g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Common Bad On-Field Habits of Professional Footballers That Annoy You

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yeah. Of all the things that annoy people, that is definitely the worst. It's natural. Like taking a piss. Needs to be done.
Yeah but it's a bit much when Rashford whips his cock out and starts taking a piss on the pitch.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Probably already mentioned, but when a player takes a shot in a good position, and another player in a shit position behind a bunch of defenders puts their hands out as if they were supposed to pass to them.

KeanoMagicHat

Pickford shouting at the defenders every time he has to make a save, you’re doing your job ffs.

BEST No7

I play a few 5's and 7's aside games per week and no one spits. Manky as feck tbh. I'm sure kids saw players doing it on the TV and it just caught on now.
Aye its one of those new age hipsters things. You should try it

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Bruno. Practically everything. If he wasn't with United, he'd be one of my most disliked footballers. It's a weird feeling.

Last edited:

jem

Unnecessary backheels/flicks (Rashford and Bruno are often guilty of this); hands in the air when scoring against a former team (so disingenuous); covering mouth when talking.

KeanoMagicHat

Another one that annoys me is when top-level centre midfielders that never even try to get around or pass forward whenever they're pressed and every single time play it back to their defender or goalkeeper. It shows a lack of quality but also a lack of belief in your own ability.

krazyrobus

CMs who don't pass in front of a running winger/fullback. It's so basic but so much attacking momentum is killed by these lack of passing in front of the player.

Strelok

Diving is bad enough but I simply can't stand blaming your teammates when you're obviously the one who fecks up. Really make me want to sucker punch that piece of shit.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Pickford shouting at the defenders every time he has to make a save, you’re doing your job ffs.
That's what I was going to say, although I was going for goalies in general. But Pickford is a prime example since he seems to do it pretty much every single time there's a shot towards goal that either goes out of play or he catches.

ROFLUTION

Players creating stupid and unnecessary fouls when chasing a goal around the 85th minute and up. Maguire did this yesterday too. It's as if it's more important to the player to make that tackle than the team.

I can never get my head around what stupid players does these free kicks.

Lynty

Spitting - by a long distance. Ive probably had to cough up a fly or thick bit of mucus on maybe a handful of occasions in 20 years playing. I go to the side and spit it up off field. No need to do it multiple times per match.

General pussiness of players. I broke my arm playing football and never made a sound. You can hear some of the players scream from the TV.

Anustart89

I've skimmed the answers and couldn't see this one, so apologies if I missed it.

Players who are tackled, decide they've been fouled, so they grab the ball to force the ref's decision. Stronger refs should see this as deliberate handball, which is an automatic yellow, but they never do. Why not?
Deliberate handball is not an automatic yellow.

Vanrouge

One of my favourite sights in football is a ref telling them to feck off and giving the free kick the other way for the handball. Most refs are too weak to do so, of course.

And yeah, it should be a yellow card as well, but never is.
It's strange how spineless the refs can be sometimes, but yes, I fully agree.

Vanrouge

Deliberate handball is not an automatic yellow.
Okay, I shouldn't have said "automatic," but in the "Interpretations of the Laws of the Game and Guidelines for Referees" section of the rules, a scenario that warrants a yellow card is when a player "handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession or developing an attack." So, when a player deliberately grabs the ball when he feels entitled to a free kick, regardless of the ref's opinion and when no whistle has sounded, he's at the very least deliberately handling it to prevent an opponent gaining possession and sometimes preventing an opponent delving attack. Either way, it's a yellow card offence.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Continuously spreading their saliva everywhere.

I understand why they do it but it still looks so uncouth.

Last edited:

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
What I'm about to say is more an off-field events but this keeps on happening way too often during games and it's getting intolerable....

Certain managers like Pep, Mou or Klopp etc gets way too much screen time during the game, I think this might have something to do with the current times we're living in where people rather like to watch other people's reactions, reacting on something over what caused that certain reaction.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Players who commit a foul, then immediately grab the ball and backpedal before finally throwing the ball back to the other team in a deliberately high arc, thus giving the defending team ample team to regroup before the free kick can be taken.

I wish there was a rule prohibiting the fouling team from touching the ball once a free kick has been awarded. That would make the game so much more fluid.

C'est Moi Cantona

When a player has a good chance to score but then misses, and on the replay you see a team mate waving his arms around as if he should have passed to them instead of taking the shot, even though they were in far worse position and were never likely to score either.

Also I have a weird irritation at seeing managers squirting water into their mouths when they are anxious or relieved about something that has just happened on the pitch.

Jev

Players who, believing they have been fouled, grab the ball with their hands before the whistle is blown, hoping that the referee will be confused and choose the easiest option, which is awarding the freekick. Usually works too.

FlapR

- Rolling around like they've been shot.
- Surrounding/arguing with the referee. The rules should be like rugby, no tolerance at all.

Anyone that mentions spitting is an idiot and has never played sport before. I'm not defending it, but it's scientifically proven that you generate thicker saliva during prolonged physical activity.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
- Rolling around like they've been shot.
- Surrounding/arguing with the referee. The rules should be like rugby, no tolerance at all.

Anyone that mentions spitting is an idiot and has never played sport before. I'm not defending it, but it's scientifically proven that you generate thicker saliva during prolonged physical activity.
Well that's a bit harsh :nervous:

I clearly specified that I understand why they do it my man(had a short amateur sporting career myself):lol:

FlapR

Well that's a bit harsh :nervous:

I clearly specified that I understand why they do it my man(had a short amateur sporting career myself):lol:
Wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I just read the thread title before bed :D

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This has noticeably become more of a frequent occurrence during the world cup: players looking up at themselves on the big screen. It just strikes me as a bit narcissistic. After Giroud's hit the post vs Morroco, he looked up and stared at himself for a solid 5 seconds.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The Saka/Sterling art of throwing yourself on the floor literally every time you lose the ball or fail to beat your man, then throwing a tantrum at the ref every single time he doesn't give a foul so he has no reason to ever trust or believe you or think youve actually been fouled. Cheating is one thing but at least learn not to be so fecking bad at it.

The Bruno Fernandes thing which is basically an upgrade of this to just throwing a tantrum at the ref every time play stops and he hasn't awarded you either a goal or a penalty.

Getting a throw in and then instead of taking it quickly, waiting bout 2 minutes until all your players are marked and then almost invariably immediately losing possession when you take it.

Time-wasting when there's about 40 minutes left while failing to understand that if the other team score during the significant amount of time you're spending deliberately putting yourself under pressure, it's actually your own time you've wasted.

Anustart89

This has noticeably become more of a frequent occurrence during the world cup: players looking up at themselves on the big screen. It just strikes me as a bit narcissistic. After Giroud's hit the post vs Morroco, he looked up and stared at himself for a solid 5 seconds.
Are replays shown on the big screen? Could it be that they’re looking at the replay of whatever made them being the focus of the camera?