Confirmed: Moyes sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGame

Any criticism of Moyes is hate in your book.

Everything the "haters" said about Moyes was proven to be correct.
Did I say that? there is some great constructive criticism in this thread with some genuine points but that is outshone by the morons and their petty insults. The man is gone, this thread should in the football forum anyway and probably locked.

Amir

I always laugh when Moyes gets credit for targeting the likes of Kroos, Reus and Shaw. As if he has scoured the Earth to uncover said hidden gems.
I love it when some people say he's done well to identify our need for midfielders. Seriously?!

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is just a few, god knows how many are in the thread, you call this discussion?
So out of 146 pages you found only those? So just a a few then? You said "it's one pathetic insult after another, there is no discussion" and it clearly isn't.

Amir

TheGame

So out of 146 pages you found only those? So just a a few then? You said "it's one pathetic insult after another, there is no discussion" and it clearly isn't.
What are you on about? Did you read what I posted above. I said those are just a few, if I read them all, god knows how many they'll be. Do you think I need to read all the pages to justify the point to you???

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Another thing that irks me about that article is Moyes babbling on about no one from the board telling him that results need to improve. It implies that he was coasting, did he not know himself that results needed to improve?! If the Glazer's had expressed dissatisfaction with the results what difference would it have made to his management?
Certainly odd, yeah. It almost sounds as though he interpreted the board not telling him explicitly what everyone and his granny knew, as a form of support. "They haven't told me that we're having a mare of a season, so I guess I have their full backing." Makes little sense.

Another thing is this clause business. His settlement was wrapped up on Friday and it was apparently to the tune of five million. Now, that's in keeping with a top four clause - as people have banged on about for ages. Well, wasn't he aware he there was such a clause in the contract he signed? Given our table position, the ugly results against our rivals AND this clause - surely he couldn't have been crestfallen to be given the boot? I don't get that at all.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Starting to wonder if he does actually have a curse placed upon him.

Moriarty

Yes it has.

Just a message from David Moyes to the "real" fans.

I laughed at this comment:

"Why David!? Why? Why are you so likeable and yet not have the man management skills for us? Why can't you make it easier for us to hate you?"

I don't understand how people found this man to be likable.
The man is a twat.

redevil2

Message from Moyes to Andy Mitten apparently
Got a text from David Moyes last night.
It said: "Andy. Would you please let it be known how much I appreciated the support I got from the real United fans. They were incredible. I am sorry I couldn't give them the results they are used to. Thanks"
Jesus Christ, does he even know what United fans are, and what real United fans mean? He thought United fans only care about results?
Yes it has.

Just a message from David Moyes to the "real" fans.

I laughed at this comment:

"Why David!? Why? Why are you so likeable and yet not have the man management skills for us? Why can't you make it easier for us to hate you?"

I don't understand how people found this man to be likable.
So, there are real fans and and there are fake fans according to him. Is he suggesting there are fans from other clubs pretending to be United fans?LOL

He has shown zero charisma to be honest.. even before he started to break all those United records. His face, his talk and his demeanour. But I might be too harsh. He maybe a good person when he's not managing our club.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Oh do feck off. Fergie took over what would now be Aston Villa, Moyes took over Liverpool of 80'S
The team he took over had issues but you should get your facts right. The team Ferguson took over was a solid top 4 team.

The whole thing between Ferguson and Moyes is completely incomparable anyway.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
The team he took over had issues but you should get your facts right. The team Ferguson took over was a solid top 4 team.

The whole thing between Ferguson and Moyes is completely incomparable anyway.
Team with a drinking culture, no youth set up, team of serial bottlers.
Ok, he took over Spurs. How is that simmilar to Moyes taking over a good side with millions in the bank account and good players lined up??

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
With a drinking culture, no youth set up, team of serial bottlers.
Ok, he took over Spurs. How is that simmilar to Moyes taking over a good side with millions in the bank account and good players lined up??
Do you just insist on spouting shit without reading what other people say.

1) I said the team had issues. What you noted is obviously encompassed in that.
2) I clearly stated the two are incomparable, in plain English, in the very post you quoted.

Go and research before posting fecking nonsense.

Sunny Jim

Do you just insist on spouting shit without reading what other people say.

1) I said the team had issues. What you noted is obviously encompassed in that.
2) I clearly stated the two are incomparable, in plain English, in the very post you quoted.

