Communicado Official: Casemiro #18

red_de_pologne

Man has grande cojones to come to us knowing we’re bottom of the league and seeing this as a challenge for himself, a beast of a DM at United, it’s been a long time

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
To be fair to whoever that is, the odds on this move happening a couple of days ago felt about the same as Mbappe going to Everton.
We are just waiting for them to agree on a swap deal with Andros Townsend.

Abraxas

Unless you are secretly Joel Glazer and your pissed off this deal is going to affect your dividend, Im not sure what you expect Utd to do with 12 days left in the transfer window.
What would you have done differently at this moment? Sign no one?
Its clear despite our optimism a few months ago that we are struggling to attract quality right now. We need to get to a better level so we can get top 4 and then be able to attract the players we want. This means paying over the odds and maybe not getting the perfect first choice but thats the reality.
We need to accept it.
I wouldn't have got into this position in the first place if I was Joel Glazer, or indeed anybody associated with our sporting performance. I would have had a recruitment team in place that can be relied upon.

We didn't get to 12 days left in the window by warping through time, we got into a panic buying situation through ineptitude and a complete failure of planning.

AdNani

Casemiro is not better than either Tchouameni or Rodri, especially not for the role ETH wants from his 6. They are/were much younger than he was when they were signed. Not to mention anyone thinking Tchouameni is some unproven kid who they've taken a gamble on clearly hasn't watched him, he's as guaranteed a world class player as anyone of his age in recent times.
Alvarez was his 6 last year at Ajax. So....

i'm just gonna ignore the rest as it's laughable IMO

Cole9

Clearly a panic buy and we’ve way overpaid for him. I dread to think what his wages are too. A lot of red flags, but good luck to him.

Will Singh

Without a doubt this has been one of the best signings the club has made in recent years and one of the most important ones. If we get De Jong our midfield has gone from the worst in the league to one of the best. Still not feeling that buzz from a major signing while we have those snakes as owners.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
We will be a much better team with him. Can he play on Monday?

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I don’t want to piss on anyones fire but we’ve paid 70 million for 30 year old that Madrid didn’t want. They let Varane go easy enough and look how that ended up. They’re not stupid.

dbs235

Not sure how anyone can have any complaints about this. It's hardly ground breaking analysis from me but City/Liverpool/Madrid have top players in every position which is why they're the best teams. We don't, and he's a top player. There's always the risk of his age/motivation but he's worth the risk.

stu_1992

Mental that this signing happened. Still can't believe he wants to come to us right now, and the speed in which we got it done with no fuss is just unbelievable considering how much of a mess we are right now.

Witchking

I don’t want to piss on anyones fire but we’ve paid 70 million for 30 year old that Madrid didn’t want. They let Varane go easy enough and look how that ended up. They’re not stupid.
The only reaction that matters is of the fans.Visit any Madrid forum. No one wanted to let him go. This hopefully works out.

RoyH1

We will be a much better team with him. Can he play on Monday?
Real Madrid has organized a goodbye ceremony for him so it seems he won't play. There's no way a work permit can come that fast, specially over a weekend.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So...has this transfer shown that the Utd officials can get a transfer done quickly?

U.N.C.L.E

Waiting for the inevitable “He’s turned to shit’ thread that happens to almost every player who joins this cursed wretch of a club……

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Well if you read Ancelotti's comments from this morning you'll see that they obviously wanted to keep him, he's quite bitter in those.

Casemiro told them he wanted to leave and they let him go out of respect given his contribution in the past decade or so.

Granted, signing him would have probably been a bit harder if they didn't already have Tchouameni in the squad, but just because they accepted his transfer request doesn't mean they didn't want him.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That isn't true and they didn't want to let Varane go either.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Well if you read Ancelotti's comments from this morning you'll see that they obviously wanted to keep him, he's quite bitter in those.

Casemiro told them he wanted to leave and they let him go out of respect given his contribution in the past decade or so.

Granted, signing him would have probably been a bit harder if they didn't already have Tchouameni in the squad, but just because they accepted his transfer request doesn't mean they didn't want him.
Madrid respect their veteran players a lot. Perez knows players like Casemiro and Varane gave everything for them. They usually don't stand in the way of these types of players wanting to leave.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
This transfer has a different feel, to me at least. Casemiro wanted it, not Real Madrid. They would have prefered to actually keep him.

mshnsh

We need a version of Kroos now, a right back, a no good no 9, and a replacement for Maguire (or for him to somehow improve a coupleof levels).

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
So...has this transfer shown that the Utd officials can get a transfer done quickly?
More importantly, that suggestions some were making how United can no longer attract world class players were ridiculous.

PoTMS

If we're being honest, £70m for a 30 year old is madness. Reeks of desperation.