Conor Gallagher | Everton make 40m + 5m bid?

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
What would be your best Xl and formation when Eze is fit again?

Because you've played a 433 every game this season with Gallagher forming a part of the midfield 3 alongside two more defensive minded midfielders. Is this the position you see Eze slotting into? I'd always imagined he'd be part of the front 3, potentially in the place of Ayew?

Guaita
Ward Andersen Guehi Michell
Gallagher Kouyate McArthur
Eze Edouard Zaha

Something along those lines? Or do you think Ayew stays put, but one of Kouyate and McArtur drops out of the team meaning Gallagher then has to, as you say, slot into a more disciplined role?
Makes a change to have options to be fair, I’m not used to it :D

Olise has been signed to play on the right so I am thinking it might be McArthur and Gallagher the two more disciplined midfielders with Eze, Olise, Zaha and Edouard forming the attack. Plenty of competition for those midfield spots though with Kouyate, Milivojevic, Will Hughes and Jairo Reidewald all in the mix too depending on the oppo.

I was expecting Gallagher to be decent but he’s started the season like a freight train, don’t get me wrong though it’s a nice problem to have. I just don’t see us being able to hang on to Conor so for me we need to prioritise the development of Eze and Olise. But definitely a tough call and we’ll probably see numerous variations as the season goes on.

Last edited:

poleglass red

with a name like that, must have some Irish in him, we should cap him asap,;)
never seen him play, but times are tough

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Makes a change to have options to be fair, I’m not used to it :D

Olise has been signed to play on the right so I am thinking it might be McArthur and Gallagher the two more disciplined midfielders with Eze, Olise, Zaha and Edouard forming the attack. Plenty of competition for those midfield spots though with Kouyate, Milivojevic, Will Hughes and Jairo Reidewald all in the mix too depending on the oppo.

I was expecting Gallagher to be decent but he’s started the season like a freight train, don’t get me wrong though it’s a nice problem to have. I just don’t see us being able to hang on to Conor so for me we need to prioritise the development of Eze and Olise. But definitely a tough call and we’ll probably see numerous variations as the season goes on.
It's definitely intriguing to see how Vieira balances the squad. You have one of the most interesting teams in the league this season.

Do you think Palace could get away with having two attack minded midfielders anchored by one DM? It seems maybe a bit too brave, but it also seems like a waste of Gallagher's talent to have him sitting deeper. Vieira has an interesting dilemma for sure. It would be great to see Eze or Olise and Gallagher both playing their usual roles anchored by Kouyate or McArthur for one game, but maybe it's a little too gung-ho.

I understand what you mean by prioritising your own players over loan players. It's the nature of the game. Gallagher can still do a great job in a more disciplined role, and if that's where Vieira ends up putting him, I can imagine Chelsea would looking at that in utter frustration :D

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think Eze will drop into midfield and Olise will play on the wing, that’s what I’ve heard from some other CP fans.
Very good team Palace have on their hands. Vieira has a tough job putting all the pieces together into a coherent unit. It looks promising so far.

Mickson

I think he is a decent player but not for Chelsea. He will probably be sold to Aston Villa for £30m and that's about his level IMO.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
No it’s what I’ve heard :lol:

I would play Eze on the wings if I had my way.
Maybe on the left but I think he’d be wasted on the right tbh. Wilf goes to the AFCON in January I think so you might see Eze play left then. We tried to sign Jeremie Boga in the summer who’s a winger so I am guessing the club see Eze as a central player too.

Not convinced we’re good enough to start with one DM but could definitely see it happening when we’re chasing a game. Again, nice to have options!

MadMike

Was unreal for Charlton, best player on the pitch by miles in every single game. He’s guaranteed to be an England international.
Well, most games, but I concur he was great for us! He will definitely make it big. I think he could be as good, if not better, than Mount.

crazynaiman

Supports
Chelsea
I believe that Tuchel will keep him in the first team next season if Conor continues to shine. He can replace Saul. Also he may rotate with attacking midfielders. Averall, he is a very versatile player, who can play everywhere in the midfield. Yes, don't forget about Gilmour. I think he also will be in the squad after arriving. You may think that 5 CMs is too much for two places in the squad. But Kante and Jorginho are +30. Moreover, N'golo is injury prone.

Gallagher absolutely can be a new Mount for Chelsea. He should at least get a chance to play under Tuchel and then we will see.

