Confirmed: Moyes sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Jonathan Northcroft has just written a long article about the truth behind Moyes' sacking. Clearly telling Moyes' side of the story but an interesting read nonetheless.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1404236.ece

Football's ugliest sacking: the truth
The Manchester United board continued to re-assure their embattled manager right up until the day the axe fell
Witten by David Moyes.

I laughed at the paragraph where Moyes was defending himself..,

Plugsy

The results of David Moyes's work is a loss of tens of millions. CL money, a bit of league money, the money wasted (In my opinion) on Fellaini and maybe a couple of possible deals he gave up on which might mean now we spend even more on other players in similar positions. It's actually quite horrible.
If you add up wages, severance package, Fellaini, CL income loss, league position income loss, even throw in the Zaha deal into on the basis that we've got about £8.72 out of a £15m asset, that sure as hell adds up

Revan

Assumptionman
And yet he tried to get others

Really, if you believe Moyes is deliberately brainwashing people then you need to have a reality check. I love it how any article which is in favour of Moyes has been treated as false and lies by people in this thread and anything against him has been taken as gospel. I've mentioned before I have no problem with criticising his managerial abilities but some people have taken to insults to a personal level and like I said to another poster, I only went through a few pages but if you go through the entire thread, this list would be endless.

If people enjoy, humiliating and chucking personal insults at someone even after they have been sacked and left the club, then its those people who need to get help. I mean just on the page, there is someone calling him a twat and thats his post, is that necessary ffs?
I didn't wrote that post, but there is nothing insulting on that. Moyes convinced a lot of people at Everton that they can't do better and look at them now.

About Moriarty - a poster who has watched United since the Busby days - calling him twat, well Moyes isn't our manager anymore. We call Gerrard and Terry twats on daily basis, and both of them combined multiplied by Suarez and exponentiated with Carragher haven't done more damage to Manchester United Football Club more that your precious Moyes.

TheGame

I didn't wrote that post, but there is nothing insulting on that. Moyes convinced a lot of people at Everton that they can't do better and look at them now.

About Moriarty - a poster who has watched United since the Busby days - calling him twat, well Moyes isn't our manager anymore. We call Gerrard and Terry twats on daily basis, and both of them combined multiplied by Suarez and exponentiated with Carragher haven't done more damage to Manchester United Football Club more that your precious Moyes.
Why is he my precious Moyes, because I object to stupid pathetic insults of someone. He has came here and struggled with job and has been sacked for it. Comparing him to Suraez and Terry is stupid, has he been racist or slept with someone's wife? I think our opinions differ considerably on this.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It all sounds so strange how could it be possible he didn't know something that everyone else that is involved in football knew that the results were not what was expected to put it mildly.

I think he is being a bit disingenuous when he says he had no idea his job was in a precarious spot, he will have definitely known about that clause you don't sign contracts this big without having your solicitor and/or agent run through it.

But maybe he himself placed so much faith in all the PR stuff United preached about patience and long term, that he thought they would for some reason overlook the results and keep him on anyway.

Its possible they didn't explicitly tell him he had to come in the top 4 but the clause should have been an indication that thats what was expected of him as a minimum otherwise why would they bother with the clause at all.
I'll say this (and with the caveat that we haven't heard a single word from the horse's mouth yet - all we have is a bunch of stories which all read like pure spin from both camps): it is possible indeed that the owners, the board and Moyes himself haven't communicated very well here. If he was indeed under the impression they backed him to the hilt, then something has gone wrong in the communication department. And that doesn't reflect well on either party, really. Moyes isn't an idiot. He can't have been walking around in a dream land of his own making, I just don't believe that.

That said, he will obviously be terribly disappointed regardless - with himself too, I imagine. What he says now - if he has indeed said anything - will be the words of a freshly wounded man.

redevil2

Is he accusing the players playing to lose now?

Moyes and his camp kept complaining about everything! Players, the club, "unreal" fans... So the buck does not stop at him? Why is he getting so many millions of £s of salary all these months and compensation when left and expecting nothing valuable to give back? Where's his moral?

redevil2

Really, if you believe Moyes is deliberately brainwashing people then you need to have a reality check. I love it how any article which is in favour of Moyes has been treated as false and lies by people in this thread and anything against him has been taken as gospel. I've mentioned before I have no problem with criticising his managerial abilities but some people have taken to insults to a personal level and like I said to another poster, I only went through a few pages but if you go through the entire thread, this list would be endless.

