Film Comic Book Movies and Dungeon and Dragon rip off film and televison shows

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
You know the ones im talking about.. your avengers/game of thrones/witcher type shows.

Is it just me or are there other people out there that simply do not find either of these genres remotely interesting and would rather watch a man getting hit by football as more fascinating and enlightening.

To clarify, ive watched the Iron Man trilogy (and the Bale batmans/Joker), Both Deadpools (which I dont count as it takes the absolute living piss out of the Comic Book world) and the first season of Game of Thrones before I realised it was utter trash and appeals to the same people that watched shit like twilight and thought Harry Potter was literary genius (in part, she actually did a fecking good job with those books, but they are not difficult to read nor ground breaking) and it really is just a rehash of the same ideas thrown about by Lord of the Rings except with incest, more beheadings and the baddie who is made out of ice and not fire.

Its the fantasy equivalent of Fast and Furious... change my mind.

Also...

Amarsdd

You know the ones im talking about.. your avengers/game of thrones/witcher type shows.

Is it just me or are there other people out there that simply do not find either of these genres remotely interesting and would rather watch a man getting hit by football as more fascinating and enlightening.

To clarify, ive watched the Iron Man trilogy (and the Bale batmans/Joker), Both Deadpools (which I dont count as it takes the absolute living piss out of the Comic Book world) and the first season of Game of Thrones before I realised it was utter trash and appeals to the same people that watched shit like twilight and thought Harry Potter was literary genius (in part, she actually did a fecking good job with those books, but they are not difficult to read nor ground breaking) and it really is just a rehash of the same ideas thrown about by Lord of the Rings except with incest, more beheadings and the baddie who is made out of ice and not fire.

Its the fantasy equivalent of Fast and Furious... change my mind.
oh brilliant points. Enlighten us more ..

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I can understand the comic book film thing purely from an over-saturation point of view. If (like me) you're not a fan of those films but you like going to the cinema now and again, it feels like there's never anything new on but the fecking superhero movie of the month.

I really don't get the whinge about the fantasy setting though. I'm struggling to think of a single high profile film or show of that ilk in the last 20 years other than GoT or LotR.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
You can't not count Deadpool as a comic book movie just because you liked it.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
GOT and the Witcher are based on books. Which I assume you’re aware of, but then you accuse them of ripping off film and tv shows. You then name drop LOTR (which is originally a book, and again I assume you know this) so I’m not getting the statement you’re trying to make. With the use of “Dungeon and Dragon” I imagine this is satirical but I still don’t get what you’re trying to say.

I’m not sure that you can watch one series of a tv show (and maybe the Harry Potters, you don’t make it clear) and can claim to have any worthwhile insight into the genre as a whole. Your judgement on the individual shows or books you’ve read is perfectly valid, but I don’t think I could watch a single Star Wars movie and decide that sci fi sucks with confidence.

Fingeredmouse

GOT and the Witcher are based on books. Which I assume you’re aware of, but then you accuse them of ripping off film and tv shows. You then name drop LOTR (which is originally a book, and again I assume you know this) so I’m not getting the statement you’re trying to make. With the use of “Dungeon and Dragon” I imagine this is satirical but I still don’t get what you’re trying to say.

I’m not sure that you can watch one series of a tv show (and maybe the Harry Potters, you don’t make it clear) and can claim to have any worthwhile insight into the genre as a whole. Your judgement on the individual shows or books you’ve read is perfectly valid, but I don’t think I could watch a single Star Wars movie and decide that sci fi sucks with confidence.
The poster's doing the whole cultural superiority thing where anyone who likes anything that is considered to be a genre (I notice that magical realism is ok however, because a category had to be invented to allow the self styled guardians of high art to enjoy anything remotely fantastical) and the poster's using Dungeons & Dragons to invoke an image of cliched pathetic dweebs pretending to be elves to discredit anything that he deems to be infantile and unworthy.

Jack-C20

Nah, you do you.

Not everyone likes the same shit.
I thought rival fans were meant to be full of crap and deluded. Take your logic and reasoning elsewhere!

But yeah, what you said. I love marvel movies (not all of them) but I’ve never had an urge to watch GOT. Maybe subconsciously I was saving it for a rainy day, like being off work for 5 weeks due to a pandemic, but I’ve still not started it. Currently rewatching the LOTR trilogy but never had the urge to read the books. You have to take things as they suit you. There’s hundreds of crime shows on tv, a lot of which follow the same premise and they do well because they’re easy watching. Analysing things more than that sounds like effort to me.

Sylar

Is this a long post to say 'anybody who likes stuff I dont like are nerds'

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Oldboy, The road to perdition, from hell, oblivion, history of violence, the fountain, snowpiercer, weird science, 30 days of nights, blue is the warmest colour. A small sample, all comic book movies.