Communicado Official: Casemiro #18

Nights

He wasn’t at the same level when he was playing for Bayern?????
Give yourself an uppercut mate! :lol: :lol:
If you think so. One was a key player behind a UCL 3 peat and credited as such by his teammates and manager and is the lynchpin of his national side. The other is a great player that’s lost big chunks of time to injury.

Bondi77

If you think so. One was a key player behind a UCL 3 peat and credited as such by his teammates and manager and is the lynchpin of his national side. The other is a great player that’s lost big chunks of time to injury.
So Benzema, Kroos and Modric are worth about the same price then and we got Varane for half his value going by your first statement.
If you cannot see we have massively overpaid for this bloke I cannot say anymore.

Nights

So Benzema, Kroos and Modric are worth about the same price then and we got Varane for half his value going by your first statement.
If you cannot see we have massively overpaid for this bloke I cannot say anymore.
Feel free to name another CDM that’s arguably the best in the world at his position, which fills a glaring hole that we’ve had in our lineup for years with 3+ years on their contract to run for a cheaper price?

Bondi77

Feel free to name another CDM that’s arguably the best in the world at his position, which fills a glaring hole that we’ve had in our lineup for years with 3+ years on their contract to run for a cheaper price?
I am not a football scout but as far as I am aware the reason why we brought Erik in was to rebuild the squad and that he was a brilliant tactician with an astute eye for a player so it would remove the need for buying the 30+ players that only come to the club for a payday.
Varane was arguably the best in his position when he was at Madrid.....how is that working out ?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I think there’s another big signing in us (Antony is brewing) and then a couple of smaller ones. It seems the club has briefed they want a forward, RB and another CM.

I don’t think Rabiot was the first choice over Casemiro so definitely looking at another in the middle.

Interesting to see how far we will go.
Yeah definitely seems one more big signing (attacker) plus a couple of cheaper options (RB/CM).

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Do you think he will be a success? Is he still in his prime?
I suppose that if the sale is accepted it is because they see some signs of exhaustion, although he has not seemed to be a player who lives off his speed, but rather on positioning and intelligence on the pitch.
Ancelotti said that Case looks like a coach or something similar.
As I heard , he's good enough to win the final but not to take us there.
In any case I've been a bit against Casemiro for a while, so I'm not the most objective.
Yes, I think he'll do well but he doesn't work miracles. He's not a playmaker and needs to adapt to what the midfield is going to be like.
I have more confidence in his success than I had with Varane.

Judas

Open to offers
Be interesting to see how our football evolves with a true DM in the side. He's world class, surely Ten Hag can get the best out of him, but he won't be able to do it alone.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Come on what???
Okay...he wanted a new challenge and Bayern wanted to keep him but he had just featured in a treble winning Bayern team and was lauded for his performances but apparently we were not interested and Liverpool paid 20mil for his services.
We have just paid three times the price for a player the same age......get your head around that :houllier: :houllier:
Liverpool have Fabinho though, we needed Casemiro to protect our back 4. Also Thiago hardly plays because he’s so injury prone so if we can get as many games as we can from Casemiro then it will be already worth the money.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The glaring hole has been having no midfielder capable of keeping the ball under pressure and adding composure to the team as a whole.

Casemiro brings NEITHER.

RoyH1

One of the things that caught my attention the most in this transfer besides how quick everything happened, was the almost total absence of journalist/insider speculation. Compared to the de Jong circus it’s a refreshing state of affairs and indicates a much more compartmentalised ship at the Bernabéu than in Barcelona.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Massively overpaid, no long term plan and possibly another Varane situation. But it is a key position that we've lacked for years so I'm positive about it. Hope he can adapt to the PL quickly.

Samawoodo

Supports
Real Madrid
I don’t remember a massive fuss from Madrid when we signed Varane. Not sure why you’re bringing the word mental into this.
As you said, this is not slightly the same.

Casemiro is loved by every single Real fan and we didn't want him to go, but we have to respect his decision.

He wants to try a new challenge with one of the best football clubs in the world in the PL with a last huge signing. He is aiming to be a coach in the future, so that's why he needed this experience as well.

You are not just signing an awesome football player, but an awesome profesional and person.

For this season, we were expecting him to rotate more with 2Meni (even knowing he was still one of our key players), because the previous years we hadn't players for his position and he had to play every fecking single game, but in the end he decided to start this new adventure.