I got your message. Was reffering to people comparing Moys and Fergies fisrt years at the job,

Go and research before posting fecking nonsense.

Revan

Assumptionman
They all were, do you think 'Ding dong the witch is dead' is discussion?
What about the:

I regret one thing. We should have sacked him on a day Liverpool wins the league. Sacking Moyes would be a bigger news.
This.

Moyes keeps brainwashing people even after being sacked. The guy has a gift. He is in the wrong profession.
to name a few from the posts you quoted?

Or the Hitler video? Where are the insults there.

Geez, if you can't handle people criticizing a man who did more damage to this club than anyone on modern history, then maybe it's better to stay out of it. Because you know, this is the thread when he'll get criticized for the all idiotic things he did and of course that people enjoyed the moment he was sacked cause that means that there is still light on the end of the tunnel he created for us.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Phil Jones: Man Utd’s players never turned against David Moyes
By Sam Parker

Posted on April 27, 2014

Phil Jones has refuted claims that Manchester United’s players ever stopped working for David Moyes and that they were in fact committed to the Scotman’s vision.

Moyes was dismissed on Tuesday after a disappointing 10 months in charge, withLouis van Gaal now widely expected to be appointed Man United managerin time for next season.

Rumours had persisted that there was a breakdown in relations between playing squad and coaching staff, but Jones has denied that and claims the players share the blame for this season’s underachievement.

Jones told reporters, “That was never the case.

“Players don”t go out on the football pitch to lose games. That is ridiculous.

“Everyone wants to win every game at this club. That accusation is hurtful. It’s not happened for whatever reason, but we need to move on quickly and end the season well.

“On behalf of the lads, we thank David Moyes for the work he put in for us all. He is a nice man and we wish him all the best for the future.

“We are sorry he has lost his job and probably we didn’t get some of the results that we would have liked for him, but that’s football.”

Sunny Jim

What about the:

Geez, if you can't handle people criticizing a man who did more damage to this club than anyone on modern history, then maybe it's better to stay out of it. Because you know, this is the thread when he'll get criticized for the all idiotic things he did and of course that people enjoyed the moment he was sacked cause that means that there is still light on the end of the tunnel he created for us.
You posted my post but you missed the point completly.

I was implying that we are bigger club than Liverpool. Sacking Moyes would be a bigger news than Liverpool winning the league.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Moyes in Miami! GTFO!

I love this guy in his old man British Tourist Uniform, arriving at the Miami airport in April dressed in layers. Sweater vest?! Under a wool jacket??? What would Colleen think? Clueless dinosaur tactics my man.

Revan

Assumptionman
You posted my post but you missed the point completly.

I was implying that we are bigger club than Liverpool. Sacking Moyes would be a bigger news than Liverpool winning the league.
I don't think that I missed anything. TheGame quoted those posts as posts that insults Moyes and I just re-quoted some of them just to point out that there was no insult on them.

redevil2

Jonathan Northcroft has just written a long article about the truth behind Moyes' sacking. Clearly telling Moyes' side of the story but an interesting read nonetheless.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1404236.ece

Football's ugliest sacking: the truth
The Manchester United board continued to re-assure their embattled manager right up until the day the axe fell
I just spent my last few minutes reading such rubbish sprouted by one of the less tabloid style newspaper in the country and thought: Was I reading Moyes autobiography?

There are just so many flaws in the article it is impossible to name them all (well nothing in the article was fair comments or constructive criticism of the club at all). While Moyes (and the said author) wanted Moyes to be kept informed of the club's and Fergie's and other directors' thought from the time they had doubt about him, till the day he's sacked, he totally failed to appreciate that Football club is a business. It is not a non profit organisation where volunteers should be advised in advance they are not needed any more so they would not be wasting their volunteered time (or being informed that considerations were in the pipeline to replace the volunteer worker who had not been delivering.)

While he wanted a treatment of a family business or of a non profit organisation, Moyes had a lucrative contract which allowed him to be sacked with millions of £££ pay package. This lucrative handshake is modern creation which Moyes gladly accepted when he prepared himself to be the manager of the biggest football club in the world. But in his tiny brain, he was expecting he's like working at this club who would treat him like a family member whose feeling can't be hurt, whose performance can't be questioned because he would be given time.

