Congrats to Chelsea....

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Congratulations to Chelsea not sure they deserved it but I guess they have the trophy. Don't know why we can't mention the bad decisions against us though they ultimatley have been key in deciding the title race if the decisions were correctly made in the games between us the table would look very different.
That's a remarkably bitter approach to take. No one can say with any degree of certainty the spin that events would have take if even a single refereeing decision had been changed.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Fair play to them. 100-odd goals in a season is some achievement, as is Ancelotti winning the league in his first season in England.

Shame seeing that despicable fecker Terry lift the trophy, mind.

chewingkebabs

Congratulations to Chelsea not sure they deserved it but I guess they have the trophy. Don't know why we can't mention the bad decisions against us though they ultimatley have been key in deciding the title race if the decisions were correctly made in the games between us the table would look very different.
Uh oh, the transformation of this place into RAWK is slowly happening...

CantonaVeron

That's a remarkably bitter approach to take. No one can say with any degree of certainty the spin that events would have take if even a single refereeing decision had been changed.
I don't think its bitter they were key games and not just one big decision went against us but four or five, its not what you expect and it cost us. Now Chelsea have played well this season and I congratulate them but the fact is those decision were key to the title race. This board is a little stupid like that sometimes, we can't look too much like RAWK so we won't mention refree's :wenger:

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
I don't think its bitter they were key games and not just one big decision went against us but four or five, its not what you expect and it cost us. Now Chelsea have played well this season and I congratulate them but the fact is those decision were key to the title race. This board is a little stupid like that sometimes, we can't look too much like RAWK so we won't mention refree's :wenger:
Put a fecking sock in it eh, you don't think we've had our fair share of luck over the previous three seasons ourselves? :wenger:

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
It is bitter. Essentially you're saying that the refs should have saved us from our own lack of cutting edge this season - because otherwise you're suggesting that for some reason inexplicably the entirety of the refereeing body has started favouring Chelsea. What decisions specifically do you refer to? (The Drogba offside goal at OT is the obvious one, but then we scored off a handball 10 minutes later)

How you can say you're not sure that a team that's scored a record amount of goals, just tonked their final day opponents 8-0 to win the title, and has beaten us, Arsenal, and Pool away and home this season

CantonaVeron

Put a fecking sock in it eh, you don't think we've had our fair share of luck over the previous three seasons ourselves? :wenger:
In terms of refreeing decisions the answer would be no, I mean even when we won the double a few years back the cup game against Portsmouth Ronaldo was clearly taken out and no pen was given and it cost us a treble. A game against Blackburn we had three clear pens turned down, we have won in spite of the bad decisions.

RapidRed

I don't think they were that great this season. In fact, they were pretty poor for large parts of the season.

Us and Arsenal had way too many slip ups, and they did well to take the chances we gave them, so fair play to them.

But unlike the last time they won it, they were not too much better than the rest of the field.

Title will be well up for grabs come next season.

But yeah, congratulations to them for winning it this season.

RK

It is bitter. Essentially you're saying that the refs should have saved us from our own lack of cutting edge this season - because otherwise you're suggesting that for some reason inexplicably the entirety of the refereeing body has started favouring Chelsea. What decisions specifically do you refer to? (The Drogba offside goal at OT is the obvious one, but then we scored off a handball 10 minutes later)

How you can say you're not sure that a team that's scored a record amount of goals, just tonked their final day opponents 8-0 to win the title, and has beaten us, Arsenal, and Pool away and home this season
Hello Mr Sky Sports!

Nearly everybody on here has criticised some poor United performances this season. Chelsea have been just as poor in several, maybe even many games (especially away from home), but this gets overlooked.

How else do you explain only a 1 point lead if they were smashing everyone left, right and centre?

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
In terms of refreeing decisions the answer would be no, I mean even when we won the double a few years back the cup game against Portsmouth Ronaldo was clearly taken out and no pen was given and it cost us a treble. A game against Blackburn we had three clear pens turned down, we have won in spite of the bad decisions.
Waa Waaa Waaaaaa!!!!!!

:boring:

MarkC

Begrudge it but well done to them. Overall they have deserved it. Will only drive us on though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Congrats and Well done to them. Their record against the Top 4 this season has been quite sensational

CantonaVeron

Alright the goal at Stamford bridge should we talk about the so called foul by Fletcher were he clearly took the ball, or the foul by Terry in the box on Brown or maybe the offside element to that goal, how can a goal stand when clearly even the neutral commentators pointed out those points? Why in the same game is Rooney flagged offside when clearly on, but then at Old Trafford Drogba is a full two yards offside flagged on?

Also this top four thing surely we should be including the spurs games we beat them twice, Arsenal twice, they lost to Spurs why are matches against some mid table bindippers counted?

decorativeed

Congrats to Chelsea. Now moved onto four title wins where they can hold their heads up high - level with Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Hello Mr Sky Sports!

Nearly everybody on here has criticised some poor United performances this season. Chelsea have been just as poor in several, maybe even many games (especially away from home), but this gets overlooked.

