of Football as plenty of European clubs are also structured that way.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Has there ever been a manager/owner scenario? Maybe Ashley can forge some coaching badges. That's what I took the Coloccini rumors to be, a puppet.
Think Niall Quinn did something like this at Sunderland? It lasted about 3 games, 0 wins. Then he brought Keane in?

toonfan

Chester City were bought by an American chap who appointed himself manager and helped get them relegated out of the football league.

Tyrion

Well that's part of the reason Pardew is leaving. All Ashley wants to do is finish top 10 and continue selling his top players.
Yeah I saw Toonfan's analysis of the structure of Newcastle's scouting system on another thread. He seemed to say that Pardew was just a coach and had next to no involvement with transfers. If that's true, than it seems likely that Ashley wanted players to be bought for their resale value (which a scout would be best placed to identify) without any consideration for whether or not they would help the team (which a manager could identify). That would suggest he doesn't give a damn how Newcastle actually do on the pitch.

Then I see Coloccini is the favourite. It's like Ashley just went "Feck it, I don't want to interview anyone." *Sees Coloccini walking down the hall* "Make that lad manager."
Though then again, that assumes Ashley is actually at Newcastle...

This will all end in tears for Newcastle I think. The days of Pardew managing them may be a lot better than what they'll put up with for the next few years.