He has to be a very nasty man to be thinking a business whose future fortune has been seriously damaged by his failure to qualify in Europe next season, as well as his jeopardising players morale and supporters' faith worldwide. Those impending loss can be calculated in £s whereas this man is lamenting the loss of his dignity of a few hours in front of his friends before he was informed of his sacking. And because he had to fill questions and text messages from friends about some media speculation and reports of his demise. What's his loss compared to the club's loss as a result of his failing?

Not to mention the golden handshake he was receiving despite a result of his failure.

Like someone said on here, the article should be renamed, "excuses excuses excuses". Can he even sleep at night by biting the hands who feed him? The supports by the club, the players, Sir Alex, the "real fans" etc... who week in week out had to endure the agony of seeing failure they were so unused to. And he blamed all of us?!!! Sigh

Last edited:

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Can the media just let him be now. He's gone. Let him start again. He'll get a good job and be ok. If not I'm sure the 7m quid will keep him warm at night. The truth of the matter is everyone in the set up failed; players, coaching staff, manager and so on. As manager he has to take responsibility and thus he got sacked.

TheGame

Yep. And his answer last summer was Fellaini
And yet he tried to get others
What about the:

Really, if you believe Moyes is deliberately brainwashing people then you need to have a reality check. I love it how any article which is in favour of Moyes has been treated as false and lies by people in this thread and anything against him has been taken as gospel. I've mentioned before I have no problem with criticising his managerial abilities but some people have taken to insults to a personal level and like I said to another poster, I only went through a few pages but if you go through the entire thread, this list would be endless.

If people enjoy, humiliating and chucking personal insults at someone even after they have been sacked and left the club, then its those people who need to get help. I mean just on the page, there is someone calling him a twat and thats his post, is that necessary ffs?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
“Players don”t go out on the football pitch to lose games. That is ridiculous.

“Everyone wants to win every game at this club. That accusation is hurtful. It’s not happened for whatever reason, but we need to move on quickly and end the season well.

“On behalf of the lads, we thank David Moyes for the work he put in for us all. He is a nice man and we wish him all the best for the future.

“We are sorry he has lost his job and probably we didn’t get some of the results that we would have liked for him, but that’s football.”
Greatest quote ever?

Move on. Phil Jones says so. That's enough for me.

Dion

Moyes in Miami! GTFO!

I love this guy in his old man British Tourist Uniform, arriving at the Miami airport in April dressed in layers. Sweater vest?! Under a wool jacket??? What would Colleen think? Clueless dinosaur tactics my man.

There's someone wearing THOSE TROUSERS in that picture and you're pointing out Moyes' fashion faux pas'?

Twisted_Woody

Scout
So we're on 60 points; 20 behind the league leaders.

People said Sir Alex was good for 10 points a season. So if he were here we'd be on 70 points then...and had we not gaffed it up against Stoke/Fulham/Everton the list goes on we'd be in the top 3.

Basically SAF's retiring and the dismissal of the old coaching staff cost 20 points which all in all makes sense. That is a huge upheaval.

stevoc

Certainly odd, yeah. It almost sounds as though he interpreted the board not telling him explicitly what everyone and his granny knew, as a form of support. "They haven't told me that we're having a mare of a season, so I guess I have their full backing." Makes little sense.

Another thing is this clause business. His settlement was wrapped up on Friday and it was apparently to the tune of five million. Now, that's in keeping with a top four clause - as people have banged on about for ages. Well, wasn't he aware he there was such a clause in the contract he signed? Given our table position, the ugly results against our rivals AND this clause - surely he couldn't have been crestfallen to be given the boot? I don't get that at all.

It all sounds so strange how could it be possible he didn't know something that everyone else that is involved in football knew that the results were not what was expected to put it mildly.

I think he is being a bit disingenuous when he says he had no idea his job was in a precarious spot, he will have definitely known about that clause you don't sign contracts this big without having your solicitor and/or agent run through it.

But maybe he himself placed so much faith in all the PR stuff United preached about patience and long term, that he thought they would for some reason overlook the results and keep him on anyway.

Its possible they didn't explicitly tell him he had to come in the top 4 but the clause should have been an indication that thats what was expected of him as a minimum otherwise why would they bother with the clause at all.

Amir

The results of David Moyes's work is a loss of tens of millions. CL money, a bit of league money, the money wasted (In my opinion) on Fellaini and maybe a couple of possible deals he gave up on which might mean now we spend even more on other players in similar positions. It's actually quite horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.