Communicado Official: Casemiro #18

cyberman

Shocking transfer, committing nigh on 150m quid for a guy who's just turned 30 and isn't really someone who'll singlehandedly make us top 4 challengers is such short sighted business. Worse still is everyone lapping it up like we've just pulled some sort of masterstroke. We've paid more than City did for a 23 year old Rodri and covered what Madrid paid up front for Tchouameni :lol::lol:
This post is mental. Casemiro is a better player than Rodri and, as you said, he only covers the upfront payment of an unproven 100m player from France.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Just let the transfer fee go. we needed quality in quick
Journos and pundits will love to pull it down. Can hear Trevor Sinclair already comparing it to Haaland but feck them.
Should be a very good signing

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Athletic reporting up to £70m and £375k per week. Wow. That is huge money for 4 years!

Has there ever been a player over 30 play his entire career in another league and then come to the PL and do well? As good a player as he has been, this is going to be tough in this Utd team.
I'm sure that's in Euros. Plus when are folks gonna learn the British press exaggerates everything concerned with United........

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Delighted. Welcome Casemiro. Honestly feel he might be made captain before long. Nobody else is worthy. We have our new Roy Keane :keano:
Can see him being a top player til 33/34 anyway, so I'm not bothered about the fee. Nothing about him says on the verge of a decline. He's a beast physically and is also a very smart player.

Fts 74

Great signing can't believe we've pulled it off relatively easily as well.

Amazing to read the negative posts,a genuine world class DM,but he's past it and we paid too much, it's not our money so who cares?
The club has been derided from all corners for its transfer business, us as fans should give them some credit for getting this done.

Jazz

Good signing even if we paid too much. Hopefully he doesn't catch the Varane curse and his legs continue to hold up for 3-4 seasons.

Knowing our luck though he'll start to regress the second he puts on a shirt for us.
Let's try and be positive tonight.

C'est Moi Cantona

Casemiro is obviously a great player, but something really odd about it to me, speed it happened, lack of fight from RM to keep him, why he'd want to come here right now, etc, not sure what to make of it.

AdNani

Shocking transfer, committing nigh on 150m quid for a guy who's just turned 30 and isn't really someone who'll singlehandedly make us top 4 challengers is such short sighted business. Worse still is everyone lapping it up like we've just pulled some sort of masterstroke. We've paid more than City did for a 23 year old Rodri and covered what Madrid paid up front for Tchouameni :lol::lol:
And got the best player out of the 3, by a distance.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That's the spirit.

A transfer who should be on paper brilliant, time will tell.

But the club wouldn't spend money they haven't got, so it really isn't an issue in terms of finance.

Tchouameni is no doubt going to be a good player, he is no where near a £70/80m player yet, they are banking on potential with him.
Whereas we know what Casemiro can do, we are paying for ready made talent.

Jazz

Guys, Real Madrid fan here. You got a great player, please take care of him. He is a beast, he will die on the pitch, and I think he is exactly what you needed. Can't get mad at him, he won everything for us, and if he wants to try something else, great. All in all, I'm glad he comes to you guys, I know you appreciate a quality player and a person above all.
PS. Now pick yourself together, and see you in CL next season.
Thank you! Great servant for you and he's fetched you a handsome transfer fee as well! :)

I like what I've read so far about the way he approaches things. Hoping it all goes well for him here. if he gives his all on the pitch, is all we ask for.

Senad89

Supports
Real Madrid
Thank you! Great servant for you and he's fetched you a handsome transfer fee as well! :)

I like what I've read so far about the way he approaches things. Hoping it all goes well for him here. if he gives his all on the pitch, is all we ask for.
His biggest quality is how he reads the game. Trust me, you will see soon how great he is.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
It's a piss poor financial deal, absolutely horrendous for a player of that age. I also don't like the way we've gone about it once again, it gives the strong impression it hasn't really been thought out, we're just throwing a good player at a problem and hoping it works rather than an overarching plan that was formed at the inception of the market.

