Complete Mental Obliteration V2

Member 60376

It is not a matter of whether you will forget it or not, how do you know you are exactly drawing it each time, deviations will creep in. Every 100m if you stop and draw a map which just tells N-S E-W it makes not much sense. Read the question and check if you are using all resources.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
:lol:

Criticism is imminent!
Well supposedly he only has to draw the map once ot remember it forever even under the most adverse conditions, such as baking in the sun, wandering in the desert with enough water to keep him alive but not necessarily in great shape.

Essentially his plan is that he is perfect and therefore everything will work out fine.....ignoring the fact that he ended up naked in the desert, lost, and with a cut knee.....far from perfect don't you think.

TheBest

SPNTBP
It is not a matter of whether you will forget it or not, how do you know you are exactly drawing it each time, deviations will creep in. Every 100m if you stop and draw a map which just tells N-S E-W it makes not much sense. Read the question and check if you are using all resources.
i have read it and i am fairly sure it makes everysense

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
scorpions, lizzard, rattlesnakes

TheBest

SPNTBP
Well supposedly he only has to draw the map once ot remember it forever even under the most adverse conditions, such as baking in the sun, wandering in the desert with enough water to keep him alive but not necessarily in great shape.

Essentially his plan is that he is perfect and therefore everything will work out fine.....ignoring the fact that he ended up naked in the desert, lost, and with a cut knee.....far from perfect don't you think.
so when you are hurt you forget your name or 1,2,3?

I never said i'm perfect.

But surely learning only 1 map isn't the most difficult thing.

And i'm sure drawing each time will make me even more sure about the map

i learned many maps in childhood

i'm not saying i'm perfect,its just that learning one map ain't that hard specially when you keep revising every 100 metre

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Sorry I'm late for the question. But I have a good one.

You are trapped in the desert, you were stripped naked, you have little water, just enough water to get to the nearest civilisation without dieing from dehydration or sun-stroke. You can get to this village because you have a map on a piece of cloth. However, you also have a very, very bad cut on your knee, it is bleeding badly. Infact, if you don't immediately cover it from the sand it will get worse, the bleeding will continue, infection will set in and you will be immobile. If you place the cloth on the wound, the blood will wash away the faint ink. What do you do?
So here is the question.

Let's make some basic assumptions, and remember, it's better to assume the worst, therefore you are better prepared.

You are trapped in the desert without clothing or food. Sun-stroke is mentioned so there is blazing heat. You have been informed that there is a village that is achievable, your assumption should not be that this is a stroll, but a village within your physical limits, as it's been mentioned you have enough water to get to civilization. However, you have a wound, your priority is to tend to that. The map being the only source of help in that aspect, you need to make a comprimise. But the key part here is that the map shows civilization. Where the village is, is not your priority, it will be extremely hard, and ultimately too risky to navigate from memory in the blazing heat, a journey that could take days as your strengths will diminish through the injury, heat and dehydration. It's also worth remembering that you have no idea where you are in relation to this map, so your whole plan sort of fails right there, as you haven't talked about any sort of reference points or way to determine where you are, you've just decided you must be bang in the middle, and walk straight from there. Determining a direction is irrelevant if you don't know where you are in relation to anything. Saying the village is west of you is shit if you don't know where the hell you are.

I think your plan is far too optimistic, and reliant on you reaching this civilization at a steady speed. You might of had enough water to reach there, but with an injury and weather conditions, it's not realistic. Combined with your map-remembering techniques, I doubt it would work at all. If it's a complicated map, which I'm sure it is as you would have to be able to navigate through the desert with it, then you stand no chance. You need to take critical points which can then lead you towards a civilization you already know exists, rather than being overly ambitious and walking straight there. It's like the zombie bit, where you wanted to re-populate the world. Brave, but it's not going to happen.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I had to cut some of that down as I felt I had a bit which was answering the question for Liam's benefit too much.

TheBest

SPNTBP
So here is the question.

Let's make some basic assumptions, and remember, it's better to assume the worst, therefore you are better prepared.

