Conte | Spurs Manager

tomaldinho1

Had to look up what acquiescence meant, but that reads to me that the board didn't want someone who would challenge them, which is basically what everyone has said on the caf. They want a yes man
Yep, it essentially means submissive/accepting. Highly probably that's a bit of clickbait there to enrage fans though, no way that wording would have come from anyone at the club.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's crazy. Two pretty good, but semi-serial bottlers are favourites for the Manchester United job.
In many ways if Spurs can't break their duck even with Conte that will probably boost Pochettino's reputation as it will look more likely it was a club problem rather than him.

ForeverRed1

Well atleast it stops the rumours and hear say. He’s not coming here, he’s not in our plans..

let’s get on with it.

Highfather_24

Conte's Tottenham will overtake Ole's United in the table, and have them playing better football. That's the worry, not him winning a title, because we are already out of the title race.

Conte at United could have won us the league or atleast challenged it this season. Yet we chose Ole. When we feck it up in the league or CL this season, it will be because the board prioritised having a yes man rather than a winner.

Lets see what happens tonight. Wonder how the club will react if we lose tonight, seems like we are tempting fate tbh.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yep, it essentially means submissive/accepting. Highly probably that's a bit of clickbait there to enrage fans though, no way that wording would have come from anyone at the club.
Under your ownership you need to find a yes man that just happens to be a world class manager.

Ten years ago there was an obvious one (Ancelotti) but not sure there's any around now.

leontas

Shambolic from our board - too cowardly to make a decision and bring someone who isn't a yes man.

Let's see how this plays out but have a feeling he'll get Spurs into the top 4 this season.

BerryBerryShrew

Under your ownership you need to find a yes man that just happens to be a world class manager.

Ten years ago there was an obvious one (Ancelotti) but not sure there's any around now.
Klopp has kept fairly quiet despite the lack of investment from FSG. But in terms of available ones, it's hard to say.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not for me, the other three have all won the champions league, the last two times Conte won the league were his teams even in Europe?
:lol: Ok mate - have you seen his record? He is undoubtedly one of the top coaches in world football mate. Just because he is now with Spurs doesn't mean you can downplay his achievements.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Conte's Tottenham will overtake Ole's United in the table, and have them playing better football. That's the worry, not him winning a title, because we are already out of the title race.

Conte at United could have won us the league or atleast challenged it this season. Yet we chose Ole. When we feck it up in the league or CL this season, it will be because the board prioritised having a yes man rather than a winner.
Give me the lottery numbers while you are at it.

matsdf

Not for me, the other three have all won the champions league, the last two times Conte won the league were his teams even in Europe?
Chelsea had no European competition which helped tremendously, and Inter got 4th in their CL group last year. So no European competition from December and onwards there neither.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can’t wait the ultimate 352 match between Ole Man Utd and Conte Spurs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not pissed that we didn't get him, more that they got him. Wish they persistent with Nuno, as I think Conte will make them decent again.
I'm the opposite, I think he and Spurs are a poor match and I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone by next summer. An 18 month contract says it all. Whereas he would've been absolutely perfect for us and this squad.

Highfather_24

Give me the lottery numbers while you are at it.
Nothing I said is a wild prediction. Its obvious we are going to struggle for top 4, and its very possible Tottenham beat us to it. Also do you honestly see Ole winning the CL? Or do you disagree that Conte could have done much better than Ole with this squad?

It is what it is at this point. Looking forward to 5/6th place finish and crashing out of Europe soon I guess. Mentally preparing myself to have Brendan Rodgers in charge soon.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: Ok mate - have you seen his record? He is undoubtedly one of the top coaches in world football mate. Just because he is now with Spurs doesn't mean you can downplay his achievements.
He has a lot to prove in Europe (for context Lampard has got past the group stage as many times as him) but yes a fully motivated Conte is excellent domestically.

Fully motivated are the key words though, Levy will have to follow through on every promise and then some.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Think people are going a bit overboard with your worrying about them pipping you to top 4. Conte will undoubtedly improve them dramatically in terms of confidence and playing style. But they still have players like Skipp, Lo Celso, a very limited player in Hoibjerg, and lazy ass N’Dombele in midfield. They are also quite weak at both fullback positions. They still have Eric Dier at CB.

This isn’t some incredible squad he’s taking over that are world class coach away from being contenders like we were when Tuchel came in.

Plus, Harry Kane has been embarrassingly poor this season. Will he be able to instantly flip a switch back to becoming world class overnight? Their entire rest of the season hinges on that happening.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He has a lot to prove in Europe (for context Lampard has got past the group stage as many times as him) but yes a fully motivated Conte is excellent domestically.

Fully motivated are the key words though, Levy will have to follow through on every promise and then some.
If all he does is bring success to the club domestically I'll be over the fecking moon.

Dobba

Think people are going a bit overboard with your worrying about them pipping you to top 4. Conte will undoubtedly improve them dramatically in terms of confidence and playing style. But they still have players like Skipp, Lo Celso, a very limited player in Hoibjerg, and lazy ass N’Dombele in midfield. They are also quite weak at both fullback positions. They still have Eric Dier at CB.

