Conte | Spurs Manager

Righteous Steps

Conte with Newcastle [provided theyll open the purse more] is a solid option. Same with PSG, if he went there, he'd probably win them the CL tbh
No he won’t stop overrating him and I doubt Newcastle or their fans want to see their team playing that negative brand of football after what they’ve been served up in the last 6 months under Howe.

Shai-Hulud

I'm so glad we have EtH and not this waffling weirdo. The right manager makes all the difference.

CM

So many people here wanted Conte. Short term-ism at its best.

I never wanted him near United, he's toxic and his football is outdated.

Where is @balaks ?
Historically I've never wanted Conte anywhere near us either but I think last season tested the patience of many. It wasn't a typical season. Not only were we losing most weeks and getting pumped by our rivals, we were also conceding 4 against teams like Watford, Leicester and Brighton!

In a situation like that I think it's natural for desperation to take hold. Thankfully we've now got a manager who is a lot more compatible with United.

Andy_Cole

Historically I've never wanted Conte anywhere near us either but I think last season tested the patience of many. It wasn't a typical season. Not only were we losing most weeks and getting pumped by our rivals, we were also conceding 4 against teams like Watford, Leicester and Brighton!

In a situation like that I think it's natural for desperation to take hold. Thankfully we've now got a manager who is a lot more compatible with United.
Yes I was in that boat for sure. But I also thought the choice was Conte immediately or wait for Poch in the summer. Hag was my first choice but didn’t think we were considering.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Imagine some people wanted him.

Short term at its finest.

He won't last another 12 months at Spurs

Mike Smalling

This summer Son will be 31 and Kane 30. When they eventually decline (or if they leave before that), will that be the end of Spurs as a regular challenger for top four? The likelihood that they will get two genuinely world class forwards to replace them is extremely small, and at the same time we have Newcastle and hopefully Man Utd establishing themselves at a consistently higher level.

I could see Spurs going back to midtable within the next three years. Conte will be gone before that though.

Valencia Shin Crosses

This summer Son will be 31 and Kane 30. When they eventually decline (or if they leave before that), will that be the end of Spurs as a regular challenger for top four? The likelihood that they will get two genuinely world class forwards to replace them is extremely small, and at the same time we have Newcastle and hopefully Man Utd establishing themselves at a consistently higher level.

I could see Spurs going back to midtable within the next three years. Conte will be gone before that though.
If they are smart they try and ship both out this summer for huge fees and reinvest into quality young players.

Mike Smalling

If they are smart they try and ship both out this summer for huge fees and reinvest into quality young players.
I don't disagree, but I'm not sure there are huge fees waiting for those two in the summer. The huge fees would have been there a year ago or maybe this past summer. Any well-run club would avoid spending large sums on players that are past their prime.

Dan_F

Apart from two free transfers, one being the most Conte signing ever in Perisic, the other being a bench keeper, every signing they’ve made has been over 10 million. Only three Premier League clubs spent more than them in the summer. Conte is insufferable and I can’t even express how glad I am that we didn’t go for him.

Can journalists not push back on this when he chats utter shit.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Any club would be crazy to shell out big money for Son. His best before date has expired ?
Kane is a different story !!
He was never speedy and has lost a step this season but still can get 20 goals a season. How much longer does he have & how much is he worth ?? I don't know. !! Would anyone pay 80 plus for him. ?? Again I don't know..

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Any club would be crazy to shell out big money for Son. His best before date has expired ?
Kane is a different story !!
He was never speedy and has lost a step this season but still can get 20 goals a season. How much longer does he have & how much is he worth ?? I don't know. !! Would anyone pay 80 plus for him. ?? Again I don't know..
At today's prices 80 might not be a bad deal, 20 goals a season at United put's us in the title race every time, he's probably got 3-4 years left in him and he is exactly the type of striker we need

Pearl.Jam

Haven’t gone to bed yet and I’m already having nightmares about us going for this lunatic instead of ETH

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I have huge respect for Antonio Conte as a football manager. But his “little gun” comment is homophobic. And it is also against the LGBTQ community as well as body shaming stemming from patriarchy. It's surprising that people are celebrating his comment.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
He wants backing in the transfer market but wont commit to the club. Guy is toxic. Spurs need a manager who actually wants to be at the club.