How else do you explain only a 1 point lead if they were smashing everyone left, right and centre?
Because we've not been that far behind them this season - they only had two matches against us to exert a direct advantage, but apart from that we've generally kept the pace.

Them having been the best team in the Premier League this season doesn't mean we've been deplorable. I'm just saying that my feeling on the matter is that we don't really have that many grounds to argue that they don't deserve it. Not that we're shit.

SER19

i think his point is that beating us at stamford bridge was quite frankly a sham result (and all else aside Martin Atkinson should not referee our games). this season has seen a shift in the balance of other teams so beating liverpool home and away holds no great merit especially considering liverpool werent there for one of them. They actually lost four times to the teams that finished above liverpool. All in all decisions tend to balance out and the best team wins the league, this season simply hasnt been as clear cut-the decisons that went chelseas way especially since the turn of the year have been genuinely shocking, consistently.

MUFCgal

Just sitting looking across the street at some bastards putting a Chelsea flag up at their window, and they don't even support the fecking club. They are Bristol City supporters who pose as supporters of any club who beat United to the league title. Worst of it, they are family of mine who we no longer talk to and they are clearly on the wind-up towards us.

Suggestions?

redspoony

Just sitting looking across the street at some bastards putting a Chelsea flag up at their window, and they don't even support the fecking club. They are Bristol City supporters who pose as supporters of any club who beat United to the league title. Worst of it, they are family of mine who we no longer talk to and they are clearly on the wind-up towards us.

Suggestions?
Put a shit through their letterbox.

Whether its one of yours is, of course, optional.

Doevle

Ancelotti, are you listening?
You better keep our trophy glistening.
Cause we'll be back in May to take it away
Walking in a Fergie Wonderland

decorativeed

To be fair, imagine if this season had played out exactly as it has done - with the only difference being that Chelsea Vs United was today - the final match of the season. After several disappointing displays, United go into the game with the same number of losses as Chelsea, but having won one more, two points clear at the top. The game plays out just as it did back in November...

You two would be saying the same things as you are now, right?

decorativeed

Suggestions?
Try living in Manchester where every City fan has a wardrobe of European club shirts saved up for every time one of them knock us out of the Champions League. :lol:

Canuckred64

You have to give congratulations to Chelsea in winning the league. Scoring over a 100 goals and beating the other so called big three home and away means they earned it. Although they should have had it wrapped up a lot earlier with the league being so poor this year. Thought United did well to take it to the last day and finish only a point behind with all the injuries and no attempt to replace the best player in the world.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
They won, we bottle it against blackburn, and champions don't bottle things up.

Credit where it's due, we're not the scouse

kietotheworld

Yes, well done Chelsea, fully deserved win, if we'd won it it would have papaered over the cracks in our team.

What we can learn from Chelsea's win, is that it is a good idea not to sell your best players and replace them with inferior ones.

Dowders_Jnr

Fair play to Chelsea, congratulations and well deserved. Whilst I believe under slightly different circumstances (ie having something resembling a full-strength defence through the autumn and winter) it could have ended differently, we can really have no complaints. I believe we've done well and probably exceeded the predictions of many given the loss of Ronaldo and Tevez. Chelsea's greatest quality for me has been their reaction to bad results. In spite of their massive goal-count, Chelsea have been quite Jekyll and Hyde this season and we have had opportunties. That said, they've always had more conviction. One point, two world class players and potential 30 goal a season players gone...for me, it'll only take one serious, serious signing to get us back up there (and a little more luck with defensive fitness). Well done Renties.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
To be fair, imagine if this season had played out exactly as it has done - with the only difference being that Chelsea Vs United was today - the final match of the season. After several disappointing displays, United go into the game with the same number of losses as Chelsea, but having won one more, two points clear at the top. The game plays out just as it did back in November...

You two would be saying the same things as you are now, right?
I can't speak for RedNome but I certainly would be saying the same thing. While there's a general trend in the media of referring to big league matches as a team's 'Cup Final', I'm loathe to really pinpoint any one part of the season where you feel that it was the definitive moment that we were robbed/lost out (as opposed to a cup game, where often you can due to the fact that its just one game).

'If it wasn't for the ref doing x y or z' is the same as 'If only we'd beaten Burnley/Blackburn/Villa' - all these things that work out not in our favour add up. I'd have more sympathy for the 'if it haddernabeen for the ref' point of view if we were having a really high scoring neck and neck high point earning title race with Chelsea, but as it stands there were many occasions this season where the other could have taken a decisive advantage but didn't for whatever reason that I'd have a hard time putting it down to one specific incident.

decorativeed

I'm not saying Chelsea didn't deserve it (per-se) they scored a shed load of goals and played well when it mattered (except for that game back in November). It's just that as much as any of our poor displays, those decisions did cost us the title. If anything, I'd have prefered for them to have tonked us, then I wouldn't have anyone to blame but ourselves!

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
+100 goals and 18 points out of 18 in games between the big four, yet on the end, only one point ahead...

The 18 out of 18 is what I regard as more impressive, and what ultimately makes me think (despite not following the league very closely) they were worthy winners.