This isn’t some incredible squad he’s taking over that are world class coach away from being contenders like we were when Tuchel came in.

Plus, Harry Kane has been embarrassingly poor this season. Will he be able to instantly flip a switch back to becoming world class overnight? Their entire rest of the season hinges on that happening.
That's nothing, he was going to make United challenge for the title with VDB and Matic as a midfield two and so wouldn't need to bring a CM in in January. Apparently.

Sviken

we feck it up in the league or CL this season, it will be because the board prioritised having a yes man rather than a winner.
What's hilarious is that sticking with a yes man cost them way more money than they would having a winner in charge. It also sets United as a club back. I've said it numerous times - we're probably the worst run club in the world. A club with this amount of resources United has, has been turned into a joke. Why would Ten Hag even come here? Next year Guardiola leaves, he'lll be poached by City or Madrid (who are gonna tell Ancelotti to feck off because Perez knows what he is doing).

Micky Targaryen

Conte confirmed. Cue all the speculative posts on Levy - Conte meltdown and “we never would’ve fit our club anyway” posts to soothe the soul. Oh wait..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In many ways if Spurs can't break their duck even with Conte that will probably boost Pochettino's reputation as it will look more likely it was a club problem rather than him.
Fair point. But on the other hand, Pochettino's lukewarm football and lack of authority at PSG suggests he's not quite cut out for the biggest roles.

CM

Big coup for Spurs. It does feel like they could snag the final top 4 spot ahead of us now.

I'm not usually one to encourage sackings but we're far too passive in our approach to managers. Feels like there isn't much of a direction we can go in now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Conte confirmed. Cue all the speculative posts on Levy - Conte meltdown and “we never would’ve fit our club anyway” posts to soothe the soul. Oh wait..
They'll be like oil and water, can't see it working at all. But there's not a chance he didn't suit us, he would've been a fantastic appointment.

Highfather_24

What's hilarious is that sticking with a yes man cost them way more money than they would having a winner in charge. It also sets United as a club back. I've said it numerous times - we're probably the worst run club in the world. A club with this amount of resources United has, has been turned into a joke. Why would Ten Hag even come here? Next year Guardiola leaves, he'lll be poached by City or Madrid (who are gonna tell Ancelotti to feck off because Perez knows what he is doing).
Exactly. It wouldnt be surprising at all if Ten Hag rejects United(specially if we finish out of top 4), and rather goes to Barca/RM/City. Then we will settle for Brendan Rodgers.

Dec9003

He’s a very good manager, and I think he’ll be successful for you. I don’t think he’s as good as Pep, Tuchel or Klopp, though.

tomaldinho1

I think it's more we need a head coach who doesn't have illusions of being more than that, which is why Ole is such a weird appointment as he's hands off.

My fear is we're run in such a sentiment ridden way now, they'll hang onto Ole too long, then try and incorporate him upstairs and just make the head coach role so unattractive to any decent manager because no one will know who is in charge or who signs players and there'll be finger pointing all round when things go wrong.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Congrats to Spurs - this one move immediately puts them in the conversation for the last top 4 place, even with the obvious issues with the squad. I doubt he will be enough to get them past Klopp, Pep or Tuchel unless the latter two teams end-up having a meltdown, but that's not a realistic aim for anyone else anyway.

Hopefully Conte and Levy clash hard sooner rather than later...

Dec9003

Chelsea had no European competition which helped tremendously, and Inter got 4th in their CL group last year. So no European competition from December and onwards there neither.
Exactly, he still won those league titles, but whilst mostly playing once a week. He’s very good but not as good as the best three in the league I don’t think.

the_cliff

You have to remember mate we have Ole at the wheel. In terms of squads I understand your point, Spurs are nowhere near us but you have to take into account the way we've played this season to understand our concern is legitimate.

padzilla

Hipster
If he gets Kane and Son firing again he will be halfway to the top four already.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Nothing I said is a wild prediction. Its obvious we are going to struggle for top 4, and its very possible Tottenham beat us to it. Also do you honestly see Ole winning the CL? Or do you disagree that Conte could have done much better than Ole with this squad?
My point being I don´t think anyone could make this squad title winner this year. That train left already. Needless to say that Conte would have done better than Ole with this squad, but it is what it is.

It´s not impossible for Ole to win the CL with this squad, but it´s very, very unlikely.

Conte is a great manager and I would have welcomed him with open arms considereing the mess we are in, but would he have been some kind of dream appointment and saviour of this club? I doubt it.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Big day for Spain as one of their best coaches goes to a half decent English side.

That announcement :lol:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
You have to remember mate we have Ole at the wheel. In terms of squads I understand your point, Spurs are nowhere near us but you have to take into account the way we've played this season to understand our concern is legitimate.
As poorly as you’ve played in many games, Spurs have been even worse. I think they’ve scored 9 goals total in 10 matches. Whilst playing football worse than the likes of Burnley.

Even a poor manager like Ole should be finishing above this Spurs team when you have CR7, Cavani, Sancho, etc.

Okey

Imagine we stick with Ole and Conte gets Spurs to take our top 4 spot! The meltdown will, and should, be epic.