If people enjoy, humiliating and chucking personal insults at someone even after they have been sacked and left the club, then its those people who need to get help. I mean just on the page, there is someone calling him a twat and thats his post, is that necessary ffs?
People have different opinions of people and incidents. It's called freedom of speech.

When majority of people do not agree at certain things. Or disagree with someone's opinions etc, they can voice it according to their own perception of this matters commented on.

I truly believe that many fans are not very divided in the sacking and those who were against it, were actually secretly happy the club is allowed to move on with brighter future. But that's only my guess and very subjective opinion! :)

bobbyf

And yet he failed to get any of them. He wasted half the window pointlessly trying to get Fabregas when it was never gonna happen.

And there were reports that deals were in place for Thiago and Strootman last summer, but Moyes dithered and they went elsewhere.

TheGame

And yet he failed to get any of them. He wasted half the window pointlessly trying to get Fabregas when it was never gonna happen.

And there were reports that deals were in place for Thiago and Strootman last summer, but Moyes dithered and they went elsewhere.
Wow, were you involved in the negotiations that you believe these 'reports'?. How about Thiago went as soon as Pep wanted him, that was another 'report' and SAF was interested and monitoring Strootman for ages yet despite our shite midfield failed to put in any sort of bid.

The Fabregas chase proved pointless in the end, but there must have always been some interest from the player/agent whoever for rumours to surface.

TheGame

People have different opinions of people and incidents. It's called freedom of speech.

When majority of people do not agree at certain things. Or disagree with someone's opinions etc, they can voice it according to their own perception of this matters commented on.

I truly believe that many fans are not very divided in the sacking and those who were against it, were actually secretly happy the club is allowed to move on with brighter future. But that's only my guess and very subjective opinion! :)
I have no problem with freedom of speech but my point was every article in Moyes favour is criticised as false and propaganda whereas any article against him is taken as the truth. That is just downright bias, is it not? There is no actual debate.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
This really isn't going anywhere, is it? Let's take a page from the book of Phil and move on. Moyes is gone. Those who wanted it are happy, those who didn't are probably a great deal less heartbroken than they were about a year ago when Fergie retired.

Moyes was a nice bloke who fecked up. He didn't destroy the club. It just didn't work out. That's football, as Phil says.

TheGame

This really isn't going anywhere, is it? Let's take a page from the book of Phil and move on. Moyes is gone. Those who wanted it are happy, those who didn't are probably a great deal less heartbroken than they were about a year ago when Fergie retired.

Moyes was a nice bloke who fecked up. He didn't destroy the club. It just didn't work out. That's football, as Phil says.
Well said.

Plugsy

On the other hand reliving his errors, feck-ups and ineptitude is fun also

roseguy64

Zola is the only one i can remember in recent times that has had the integrity to step down admittin failure on his part. The rest just continue & run the club into the ground so they get a pay-off.
Holloway stepped down at Palace this season as well IIRC allowing Pulis to come in.

Plugsy

Holloway stepped down at Palace this season as well IIRC allowing Pulis to come in.
Yeah but he's always been as useful as a third shoe that guy. The way he used to go off at his presser each week just to get extensive coverage on SSN was cute for a couple of weeks when he first came up with Blackpool then it just made me hate him.

redevil2

I have no problem with freedom of speech but my point was every article in Moyes favour is criticised as false and propaganda whereas any article against him is taken as the truth. That is just downright bias, is it not? There is no actual debate.
Well, whats your stance? If you want an actual debate? (I think in the past months at this forum, there have been a lot of debates and different opinions. You certainly are not the only one out there defending articles in favour of Moyes, are you? OR you think you are the only one? If not, then the forum is for both views. if you see most people viewing those articles against him as more accurate, then it's also their views. No? Why so uptight? Most of the time, if these articles elicit opinions that coincide with our opinion, it is only natural we agree and comment on them accordingly. IT is the same with those articles siding with Moyes. If no one (or very few) agree with its contents, chances are they might be propaganda and untrue. But everyone is entitled to opinions.