You are trapped in the desert without clothing or food. Sun-stroke is mentioned so there is blazing heat. You have been informed that there is a village that is achievable, your assumption should not be that this is a stroll, but a village within your physical limits, as it's been mentioned you have enough water to get to civilization. However, you have a wound, your priority is to tend to that. The map being the only source of help in that aspect, you need to make a comprimise. But the key part here is that the map shows civilization. Where the village is, is not your priority, it will be extremely hard, and ultimately too risky to navigate from memory in the blazing heat, a journey that could take days as your strengths will diminish through the injury, heat and dehydration. It's also worth remembering that you have no idea where you are in relation to this map, so your whole plan sort of fails right there, as you haven't talked about any sort of reference points or way to determine where you are, you've just decided you must be bang in the middle, and walk straight from there. Determining a direction is irrelevant if you don't know where you are in relation to anything. Saying the village is west of you is shit if you don't know where the hell you are.

I think your plan is far too optimistic, and reliant on you reaching this civilization at a steady speed. You might of had enough water to reach there, but with an injury and weather conditions, it's not realistic. Combined with your map-remembering techniques, I doubt it would work at all. If it's a complicated map, which I'm sure it is as you would have to be able to navigate through the desert with it, then you stand no chance. You need to take critical points which can then lead you towards a civilization you already know exists, rather than being overly ambitious and walking straight there. It's like the zombie bit, where you wanted to re-populate the world. Brave, but it's not going to happen.
well this is based upon too many ofyour assumptions

either you mention specifically that you dont know where you are in the map otherwise its pretty fair to assume that you know where you are in map.
And your point of assuming that your in the middle of map is totally stupid
you say its a complex map and then you assume your in the middle of map
it makes no sense.
Your in the middle of desert how could you assume that your in the middle of map

so your post fails
Basically what this post proves is that you think your some kind of smartass and whatever you say is the right way of thinking which actually isn't the case although most of the newbies will agree with you since they find saying yes to everything you say convenient

Liam147

On Probation
I think Liam's water and / or gun-theory might've topped whatever Dewey blurred out
The water thing had the basis of a sound plan, it just needed work.
well this is based upon too many ofyour assumptions

either you mention specifically that you dont know where you are in the map otherwise its pretty fair to assume that you know where you are in map.
And your point of assuming that your in the middle of map is totally stupid
you say its a complex map and then you assume your in the middle of map
it makes no sense.
Your in the middle of desert how could you assume that your in the middle of map

so your post fails
Basically what this post proves is that you think your some kind of smartass and whatever you say is the right way of thinking which actually isn't the case although most of the newbies will agree with you since they find saying yes to everything you say convenient
Oof!

Smores

I have so much to say but I dont' want to help Liam too much :lol::lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Same here, I ended up removing loads of my post!

TheBest

SPNTBP
ok fair enough say after the laims answer
lets see what lame has got

TheBest

SPNTBP
by the way hectic i am supposing any of my little agressive posts towards you will not harm me longterm wise

am i right is supposing that?

Otherwise i can also do yes sir

Hectic

Supports
30fps
They will not act against you, my peon brained companion.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
so when you are hurt you forget your name or 1,2,3?

I never said i'm perfect.

But surely learning only 1 map isn't the most difficult thing.

And i'm sure drawing each time will make me even more sure about the map

i learned many maps in childhood

i'm not saying i'm perfect,its just that learning one map ain't that hard specially when you keep revising every 100 metre

Map =/= to 123 or your name.....silly of you to even draw that comparison.

Remember the situation you are under.....extreme heat, injured, enough water to survive but nto necessarily keeping you at 100% efficiency.../...so yeah chances are very good you will make tiny errors in the map that will then pass on to next one you do.....and over time the 'exact replicas" you imagine yourself making end up being different enough to doom you.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Map =/= to 123 or your name.....silly of you to even draw that comparison.

