Conte | Spurs Manager

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It is pretty amazing that we could get Conte. If we manage to get this over the line I'll be very impressed and happy.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone questioning why he would go to Spurs needs to remember his rampant Chelsea team.

Alonso, Moses, Cahill, David Luíz and Pedro were all starters in that team that won the league at a canter. Matic, for all his ability, was used as a box to box midfielder. But Conte is a winner and he made it work.

Son/Kane could well be his Hazard/Costa. Reguillon is a better player than Alonso. Ndombele is tremendously gifted and he has decent squad options.

If he came in and signed a right wingback, quality CB and an engine in midfield, he would easily have this Spurs team in the top 4. He is a quality coach.
Alonso was an extremely good wing back, far better than he is given credit for, he wasn’t that great a defender but his height and positional sense particularly when he was overlapping Hazard created havoc at times.

Dave in a three with Luiz and Cahill was a decent combination and when Luiz stepped into midfield he had a decent range of passes in his loc but all the while you had Kante and that in one is something Spurs are no where near close to having in terms of like for like

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
It is pretty amazing that we could get Conte. If we manage to get this over the line I'll be very impressed and happy.
Yeah, I think if you can get him in you have a very good chance of getting top 4. For all his faults he is on par with Pep in getting league results.

Be interesting to see who he targets in the transfer market as I suspect he will go 343 351 with you. From the outside looking in I see this as your team:

Lloris
Sanchez Alderweireld Rodon
Aurier Ndombele Hojberg Regulion
Son Kane Moura

I would say he may target a CB, CM and and LWF (or whoever is opposite to Son.) Key will be keeping Kane as otherwise I see him wanting Lukaku.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Yeah, I think if you can get him in you have a very good chance of getting top 4. For all his faults he is on par with Pep in getting league results.
Still think Spurs need a bit of a squad rebuild, even with Conte who is a great manager.

Be interesting to see who he targets in the transfer market as I suspect he will go 343 351 with you. From the outside looking in I see this as your team:

Lloris
Sanchez Alderweireld Rodon
Aurier Ndombele Hojberg Regulion
Son Kane Moura

I would say he may target a CB, CM and and LWF (or whoever is opposite to Son.) Key will be keeping Kane as otherwise I see him wanting Lukaku.
Doesnt Conte usually play with only 2 up top(3-5-2)? His width coming from wing backs not wingers so to speak? So more a case of Hojbjerg sitting at the base of the midfield five and in front of him the two CM's(Ndombele and Alli or Lo Celso) alongside the wingbacks of Reguillon and Doherty. With Kane and Son up top, if Kane stays put of course.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Doesnt Conte usually play with only 2 up top(3-5-2)? His width coming from wing backs not wingers so to speak? So more a case of Hojbjerg sitting at the base of the midfield five and in front of him the two CM's(Ndombele and Alli or Lo Celso) alongside the wingbacks of Reguillon and Doherty. With Kane and Son up top, if Kane stays put of course.
Thats what I envisage though he may opt for winks in the midfield if he feels the back three require a bit more protection (and unless they get some decent reinforcements there I think they would) ... that said I think if the right offer comes in for Kane levy wont hesitate to accept it

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He can stay with Spurs for 1-2 years. Most likely until then we will have sorted our current holes by buying a couple of very good and youngish players. No major transfers needed by then. He can then come to us to win the league. We just can’t allow Conte to bring expensive pensioners to the club. After 2 seasons he then leaves us and we will still have a relatively young squad. That’s Conte’s next 3-4 years sorted. :D

krentz

He's a world class coach but he could only work under one particular circumstance. He's also prone into explosive and abrupt decision if he feels the board had failed to back him up in the slightest. TBH i dont know what game Levy playing is? He sacked their best PL manager Pochettino then hire a past it manager Mourinho and then he went on to sack Mourinho just few days before the final. I think he's gone bonker and believe the hype of best CEO in PL is getting into his head, so yeah good luck trying to control abrassive man like Antonio Conte :wenger: .Ooh to some giddy spurs fan i must remind them that PL is so filthy rich nowadays that even club like Everton could hire Ancelotti.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Alonso was an extremely good wing back, far better than he is given credit for, he wasn’t that great a defender but his height and positional sense particularly when he was overlapping Hazard created havoc at times.