Or are you feeling left out being in the minority here? :)

redevil2

Wow, were you involved in the negotiations that you believe these 'reports'?. How about Thiago went as soon as Pep wanted him, that was another 'report' and SAF was interested and monitoring Strootman for ages yet despite our shite midfield failed to put in any sort of bid.

The Fabregas chase proved pointless in the end, but there must have always been some interest from the player/agent whoever for rumours to surface.
Its ridiculous people in a forum start the discussion by saying: Wow are you involved in the negotiations....". This actually goes to show the weakness of what you are about to say. This is a forum, let others have their opinion. We allow yours, just don't use wordings like these to support your viewpoints. It won't work.

stevoc

I'll say this (and with the caveat that we haven't heard a single word from the horse's mouth yet - all we have is a bunch of stories which all read like pure spin from both camps): it is possible indeed that the owners, the board and Moyes himself haven't communicated very well here. If he was indeed under the impression they backed him to the hilt, then something has gone wrong in the communication department. And that doesn't reflect well on either party, really. Moyes isn't an idiot. He can't have been walking around in a dream land of his own making, I just don't believe that.

That said, he will obviously be terribly disappointed regardless - with himself too, I imagine. What he says now - if he has indeed said anything - will be the words of a freshly wounded man.
Yeah mate lack of communication between all parties could explain all this confusion that seems to have occurred, definitely all seems a bit convoluted at this stage. A lot of whats coming out now from both sides is twisted to suit. We will probably have to wait a few years to get a clearer idea of everything that actually went on during this period in the clubs history.

I imagine Moyes will be offered a book deal before long, a few of the retiring players will be having autobiographies coming out. Hopefully after a bit of water is under the bridge and people have had time to reflect a more honest view of events will unfold.

redevil2

Well he did to a certain extent. It will take a while for us to get back to the top, and the actual monetary loss of the club because of our not qualifying in Europe can be calculated in £ but the more abstract loss can be devastating. Loss of sale of shirts for example outside the country, or the fewer potential players to join (because of our lack of Europe presence) and the rise of opponents who can be more competitive from now on as we lost our momentum... the list goes on unfortunately

bobbyf

No, actually, not just a report. According to Guillem Balague (you know, the highly respected Spanish footy journalist), Moyes passed on Thiago last summer cos he didn't think he could do it in our league and Pep came in for him. And Moyes admitted not trying hard to enough to sign Strootman as well.

And the Fabregas chase, or Moyes no. 1 transfer target last summer, was always pointless. Would he leave his boyhood club to play for Moyes and not go to Arsenal instead (who had first option and were looking for a new midfielder like him) if he was really available? While Xavi and Iniesta are coming to the end of their careers and he was their natural successor? Maybe this 'interest' might have had something to do with his agent trying to get a better deal.

TheGame

Well, whats your stance? If you want an actual debate? (I think in the past months at this forum, there have been a lot of debates and different opinions. You certainly are not the only one out there defending articles in favour of Moyes, are you? OR you think you are the only one? If not, then the forum is for both views. if you see most people viewing those articles against him as more accurate, then it's also their views. No? Why so uptight? Most of the time, if these articles elicit opinions that coincide with our opinion, it is only natural we agree and comment on them accordingly. IT is the same with those articles siding with Moyes. If no one (or very few) agree with its contents, chances are they might be propaganda and untrue. But everyone is entitled to opinions.

Or are you feeling left out being in the minority here? :)
Nah, like I mentioned before, I have no problems with constructive critiscism but some people on here have just reverted to unfunny insults. That seems to get to me, perhaps I shouldn't rise to it. I had hoped for Moyes to turn it around and still felt it could happen. I started getting a bit more apprehensive when he started pandering to people like Rooney where it was clear he would not be subbed, played in a different position or dropped which for a top league manager was worrying. I think overall, it was probably the correct decision in the end. We didn't perform like we should have and with that sqaud, we should be top 4 as a minimum. I'm sure if he had the job again, he would perhaps do things differently e.g coaches, players but thats life I guess, learn from your mistakes. I still attach some blame to the players and dont believe they should go unblamed and if the rumours about all the sniggering, leaks and all the other childish stuff is true, I hope those players can be identified and shown the door. That is not the behaviour you expect of players of United.