However, he's still obviously a top player and should be for at least a couple of years. If he can perform to his current level, which is a big if in this side, we should improve and start giving ourselves a platform in matches. Which will be important because the defence are shot to pieces at the moment.
Unless you are secretly Joel Glazer and your pissed off this deal is going to affect your dividend, Im not sure what you expect Utd to do with 12 days left in the transfer window.
What would you have done differently at this moment? Sign no one?
Its clear despite our optimism a few months ago that we are struggling to attract quality right now. We need to get to a better level so we can get top 4 and then be able to attract the players we want. This means paying over the odds and maybe not getting the perfect first choice but thats the reality.
We need to accept it.

Herman Toothrot

Beckham
Van Nistlerooy
Ronaldo
Casemiro
Di Maria
Varane

Anyone else played for United and Madrid?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not my money…

His age has already been discussed at length (loads of top players in the world are his age… some older). Also fitness record very good…

He won’t single handedly do it but neither would Ronaldo, Messi or Mbappe. They’d make us better, so will Casemiro by shielding defence and getting ball to players who can do something dangerous with it…

And being out of the CL and getting such a top player IS a master stroke…

He’s better than Rodri…

I don’t care what whether our money ‘covers’ Madrids buys, I’m only interested in United…

nimic

something nice
Scout
Shocking post. We signed a world class DM, the first one we've signed since... when? Hargreaves?

Also, where are you getting £150m from? That's nonsense.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I hope the poster I warned the other day for putting 20+ laughing smilies in the original thread has egg on their face tonight!
To be fair to whoever that is, the odds on this move happening a couple of days ago felt about the same as Mbappe going to Everton.

tjb

Tbh the media and some fans should not act like the club finally did something right. It's bs imo. They've been right all summer. FDJ chose not to come after holding out for most of the summer. We had always planned to get a midfielder, and one of considerable quality.

We still got a Cb, a good left back and another midfielder in Eriksen. We are also and have also been in the market for a forward. Nothing in our plans on the position we wanted to sign changed, yet Murtough and Arnold (both new in the lead positions) got packaged with Woodward. We still have 12 days in the window, a lot of time, yet where other clubs would have only been flamed at the end of the window, United got put under needless pressure from the start of August. The hysteria in relation to transfers was weird, it was clearly in the plan to get this position. Barcelona illegal practices, not incompetence from us, led to the delay.

Swedish_Plumber

Happy with this. Absolutely out of nowhere and did not expect to see him leave Madrid until 34/5.

Would still like a ball playing midfielder as Only eriksen can find a pass.

tjb

Athletic reporting up to £70m and £375k per week. Wow. That is huge money for 4 years!

Has there ever been a player over 30 play his entire career in another league and then come to the PL and do well? As good a player as he has been, this is going to be tough in this Utd team.
Claude Makalele

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Good dm signing. Something that we needed. Still prefer de Jong, but Casemiro should improve our team. Hopefully, we don't come back here in a few months time and say, why did we sign this guy :lol:

Pat Cat

Shocking post. We signed a world class DM, the first one we've signed since... when? Hargreaves?

Also, where are you getting £150m from? That's nonsense.
70m in transfer fees plus 72m in wages

Pat Cat

This post is mental. Casemiro is a better player than Rodri and, as you said, he only covers the upfront payment of an unproven 100m player from France.
And got the best player out of the 3, by a distance.
Casemiro is not better than either Tchouameni or Rodri, especially not for the role ETH wants from his 6. They are/were much younger than he was when they were signed. Not to mention anyone thinking Tchouameni is some unproven kid who they've taken a gamble on clearly hasn't watched him, he's as guaranteed a world class player as anyone of his age in recent times.

marktan

Casemiro is obviously a great player, but something really odd about it to me, speed it happened, lack of fight from RM to keep him, why he'd want to come here right now, etc, not sure what to make of it.
It's a good deal for Real, they signed Tchoumanei to replace Casemiro and then get to sell Casemiro for a little less than they paid for the former.

They've got the bulk of the miles out of him and whilst we get a very good player we get a lot of the risk know for a player with a lot of miles in his legs.