Television Community

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Must be the greatest TV show on the planet?

New series coming out in a few weeks, any one else looking forward to it as much as I am?

Cina

I never thought it was a great show really, there were some genuinely great episodes scattered around, but they were usually surrounded by mediocre ones too, and season four was awful. It's not a patch on the likes of P&C and The Office at their peak, which were consistently great.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Glad Harmon is back writing the next season. Season 4 was shite. I remember the writer for the season finale defended the shitty script by saying she had only two weeks to write it. (Quality professionalism.)

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
I didn't really get the hate for season 4. If Harmon had been show runner for the exact same season I doubt it'd get anywhere near as much hate. It's actually pretty odd how much love he seems to get from the hardcore fans, pretty much every show that's on for a decent length of time changes show runner, often multiple times.

It wasn't as good as the season before it, but then season 3 wasn't as good as season 2 (which was truly excellent) either. One of the main reasons I thought season 4 struggled is because the reduced episodes meant less room to develop storylines so character development had to be forced more, but in general it was a pretty good season. Only real clunker was the captain spacetime episode (but then i've not really liked any of the captain spacetime stuff) and the finale was pretty poor.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I think I managed 4 and a half seasons before the quality dropped off ridiculously, with Chase and Glover leaving. Is the rest worth it?
It doesn't get back to its best, but worth watching it for completion I guess. At its worst its still better than most modern sitcoms.

I'd hope any movie would include the full original cast, and not the most recent cast.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The last season was very poor.

If they get the original cast together then I’d be interested in the movie.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I think I managed 4 and a half seasons before the quality dropped off ridiculously, with Chase and Glover leaving. Is the rest worth it?
Season 5 is right back on form. Season 6 lands about halfway between seasons 1-3 and season 4 in terms of quality. If I was gonna sit and rank the seasons, I'd say: 3 > 2 > 1 = 5 > 6 > 4.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Hope not, it ended well, movie is not needed, and it'll probably suck.
I'd like a movie just to complete Abed's prophecy, to be honest. I don't mind if it's trash.

If it was released exclusively on a streaming service and set around the time of season 5 (or even earlier than that in the unlikely event that they can reunite the original cast) then I'd be more than up for it. Even if it's complete rubbish and the plot is a simple "the gang goes on holiday!" idea, I wouldn't be too fussed. Not that I think it'll be anything like that, especially not if Dan Harmon oversees it. But still, as long as it hits that sweet spot between being part of the canon but non-essential to the plot of the show, then it can just be something for the fans to enjoy that new viewers don't feel obligated to watch - like the Christmas episode of BoJack Horseman, or the Breaking Bad minisodes, or the missing pieces of Lost, or basically any spin-off TV show that exists. It doesn't have to be brilliant for me.