With regard to the articles, there has been too many to comment and I haven't read them all, (theres one every bloody day!) but its amazing how many people have sources inside the club:)

saivet

Looks like it's just me but I thought that article regarding "Moyes'" side of the story was quite interesting. He came across that he was way to naive/relaxed in assuming that because nothing had been said he was safe. Either way interesting I thought.

TheGame

No, actually, not just a report. According to Guillem Balague (you know, the highly respected Spanish footy journalist), Moyes passed on Thiago last summer cos he didn't think he could do it in our league and Pep came in for him. And Moyes admitted not trying hard to enough to sign Strootman as well.

And the Fabregas chase, or Moyes no. 1 transfer target last summer, was always pointless. Would he leave his boyhood club to play for Moyes and not go to Arsenal instead (who had first option and were looking for a new midfielder like him) if he was really available? While Xavi and Iniesta are coming to the end of their careers and he was their natural successor? Maybe this 'interest' might have had something to do with his agent trying to get a better deal.
Good god, Balague is spouting a new transfer rumour every week, if we believe what he said, then the transfer market would be one eventful place. They are just rumours, you believe them, I don't. I was a big fan of Strootman myself and thought we should have been in for him and Luis Gustavo who both went for reasonable prices.

If Fabregas is their natural successor, why did the majority of fans want him out in a recent poll? It was a failed bid but these kind of things always occur if there is interest shown and conversations have taken place. His agent didn't need to get a better deal, his contract wasn't up for renewal nor was he negotiating a new one. In the end, it all failed but there must have been something to trigger the discussions.

redevil2

Nah, like I mentioned before, I have no problems with constructive critiscism but some people on here have just reverted to unfunny insults. That seems to get to me, perhaps I shouldn't rise to it. I had hoped for Moyes to turn it around and still felt it could happen. I started getting a bit more apprehensive when he started pandering to people like Rooney where it was clear he would not be subbed, played in a different position or dropped which for a top league manager was worrying. I think overall, it was probably the correct decision in the end. We didn't perform like we should have and with that sqaud, we should be top 4 as a minimum. I'm sure if he had the job again, he would perhaps do things differently e.g coaches, players but thats life I guess, learn from your mistakes. I still attach some blame to the players and dont believe they should go unblamed and if the rumours about all the sniggering, leaks and all the other childish stuff is true, I hope those players can be identified and shown the door. That is not the behaviour you expect of players of United.

With regard to the articles, there has been too many to comment and I haven't read them all, (theres one every bloody day!) but its amazing how many people have sources inside the club:)
There is no need to comment on people's insults of Moyes if you do agree on his sacking. Football fans are funny people because we all are very biased and very passionate (and devoted) creatures. Sometimes it is just tongue in cheek and its making the forum so much more fun. (although people like yourself find it too insulting but he's the main culprit we are not up there or thereabout this season.

AS to blaming players... the other school of thoughts is, thank god for their revolt (albeit silently), otherwise we would be still stuck with Moyes and the summer would be very very unbearable knowing we would not be in good hands. But no one is claiming any insider's information here. Even the papers are only to be believed when actual source and names were cited. Smart readers would tell the difference.

TheGame

There is no need to comment on people's insults of Moyes if you do agree on his sacking. Football fans are funny people because we all are very biased and very passionate (and devoted) creatures. Sometimes it is just tongue in cheek and its making the forum so much more fun. (although people like yourself find it too insulting but he's the main culprit we are not up there or thereabout this season.

AS to blaming players... the other school of thoughts is, thank god for their revolt (albeit silently), otherwise we would be still stuck with Moyes and the summer would be very very unbearable knowing we would not be in good hands. But no one is claiming any insider's information here. Even the papers are only to be believed when actual source and names were cited. Smart readers would tell the difference.
I guess, different perceptions and all. I just think the insults and swearing is unnecessary. Anyway nice to have a different school of thought and discussion with reasons behind it :).

redevil2

Looks like it's just me but I thought that article regarding "Moyes'" side of the story was quite interesting. He came across that he was way to naive/relaxed in assuming that because nothing had been said he was safe. Either way interesting I thought.
Thats one thing I don't get. Where is his moral? Anyone (objectively looking at the situation) will be frowning upon what had gone on around the club and if he's an angel, he should have tendered his resignation for ruining our club. But no, he wanted to be warned every step of the way how devastating he had turned our club into. Very naive and stupid

