Congratulations goes to Sadio Mane

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

So why hasn't he been charged for it?
Because the age of consent in Senegal is 16, however you aren't legally an adult until you are 18. Same as the UK. It's fine if you don't think it's a bit odd for a 29 year old man to 'fall in love' with a 16 year old and groom her until she is 18. Just say that. But to express disgust that other people find it a bit odd is weird.

Frankly just a really really odd hill to die on.

Moby

Dick
Why does he need to be charged for it to be weird behaviour? If you don't think it's odd and you're liable for moral judgement for being an adult and courting a minor then I think that says more about you.
I have no time for any moral judgement in general. But there must be a reason that he has been allowed to carry out this act legally and socially in his demographic, right? Maybe you can start adding more perspectives than one especially when talking about cultures different than your own.

Moby

Dick
Because the age of consent in Senegal is 16, however you aren't legally an adult until you are 18. Same as the UK. It's fine if you don't think it's a bit odd for a 29 year old man to 'fall in love' with a 16 year old and groom her until she is 18. Just say that. But to express disgust that other people find it a bit odd is weird.

Frankly just a really really odd hill to die on.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I have said as in this case there's nothing odd for me, it's acceptable to both of them, and acceptable legally and that's that.

Tarrou

Yeah, this forum sure is genuinely sympathetic towards the girl here. :lol:
I am sure a lot of people have sympathy for young girls from patriarchal/religious societies that get married off to older men

in any particular case (such as this one) it's impossible to know the details and whether or not it's predatory, but in many cases it obviously is

16 year olds usually don't have much life experience or confidence, and can be manipulated into doing something they are not emotionally ready for

Giggsy13

Now to take a peek at the Greenwood thread to see how this will be used to justify his return to the club.

Moby

Dick
Of course you don’t. You reserve your sympathy for dudes who groom children.
Are you actually saying Mane is child grooming? You don't seem to have a clue on this topic. And I say that as a victim of child sexual abuse.

16 year olds usually don't have much life experience or confidence, and can be manipulated into doing something they are not emotionally ready for
The same can be said for 18 or 20 year olds, and it's pretty much your personal perspective on the matter.

macheda14

Yeah, that's pretty much what I have said as in this case there's nothing odd for me, it's acceptable to both of them, and acceptable legally and that's that.
Well then is it acceptable for you? Do you have any 16 year olds you have your eye on?

antk

I have no time for any moral judgement in general.
Are you sure? Because it sure looks like you are moral judging many here for expressing their opinions (which is a legal activity, so clearly you shouldn't have anything to say about it).

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Are you actually saying Mane is child grooming? You don't seem to have a clue on this topic. And I say that as a victim of child sexual abuse.

The same can be said for 18 or 20 year olds, and it's pretty much your personal perspective on the matter.
Why don't we let under 18s enter in credit agreements or gamble?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Are you sure? Because it sure looks like you are moral judging many here for expressing their opinions (which is a legal activity, so clearly you shouldn't have anything to say about it).
Or judging me for disliking flying or thinking crypto is waffle. Judgement is fine then apparently

Neutral like Switzerland

...if Switzerland was in Liverpool
Supports
Orlando Pirates
Ours aren't that fantastic off the pitch
Was thinking the same thing... Can't recall Liverpool players being involved in sex scandals, not saying what Sadio is doing is a scandal... But am pretty sure there has been countless sex crimes by current and ex Utd players... If there were a league then It'd would surely top it no?

Smores

So she was what 8 when he signed for Southampton and people don't think it's dodgy :lol:

This is just celebrity grooming again.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Only if you think you can actually extrapolate the age parameter in any discussion let alone in one like this, which would be fecking mental.

Yeah no what happens in someone else's personal life and is not breaking any laws or isn't impacting you in any way is indeed none of your actual business, by definition.
What about slavery? That used to be legal. Was that ok as long as it was legal?

In fact, using the logic in your second paragraph, you actually can't make a moral argument against it as long as it's legal. It's not breaking any laws and it wouldn't impact you directly, so it should be fine, right?

Tarrou

It isn't my perspective that younger people generally don't have much life experience. It's just a fact of life.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Or judging me for disliking flying or thinking crypto is waffle. Judgement is fine then apparently
Almost as if his moral position is so difficult to defend, that it virtually impossible to argue without creating contradictions.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Yeah, this forum sure is genuinely sympathetic towards the girl here. :lol:
Bit of tongue in cheek humor plus living in a country where one third lives under the poverty level and 75% have chronic poverty, she probably struck a good deal.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
So she was what 8 when he signed for Southampton and people don't think it's dodgy :lol:

This is just celebrity grooming again.
That's completely normal, off course. I wonder how would they react if they had known someone who would date their friends daughters. :angel:

Redlyn

Oh god here we go

The west are snobs for not agreeing to banging a 16 year old kid at 30 years old

In before the lock anyway.
Except none of that has been said, but who care about facts, so nevermind, carry on inventing stuff.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Love these type of threads, starts off with either a weird/strange or funny story, then posters start a serious debate and get worked up about it, always amazes me!

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Imagine a highschool class dinner where everybody brings their boyfriends and girlfriends, and one of the girls brings a 32 y.o. man to that said dinner :lol:

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
How is it rightly frowned upon when she is considered an adult in the country that she is from? The whole world isn't gonna live their lives according the laws of UK or Germany.
You don't think it's weird, that he had his eye on her when she was 16 (sixteen, a child)?

You don't think it's weird that she is 18, and is a "long time" girlfriend? A "long time" presumably meaning she was his girlfriend prior to her turning 18, and thus, a child?

The part about where they are from, or what country they are living in is completely irrelevant btw.

Do you not think any of the above is weird?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
There's some proper grim people on this forum.

Disturbing.

Moby

Dick
It isn't my perspective that younger people generally don't have much life experience. It's just a fact of life.
Yeah but that's true for multiple ages yet people aged 18/20 etc get married, have kids everywhere in the world including places like UK. If you disagree with allowing young people getting into these arrangements that's a different thing. But it's a part of our society like anything else.

You don't think it's weird, that he had his eye on her when she was 16 (sixteen, a child)?

You don't think it's weird that she is 18, and is a "long time" girlfriend? A "long time" presumably meaning she was his girlfriend prior to her turning 18, and thus, a child?

The part about where they are from, or what country they are living in is completely irrelevant btw.

Do you not think any of the above is weird?

A simple yes or no will suffice.
As I said earlier, no to both your questions in this case. This isn't a general viewpoint and shouldn't be one either.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Love these type of threads, starts off with either a weird/strange or funny story, then posters start a serious debate and get worked up about it, always amazes me!
Always good for updating the ignore list as well.

Moby

Dick
There is a difference between disagreement and moral judgement.

Maybe I need to add a l o l to make it clear it was a joke which I though was pretty obvious. Have you seen me in any crypto discussions at all whatsoever? :lol:

Abizzz

Imagine a highschool class dinner where everybody brings their boyfriends and girlfriends, and one of the girls brings a 32 y.o. man to that said dinner :lol:
One of my highschool classmates was dating the center of our city's professional basketball team at the time (she may have been 18, he was certainly way past 30, I can't remember exact numbers).

We all thought it was creepy as hell.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Yeah but that's true for multiple ages yet people aged 18/20 etc get married, have kids everywhere in the world including places like UK. If you disagree with allowing young people getting into these arrangements that's a different thing. But it's a part of our society like anything else.

As I said earlier, no to both your questions in this case. This isn't a general viewpoint and shouldn't be one either.
Love to the family mate

Status
Not open for further replies.