::sonny::

I believe that Tuchel will keep him in the first team next season if Conor continues to shine. He can replace Saul. Also he may rotate with attacking midfielders. Averall, he is a very versatile player, who can play everywhere in the midfield. Yes, don't forget about Gilmour. I think he also will be in the squad after arriving. You may think that 5 CMs is too much for two places in the squad. But Kante and Jorginho are +30. Moreover, N'golo is injury prone.

Gallagher absolutely can be a new Mount for Chelsea. He should at least get a chance to play under Tuchel and then we will see.
What a team Chelsea have in midfield, incredible quantity and quality

MUFC OK

Seems like he had a great game again. The sort of energy we could use in our midfield - proven himself as a PL player. Fair play to Chelsea having the likes of him and Gilmour out getting mins in the league - definitely ones for the future.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Still not convinced he fits anywhere in Tuchel’s system though, he’s still got a long way to go technically. 3 year loan should do it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Still not convinced he fits anywhere in Tuchel’s system though, he’s still got a long way to go technically. 3 year loan should do it.
Nice try pal.

I could see him maybe accepting another loan but after that, we'd have to either play him or sell him.

RooneyLegend

Not seen anything from him that tells me there's a world class player in there but will keep watching.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I think he's been great for Palace so far and I hope he continues to develop. He had an okay game tonight but he's had better and will have better.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I see him a bit like an Everton level player than Chelsea but Tuchel is using some players I didn't expect

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Not seen anything from him that tells me there's a world class player in there but will keep watching.
How many young players look World class before their mid 20’s? It’s a small %. Besidesno one is saying he will be World class.

People enjoy his committed style of play, more so than the modern languid style. He is very much a player of 20 years ago. His growth over the last few years has been fantastic and I hope it continues for him personally, even if he doesn’t make the cut at Chelsea.

Smacky The Frog

Decent player but there's nothing that stands out about him beyond his work rate and hair. Now if you'd combine his running with Gilmour's technical ability you'd have a proper midfielder but sadly you cannot genetically fuse two different footballers into one in this day and age of political correctness. Back in my day, well, back in my day you could marry a horse. Not so much anymore.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Very good finish today. He's an absolute pleasure to watch. Can't wait to have him back next season.
Still not sure where he would play in our current formation?.
We would have to go to a 3 in midfield for him to get game time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Still not sure where he would play in our current formation?.
We would have to go to a 3 in midfield for him to get game time.
He could fit in well in the Mount role. He could also play a bit deeper in the Kovacic/RLC role. His all round game is really impressive.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If RLC and Barkley can be brought back into the team under Tuchel and look class I don’t see why Gallagher can’t.

Could take Saul’s squad place when he is sent back to Atleti.

Nick7

If RLC and Barkley can be brought back into the team under Tuchel and look class I don’t see why Gallagher can’t.

Has Saul been poor?

paulscholes18

Really like him, reminds me of Ander Herrera a very good all-round midfielder doesn't mind doing the dirty work but also has the quality on the ball to get the odd goal or assist

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Very good finish today. He's an absolute pleasure to watch. Can't wait to have him back next season.
The worst thing you can do for his development is take him back next season tbh, RLC was in the England squad when he left us and hasn’t kicked on at all. He needs to play for a season or two more, week in week out, but the sky’s the limit for him.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

He could fit in well in the Mount role. He could also play a bit deeper in the Kovacic/RLC role. His all round game is really impressive.
Playing deeper is his best position but he's up agains't Kovacic, Kante, Jorginho and RLC, will be hard for him to get game time.
His best attributes are his en enrgy and workrate, pressing, tackling, and coming from deep to get a goal. Not sure playing him as a number 10 for us, in tight spaces vs compact defences would do us any good.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The worst thing you can do for his development is take him back next season tbh, RLC was in the England squad when he left us and hasn’t kicked on at all. He needs to play for a season or two more, week in week out, but the sky’s the limit for him.
RLC definitely kicked on from the Palace loan. The form he showed under Sarri was the best in his entire career. You can't legislate for the kind of injury he suffered that sidelined him for 14 months.

Sylar

He's been really good nearly every palace game I've seen. It seems to have helped Zaha too as they aren't reliant on one player

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's the box-to-box midfielder that England have been craving for years.