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well he did to a certain extent. It will take a while for us to get back to the top, and the actual monetary loss of the club because of our not qualifying in Europe can be calculated in £ but the more abstract loss can be devastating. Loss of sale of shirts for example outside the country, or the fewer potential players to join (because of our lack of Europe presence) and the rise of opponents who can be more competitive from now on as we lost our momentum... the list goes on unfortunately
None of that amounts to "destruction", though - not even close. It's been a bad season, it happens. It hardly ever did under Fergie, but the rules have changed now. I don't want to turn this into yet another chapter of the post Moyes blame game, but I personally think we would've have suffered some sort of reaction to Fergie stepping down - and this coinciding with Gill stepping down too - regardless of who had taken over. The rest is a matter of degrees - and Moyes was a degree or two beyond what anyone had expected, I think we can agree on that.

It doesn't matter now, though. The important thing is that we learn as much as we can from what has happened this season.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Phil Jones: Man Utd’s players never turned against David Moyes
By Sam Parker

Posted on April 27, 2014

Phil Jones has refuted claims that Manchester United’s players ever stopped working for David Moyes and that they were in fact committed to the Scotman’s vision.

Moyes was dismissed on Tuesday after a disappointing 10 months in charge, withLouis van Gaal now widely expected to be appointed Man United managerin time for next season.

Rumours had persisted that there was a breakdown in relations between playing squad and coaching staff, but Jones has denied that and claims the players share the blame for this season’s underachievement.

Jones told reporters, “That was never the case.

“Players don”t go out on the football pitch to lose games. That is ridiculous.

“Everyone wants to win every game at this club. That accusation is hurtful. It’s not happened for whatever reason, but we need to move on quickly and end the season well.

On behalf of the lads, we thank David Moyes for the work he put in for us all. He is a nice man and we wish him all the best for the future.

“We are sorry he has lost his job and probably we didn’t get some of the results that we would have liked for him, but that’s football.”
Give him captaincy :drool:

bishblaize

re the thiago story, the 'fact' that Moyes let Thiago go rather than being rejected by him was a story put out through the Guardian, but one that if you read the article plainly came from United. It came a few days after the end of the transfer debacle last summer and was aimed at repairing our reputation by making it seem that we were not to blame for what happened with Herrer and co.

From the article.
The issue of Thiago Alcântara also needs clearing up. In his case, it has been portrayed as him snubbing United for Bayern Munich when the truth is actually that Moyes decided he was not entirely comfortable going for the Barcelona player. United had been monitoring him for three years and effectively lined up the transfer but Moyes, as everyone at Everton can testify, likes to have a huge amount of background information on new signings and, having initially gone along with it, decided in the end he did not want to take someone else's word about a player he had seen infrequently. Again, it boils down to a new manager shopping in a new market, with a limited amount of time.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/04/manchester-united-ander-herrera-transfer-farce

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah mate lack of communication between all parties could explain all this confusion that seems to have occurred, definitely all seems a bit convoluted at this stage. A lot of whats coming out now from both sides is twisted to suit. We will probably have to wait a few years to get a clearer idea of everything that actually went on during this period in the clubs history.

I imagine Moyes will be offered a book deal before long, a few of the retiring players will be having autobiographies coming out. Hopefully after a bit of water is under the bridge and people have had time to reflect a more honest view of events will unfold.
Aye - it has certainly been an interesting chapter in the history of United. To me the most crucial part here isn't Moyes. He failed rather miserably at the end of the day - that's one thing. But the people who gave him the job - and then relieved him of his duties - well, it is their reasoning which really interests me. I have tried to interpret their thinking during the course of this season. But I'm not sure at all that my various attempts at this have been successful. I simply don't know what Woodward, say, is thinking. And I'm sorry to say that he isn't a character whom I would willingly trust with anything at the moment. I just hope and pray he knows what the hell he's doing. Which is pretty much what I did regarding Moyes - and look how that turned out.

Ixion

This story will run and run, there are going to be lots more stories that leak out over the coming months about Moyes' time here.

redevil2

None of that amounts to "destruction", though - not even close. It's been a bad season, it happens. It hardly ever did under Fergie, but the rules have changed now. I don't want to turn this into yet another chapter of the post Moyes blame game, but I personally think we would've have suffered some sort of reaction to Fergie stepping down - and this coinciding with Gill stepping down too - regardless of who had taken over. The rest is a matter of degrees - and Moyes was a degree or two beyond what anyone had expected, I think we can agree on that.

