Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Anyone heard Freddie Gibbs' and Madlib's - Pinata? Half way through it now, and it's pretty damn good.

rotherham_red

Is Cocaine Pinata really a mainstream release? Brilliant album though, and I thought the EPs were good!

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
That song My Hitta by YG, Jeezy and Rich Homie Quan is as homoerotic as Gangstalicious' Homies Over Hoes :lol:

Aaron McGruder is a prophet.

mic.m

:nervous:

Was glad to see the Dilla nod in the Boondocks ad. Shame McGruder won't be contributing to this season.
I hope they don't bastardise that cartoon. It's the reason I stopped watching Southpark. McGruder brought a unique perspective to all his characters. They should have tried harder to keep him on board.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Cunnin Lynguists' new album... They've maintained level of production from 'Oneirology'.

Flawless music. KNO and gang did it again with few solid album guests.

Would love to find more artists similar to their style as I know shit about Hip hop so far.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
YG and Mustard have a good chemistry going at the moment, but YG really isn't a great lyricist at all though. I'm feeling the stuff I've been hearing from Chance the Rapper lately though, anyone listen to him?

I've had Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 in my car for a while too now.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
YG and Mustard have a good chemistry going at the moment, but YG really isn't a great lyricist at all though. I'm feeling the stuff I've been hearing from Chance the Rapper lately though, anyone listen to him?

I've had Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 in my car for a while too now.
Mustard carried that album. IMO he was the hottest producer last year and his hit streak is still going strong. YG is alright on the album, rarely stands out, not even on the single.

Heard Chance on Vic Mensa's "Suitcase", he was decent. Didn't hear nothing that suggested I look more into his music. What do you recommend?

yup said Nipsey is his favourite artist, grew up a couple blocks from Slauson
Where do you put your interviews?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mustard carried that album. IMO he was the hottest producer last year and his hit streak is still going strong. YG is alright on the album, rarely stands out, not even on the single.

Heard Chance on Vic Mensa's "Suitcase", he was decent. Didn't hear nothing that suggested I look more into his music. What do you recommend?

I will admit, I first noticed Chance on Beiber's single 'Confident' and became a bit curious about him, because if your gonna get on a Beiber single you are probably relevant somewhere.

en h

Chance has got a distinct style, like his flow. I will admit I first noticed him on the Beiber single 'Confident' and was curious, because if you get on a Beiber single you must be relevant somewhere.

I then heard him on Dedication 5 on 'You Song' and was impressed. Youtubed a couple of bits after that. Unique flow. Not my fave rapper or anything but an interesting alternative.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury

They go on a website called Pardon My Blog, these won't be up for a minute as they need to be edited though. Will post the link when they are up. Also interviewed Krondon from Strong Arm Steady

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Mustard carried that album? He didn't even produce the best song on there.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Illmatic XX is streaming. Ten extra tracks, two original and eight remixed. Any excuse to listen to the masterpiece really.

Baxter

Bit late but the YG album is very good, and the production is brilliant. Favourite release in a while.

Andrew~

Game is a fcuk boy for getting involved in all this, has nothing better to do with his time. Tyga lucky too because Durk and them don't play
Love Game's music, but he strikes me as a bit of a follower; he'll join your beef if he's known you 15 minutes. :lol:

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
All the people he named dropped from Chiraq were like nope not siding with you here. Durk's dad was a real one, there's a story that he got nicked with $8m in cash trying to do a runner.

KiD MoYeS

Recently downloaded this fella's EP from last year, PRAY, and it's quality. He's apparently on Kanye's new album.

KiD MoYeS

I've yet to get into the whole Drill Chicago hip-hop. Can't say I'm mad on Chief Keef, Lil Herb released a good tape this year though, Welcome to Fazoland.

Santos J

I've yet to get into the whole Drill Chicago hip-hop. Can't say I'm mad on Chief Keef, Lil Herb released a good tape this year though, Welcome to Fazoland.
Yeah Lil Herb's good, Lil Bibby's 'Free Crack' mixtape was proper good too.

Denzel Curry's Nostalgic 64 album is good aswell, not really commercial as such but still, one of my favourite albums of last year tbh, definitely worth a listen. Pretty sure it's a free download, not sure though.

edit/ full album's on youtube & yeah it's a free download anyway

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@KiD MoYeS that a decent tune, even though the music randomly stops half way through. I'll check out his EP.

mic.m

Mustard carried that album? He didn't even produce the best song on there.
Bit late but the YG album is very good, and the production is brilliant. Favourite release in a while.
I stopped taking Mustard seriously when he compared himself and YG to Snoop and Dre.