Remember the situation you are under.....extreme heat, injured, enough water to survive but nto necessarily keeping you at 100% efficiency.../...so yeah chances are very good you will make tiny errors in the map that will then pass on to next one you do.....and over time the 'exact replicas" you imagine yourself making end up being different enough to doom you.
I'm sure you've been in such situations before thats why you are so sure
but i am sure i wont make mistakes

Anyways lets first wait for laim answer

Liam147

On Probation
Right, this is a fairly basic plan, but here it is:

Right, first of all, you need to know which direction you're facing, so you know where you're going.

You could make the assumption that you're in the middle of the desert*, thus giving yourself the best chance of cutting down travel time by going in the 'wrong' direction. When you know the fastest way out, watch which way the sun's going. That way you can wrap your knee up in the cloth.

Say that if you travelled east by being in the centre of the desert, you'd get to civilisation faster than travelling any other direction, you'd watch which way the sun sets, and set off eastwards.

*Why assume I'm in the middle of the desert? Because it appears I've been kidnapped, if kidnappers were out to get me by taking my clothes and dumping me in the desert, it's likely they'd stick me as far away from the edge as possible.

I'll try help explain what I'd do with this picture:

Of course there are other issues I'd face, such as sandstorms, and nightfall.

The sand would be hard to fight against, as there'd be no mask or anything for me to use. I could probably take the cloth off, to face away from the storm, and put that over my face. Futile it may be, but it's the best I'd have.

At night, the priority is to keep warm. The best way of doing that is in an animal's skin. That would be tricky to obtain, but I assume there are animals in the desert who have died, and not yet been eaten. That would be my best option, but if it wasn't available to me, I'd possibly have to try kill something. How, I have no idea, and it'd probably kill me, but again, it'd be my only choice.

In fact, my best chance in terms of travelling, might be to travel at night. I'd be vigilant of the wild, and wouldn't be dying of dehydration, and movement alone would, although slightly, warm me up. In that case I'd probably try find any shaded area to sleep through the day.

So there, fairly basic, and not perfect, but it's what I've got.

Lastwolf

:lol: that diagram is epic, why do you need a map at all, Civilisation is equi-distant in all directions! haha.

Fair play with the travelling at night. Being without clothes you'd probably die if you didn't keep moving.

Liam147

On Probation
:lol: that diagram is epic, why do you need a map at all, Civilisation is equi-distant in all directions! haha.

Fair play with the travelling at night. Being without clothes you'd probably die if you didn't keep moving.
Well it's isn't equidistant, otherwise it'd be a circle, it's just to represent what I was saying more clearly. The chances are that I'd be in the middle of the desert, so the direction I went wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Animals with skins big enough to protect humans in the desert? Do you know what a desert is? The only thing that might work would be a coyote, but you would get killed by it. How would a coyote just die without being eaten, directly in your path? You'll be lucky to find a mole.

Liam147

On Probation
Animals with skins big enough to protect humans in the desert? Do you know what a desert is? The only thing that might work would be a coyote, but you would get killed by it. How would a coyote just die without being eaten, directly in your path? You'll be lucky to find a mole.
It wouldn't protect me fully, I never said it would, but something would be better than nothing.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
No, I mean how would you kill it. Moles burrow during the day, so you almost surely won't be able to catch/kill one of those. Even then, they are so small that it would be of no use.

You likely won't even encounter a coyote but if you do, you are far more likely to be killed than to kill.

There is no chance of this working out well for you.

Liam147

On Probation
No, I mean how would you kill it. Moles burrow during the day, so you almost surely won't be able to catch/kill one of those. Even then, they are so small that it would be of no use.

You likely won't even encounter a coyote but if you do, you are far more likely to be killed than to kill.

There is no chance of this working out well for you.
If I walked on through the night, I probably wouldn't need anything. It's incase I decided against nightwalking.

Bebe

Thought the Sahara was given as the example here, there are no coyotes in Africa. In fact I'm pretty sure they're native to the Americas.

Lastwolf

A camel would be big enough to cover you.

But skinning a camel would be tough, with no tools. If it was alive you could just use it to carry you but at that stage, wandering through a desert and finding exactly what you need to survive has got to be a long shot

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Oh my god....It's going to be a close call, they are both that bad.