He acts like he is too good for them and him being their manager is him doing them a favor. Even though he has Spurs at a lower level than what Poch had them.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He wants backing in the transfer market but wont commit to the club. Guy is toxic. Spurs need a manager who actually wants to be at the club.

He acts like he is too good for them and him being their manager is him doing them a favor. Even though he has Spurs at a lower level than what Poch had them.
He is too good for them and they knew what they were getting when they signed him. Spurs need a manager that they're going to back 100%.

United are all in with ten Hag and we've seen the difference/effect in 6 months.

The Purley King

Spurs will be mid table if not this season then the next.
Decidedly average squad bar 2 ageing players and only kulusevski (spelling?) and bentancur look remotely up to the task from the rest of them.
Don’t know what has happened to bissouma either, looks half the player he was at Brighton.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
For what they had already Bissouma was a very odd signing bar adding some depth.

Why didn't they make more of an attempt to get Eriksen back on a free? He proved himself back in the premier league and was already in London and settled and had also proved himself under Conte (eventually) at Inter.

That's the sort of player with guile they're badly missing given how anonymous Bryan Gil was today. Him signing for Man. United will be a difference maker for top 4.

Mr. Robot

Imagine some people wanted him.

Short term at its finest.

He won't last another 12 months at Spurs
He won’t last another 6 months, let alone a year. He’s done and just waiting to get his pay off.

Football manager contracts are so stupid:

“You’re doing a terrible job, we are sacking you - here is a few million quid.”

TheReligion

Abusive
For what they had already Bissouma was a very odd signing bar adding some depth.

Why didn't they make more of an attempt to get Eriksen back on a free? He proved himself back in the premier league and was already in London and settled and had also proved himself under Conte (eventually) at Inter.

That's the sort of player with guile they're badly missing given how anonymous Bryan Gil was today. Him signing for Man. United will be a difference maker for top 4.
When United come in for Eriksen no one else had a chance

darioterios

Never have I breathed a bigger sigh of relief when this move did not happen. Almost everyone can see from 100 miles away how this appointment could have been a complete trainwreck.

SAFMUTD

They have got way better results than their football suggests. I can see them going down the table really fast in this second half of the season.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Spurs will be mid table if not this season then the next.
Decidedly average squad bar 2 ageing players and only kulusevski (spelling?) and bentancur look remotely up to the task from the rest of them.
Don’t know what has happened to bissouma either, looks half the player he was at Brighton.
Did they officially sign him or is he still on loan ? He'd be smart to keep his options open, especially since he's a fan of another North London club who could use another RW :drool:

BorisManUtd

Just realised Conte still hasn't extended his contract with Spurs and current one expires in 6 months. With recent results and upcoming fixtures (Palace away, Arsenal at home, City away, Fulham away, City at home) they could be in big trouble and I think Conte will, at best, be at Spurs until the end of the season. Perfect outcome for Levy as he won't have to sack him and pay him for it.

Bwuk

Next 5 games in the league; Palace, Arsenal, City, Fulham, City.

He doesn’t survive that imo.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Conte with Newcastle [provided theyll open the purse more] is a solid option. Same with PSG, if he went there, he'd probably win them the CL tbh
Why would Newcastle fire Howe and take Conte ? If Howe gets CL, he is staying. If they don't, it would be the same story again .

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Why would Newcastle fire Howe and take Conte ? If Howe gets CL, he is staying. If they don't, it would be the same story again .
Not saying they will, just that a club with their resources ready to open the wallet is what Conte needs. Conte wants signings and signings, and big money spent every window.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He moans about transfers all the fecking time