It doesn't matter now, though. The important thing is that we learn as much as we can from what has happened this season.
I am hoping it's true the degree of "damage" is just "another season of failure". But you can blame some of us for thinking it may be more than you think. It is partly due to the high bar and standard set by Fergie for more than two decades and it is not a matter of comparing to other clubs, hey it's just a trophy-less season. Or like other trophy-less season we had before because in the past, every time we experienced that, there was always a Fergie to get us back. And no one knows (the fans, the club the players etc know how to carry on without Europe next season (for 19 years we were never out). I therefore can't totally agree with your suggestion that the repercussion is minimal or that it's just a bad season. I hope I am proven wrong and in a way, yesterday's game gave us a very very big boost. We still have our morale intact, thanks to Giggs and some of the Class of 92 and the club's support of them. It can be business as usual in no time I hope.

redevil2

Aye - it has certainly been an interesting chapter in the history of United. To me the most crucial part here isn't Moyes. He failed rather miserably at the end of the day - that's one thing. But the people who gave him the job - and then relieved him of his duties - well, it is their reasoning which really interests me. I have tried to interpret their thinking during the course of this season. But I'm not sure at all that my various attempts at this have been successful. I simply don't know what Woodward, say, is thinking. And I'm sorry to say that he isn't a character whom I would willingly trust with anything at the moment. I just hope and pray he knows what the hell he's doing. Which is pretty much what I did regarding Moyes - and look how that turned out.
I rather think it's the opposite.

I know some people like yourself do not want to blame Moyes totally. But to me, he should be. Fergie is a rare successful manager around and for so long. No one (if you employ a genius to analyse how the hell he could do the job for so long and so well, you will fail) can quite understand how we can be so lucky! it's because he's one of a kind. That said, to expect him to magically appoint/suggest one other person to take over his job and transitioning seamlessly is only wishful thinking.

The way the club dealt with things, I don't know what you were expecting. It is a business that they (owner et al) have to run and every business has certain risk. The most ideal thing is to look for another Fergie (potential Fergie), but we all know it has to be a miracle to do so. So the next best thing is to take advice from the legend. Then you are expecting the legend will know who's the best person to succeed him. He's a magician, but he's not God. So there...

You can criticise the club for not doing this or that, for doing this and that, but at the end of the day, they have decisions to make, and most of them are business decisions. Moyes was compensated generously but he still complained. People wanted to leave (Gill) and the club has no control over it. All I am saying is, sacking Moyes is the best decision, because retaining him for any longer would just be causing more damage, and the club foresaw that.

bobbyf

Good god, Balague is spouting a new transfer rumour every week, if we believe what he said, then the transfer market would be one eventful place. They are just rumours, you believe them, I don't. I was a big fan of Strootman myself and thought we should have been in for him and Luis Gustavo who both went for reasonable prices.

If Fabregas is their natural successor, why did the majority of fans want him out in a recent poll? It was a failed bid but these kind of things always occur if there is interest shown and conversations have taken place. His agent didn't need to get a better deal, his contract wasn't up for renewal nor was he negotiating a new one. In the end, it all failed but there must have been something to trigger the discussions.
No, they're not all rumours. You're just conveniently calling them that in this case to suit your argument. It was also reported in the Guardian as well. Oh, but hang on. That was a rumour too, right? Balague is the go-to man for info in Barcelona especially for a lot of media in the UK. Newspapers, Sky. etc. Where do you get your valuable insight from?

I was talking about why Barca signed Fabregas in 2011, and we were interested in him last summer, not now, so a fans' poll isn't really relevant. Funny that Arsenal were willing to fork out £42m on Ozil but never even showed any interest in him if he really was looking for a move away from Barca. Maybe cos he wasn't. Players don't have to be looking for a move for other clubs to make enquiries. Maybe you believed the rumour that he was.

roseguy64

Not sure how people can argue that we weren't in for at least Thiago when multiple people put out that Moyes didn't want him/was unsure of him. It's been stated everywhere and there are quotes from Phelan as well that deals were in place for Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.