Now is not that huge loss that could have been years before, because we have Cama + 2Meni, but still is painfull to watch :'( .

He is going to be the boss of your midfield in no time, you'll see. You are not going to regret this transfer.

Best of the lucks Carlos Henrique, thank you for everything you did and remember Madrid will be your home forever.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I have lived the most wonderful story that I ever thought. I hope to return one day to what will always be my home. Not in a thousand lifetimes will I be able to give back to
@RealMadrid and Real Madrid all that you have given me. Forever… Hala Madrid!

dove

I have lived the most wonderful story that I ever thought. I hope to return one day to what will always be my home. Not in a thousand lifetimes will I be able to give back to
@RealMadrid and Real Madrid all that you have given me. Forever… Hala Madrid!

Already thinking about returning. Walk away.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Having him in midfield being able to sometimes cover for both CBs will hopefully be a game changer for the way we play. We have really missed Carrick since he retired and I really want Casemiro to be the player to really replace him.

Martinez4midfield

Supports
Ajax
Could be the best signing we make of all time. If he lets the front three play like I think he will, then top 4 is in play and we're back in it given time.

Deery

Dreary
I like Casemiro but in 2 years we are going to have another Matic situation only far more expensive, surely this is transparent to anyone at the club?

Maticmaker

This seems to have come out of the blue, is this the real reason we have allowed ourselves to look like muppets over FDJ?
Is it now going to be Casimerio and Garner as a new twosome in midfield?
I would have loved to see Garner playing for at least one season alongside Matic, but this is probably a better option.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We should've signed Rice instead :(

How are these people getting paid to talk such shite? You'd hear better analysis in wetherspoons.

crossy1686

career ending
Massively overpaid, no long term plan and possibly another Varane situation. But it is a key position that we've lacked for years so I'm positive about it. Hope he can adapt to the PL quickly.
I'm not worried about him adapting, he's been there and done it in all the big competitions. The pay is big but for a player that's won what he has, it's hard to say he doesn't deserve it, we're also not a position to negotiate lower salaries for world class players considering how shit we are, and I'd rather he gets it than the Glazers or any of the board.

I think the biggest plus about this signing is that it should lift the team There's zero faith in the current midfield from the current players and the fans so maybe seeing him in the middle will give them all a reason to believe they can win or get back into games when they go a goal down.

mikeyt

Whether we like it or not, we're in a market where players cost a lot! We aren't going to attract the top young talent as much as we used to because the club isn't in the CL nor is it looking like being in it next season (appreciate 2 games in). We need to bring in players to provide instant impact and fill holes that need filling now. If we can do that we can bring ourselves out of the current situation and hopefully get back in the CL quickly. This is turn should hopefully help us to attract the younger type of talent we are looking for.

People need to remember we aren't the United of 15-20 years ago wit ha stable manager, structure etc. We're in crisis and have been for a number of years.

I love this signing in that it brings a high profile, top tier talent in an area we need, but I'm uneasy paying so much and a high salary for a guy that isn't exactly young. My hope though is that this is the catalyst to additional signings and hopefully he can bring a protection to a defence crying out for it and in turn allow our attacking players to be more expressive.

My hope is maybe just maybe we can go back for Frenkie or even a Bellingham type next summer to play alongside him but for now he's one hell of an upgrade on what we've got so I'll enjoy that at least!

Rolaholic

Redbandito

We should've signed Rice instead :(
The guy is right. Not only would Rice not choose United, West Ham would hold out for another 50-60 million pounds than what the other blokes are quoting. They don’t want to sell…and especially not to Man United. Casemiro is less than half of what Rice would have cost this year. In a vacuum, sure I’d take Rice. But the two situations are far from the same. We could buy Casemiro and two other players for what Rice was going to cost.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
There's no way he's making £18 million per year.
He was earning 10m per year at Madrid. He isn't leaving a club capable of winning everything, uprooting his family and coming to one of the worst run top clubs in the world for an extra couple of million.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Already thinking about returning. Walk away.
maybe he means as manager... he's 30 and signing a four year deal with possible extra 12 months. no one signs a 35 year old midfielder - not even us. more importantly, is the answer for us? I don't know but not on his own that's for sure