Dave in a three with Luiz and Cahill was a decent combination and when Luiz stepped into midfield he had a decent range of passes in his loc but all the while you had Kante and that in one is something Spurs are no where near close to having in terms of like for like
Again, not like for like. Alonso was good going forward, but Reguillon is a better player. Spurs have some talent in the team with him, Ndombele, Kane, Son and I can imagine Doherty doing far better in that role too.

It was a good Chelsea team, but it wasn’t a great one. If you take Hazard, Costa and Kante out of it, it’s just OK. And again, he won the title with that team instantly.

His mandate at Spurs wouldn’t be the title.

If his team at Spurs was…

Lloris
Sanchez
Top CB
Dier
Doherty
Top CM
Ndombele
Reguillon
Bale
Kane
Son

I am just saying that I would fancy him to challenge for top 4 instantly. He is a great coach and the more he is allowed to add, the more dangerous he will make Spurs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not really surprised
Indeed, seems like a massive waste of time the two parties even talking tbh. Conte is even more demanding and combustible than Mourinho and Spurs are a club who are just happy to be at the table they're not interested in actually ordering anything

Kearnkoff69

Spurs fans thinkin its done dealio :lol:
So I've got a fanatical Spurs supporting mate. According to their sources, this is a done dealio (along with Paratici) and they want to announce them together, but Paratici wants this weekend to be Juve-focused given his goodbye today - therefore we should expect an announcement on Monday. It's wild enough that I believe it could be true, but we'll see.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Conte and Paratici would be quite some coup for Spurs. Top 4 race will be proper crowded next season.
spurs wont make top 4. Simply because they wont have the funding for Conte, like the other clubs will for their respective managers.

I'll bet soon youll read something about Conte being concerned regarding amount of money available to buy players. He's transfer fecking mad hahah

mu4c_20le

spurs wont make top 4. Simply because they wont have the funding for Conte, like the other clubs will for their respective managers.

I'll bet soon youll read something about Conte being concerned regarding amount of money available to buy players. He's transfer fecking mad hahah
Unless they sell Kane.

TheReligion

Abusive
So I've got a fanatical Spurs supporting mate. According to their sources, this is a done dealio (along with Paratici) and they want to announce them together, but Paratici wants this weekend to be Juve-focused given his goodbye today - therefore we should expect an announcement on Monday. It's wild enough that I believe it could be true, but we'll see.
Partici is done

Kearnkoff69

Partici is done
Yes, which is what has Spurs fans believing the above rumor is true (a double announcement of Paratici and Conte on Monday). Relatedly, Paratici feels like the bigger get than Conte, given his projected longevity and ability to put a stamp on the club - as opposed to Conte who may only be there two years (if he signs).

CM

It's a strange world these days when spurs sack Jose Mourinho to hire Antonio Conte, whilst clubs like Arsenal and Manchester United persist with ex-players like Solskjaer and Arteta.

Can't see him win more than a lesser cup there but will be interesting to see which teams he can push past in the league. This team was in need of rebuilding when they hired mourinho, who was clearly not the right choice for that, and only moreso now that Kane is going.

Maybe he can be convinced to stay on account of Kane basically being the most ideal Conte forward ever, but either way it will be interesting to see how he will approach such a rebuild and how much freedom he will get to do so.
Yes, it's strange that a team in midtable sacks their manager whilst the team in 2nd 'persists' with theirs.

Conte would be making a bit of mistake going to Spurs though. His stock is high at the moment, a better job is bound to come along if he's patient enough.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There was similar excitement around Mourinho joining as a proven winner and a sure sign of silverware. Meanwhile the squad isn't good enough, regardless of who the manager is
If you arent excited by a new manager, I really dunno why you would bother watching the sport.

Gandalf

No chance Paratici is coming without Conte, IMO.
They haven't worked together for years so I really don't see why Paratici is suddenly wedded to Conte. If Spurs think he is the right guy to be DOF then it should not matter who the manager is. If they are appointing Paratici just as a way to lure Conte then more fool them.