Conte | Spurs Manager

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Their squad is better than ours. We have fewer weak points in our best XI (theoretically) but their best players are streets ahead of hours. Especially up front. And I’d take a strong attack over a strong defence any day. Goals win matches.
Kane is equivalent or maybe better than Ronaldo. Son is better than our wide players. Kulsivki is more intelligent than our wide players. I agree their attack is better, but our squad is much better on paper. Midfielder, defense and goalkeeper, we are more potent. Their squad is stronger than Arsenal and they should be top four. They could still get it. They are in good form

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fake facts. He’s only list 5 ofsince he took over. And definitely not 5 in the last 11.

The ranking since he took over.
He lost 5 out of his last 11 in all competition before today, those losses coming against United, Southampton, Wolves, Middlesbrough and Burnley. He's lost 9 in total since he took over.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Their squad is better than ours. We have fewer weak points in our best XI (theoretically) but their best players are streets ahead of hours. Especially up front. And I’d take a strong attack over a strong defence any day. Goals win matches.
No it isn't - you have a much stronger squad than us. You could argue we possibly have the better starting 11 (though that is debatable) but you have much stronger strength in depth than we have. I will say that the signings of Bentancur and Kulu have really improved us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No it isn't - you have a much stronger squad than us. You could argue we possibly have the better starting 11 (though that is debatable) but you have much stronger strength in depth than we have.
Our strength in depth is garbage.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Seemed to have turned a corner after the poor start. The signing of bentacur and kulsivki has been vital. I remember some fans on here saying that Spurs squad is poor, but obviously that wasn't true. They should be favorite for top four, but their bad start made Arsenal capitalize on that position. The north London derby will be interesting to watch.
Is he doing better than Poch at the same stage yet??

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm surprised Newcastle capitulated so much but under Conte they've pulled off one off big results and then dropped points the next week. They are just as inconsistent as United but maybe score more goals.

I would prefer to be in Arsenal's position where they are winning each week 1 or 2-nil, with that said though, Spurs could put pressure on Arse if they can string a few results together.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Is he doing better than Poch at the same stage yet??
He isn't close to accomplishing what poch has done. Conte with his squad should be in top four and yet you could only argue about the worse stage of poch career at spurs rather than the best stage. Comeback to me when Conte makes it to the champion league final and get 86 points.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
OGS averaged 1,85 points per game with Man Utd. Mourinho averaged 1,77 PPM at and Nuno 1,65 during much of the same time period. Very few would have said that during any time of that period Spurs squad is better than Man Utd during that period.

But I do think everyone will agree that Spurs squad is bettet than Man Utd by the end of the season. But I’m also convinced that it would have been the other way around if we hired Conte. He is obviously up there with Klopp, Pep, Simeone and maybe Tuchel.

Champ

He isn't close to accomplishing what poch has done. Conte with his squad should be in top four and yet you could only argue about the worse stage of poch career at spurs rather than the best stage. Comeback to me when Conte makes it to the champion league final and get 86 points.
:lol: :lol:

Spurs are currently top four.

simplyared

People acting like he would have done anything with our squad. Our players don't give a feck, countless manager changes has proven that.

They wouldn't suddenly start working for Conte. Opposite in fact, they would turn instantly with his demands.
Majority of Spurs players couldn't give a feck either before he came. Not now though!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
As I said United should have appointed Conte when had the chance. Its obvious he is almost identical to sir Alex in terms of league games winning record.

And have the mentality to make players play for club. He won't afraid of the name and has the track record to make players fall in his line.

Very few managers will command the respect from players and Conte among them.Now most could realise how good a manager he is.

I don't think eth or poch will get the respect from players. United just losing this battle by trying to appoint perfect manager.

Guy Incognito

We are starting to look like a Conte team - we badly need some good recruitment in the summer to get to the level we want to but the two lads we got in the last window have already improved us significantly - a few more players of their quality and we will be a very, very good side.
That's just it, it's really a question if Spurs will go out and buy the players they need to go up to the next level.

I'm not convinced we're witnessing a 'renaissance' of some sorts, I think Conte is doing well to mask deficiencies. But this just has the feeling of meltdown incoming.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Fake facts. He’s only list 5 since taking over. And definitely not 5 in the last 11. Actually it’s exactly 4 in the last 17. But they got 35 points form that 17 games run. More than us, despite the fact we’ve only lost 2.

The ranking since he took over.

5 out of 10 losses there plus today's win.

Lecland07

I think the squad Conte took over was worse than Manchester United's squad. However, their additions in January have made a massive difference. Their attack was lopsided, with no effective right winger. Their midfield had no depth, and the first-team had zero creativity before those transfers.

Tottenham's attack is undoubtedly better, though. Not sure any Premier League club has a better first-team attack than Tottenham in the league, especially since the addition of Kulusevski. They have the best striker in the league and, arguably, the best left-winger with Son (that one is a bit more disputable). It is easily a match for Liverpool and Manchester City.

However, their midfield was pretty poor. Bentancur has made a massive difference, but the midfield that Conte took over was worse than what Manchester United had. It had absolutely nothing to it: no creativity and was completely flat.

Defence. It is dodgy still. They still concede a lot of sloppy goals. This is a place where they definitely need signings, but they have improved a bit under Conte.

Pintu

He lost 5 out of his last 11 in all competition before today, those losses coming against United, Southampton, Wolves, Middlesbrough and Burnley. He's lost 9 in total since he took over.
The poster talked about the league and pretended they lost 5 in 11, when they’ve only lost 4 in 17.

Conte is still doing a better job than almost everyone else in the league.

Edit: rescheduled games fooled me.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think the squad Conte took over was worse than Manchester United's squad. However, their additions in January have made a massive difference. Their attack was lopsided, with no effective right winger. Their midfield had no depth, and the first-team had zero creativity before those transfers.

Tottenham's attack is undoubtedly better, though. Not sure any Premier League club has a better first-team attack than Tottenham in the league, especially since the addition of Kulusevski. They have the best striker in the league and, arguably, the best left-winger with Son (that one is a bit more disputable). It is easily a match for Liverpool and Manchester City.

However, their midfield was pretty poor. Bentancur has made a massive difference, but the midfield that Conte took over was worse than what Manchester United. It had absolutely nothing to it: no creativity and was completely flat.

Defence. It is dodgy still. They still concede a lot of sloppy goals. This is a place where they definitely need signings, but they have improved a bit under Conte.
I agree about Kulu and Bentancur - not only do they look like superb players, they have given the team balance when before there wasn't any. That has made such a big difference to us.

Champ

:lol::lol:

with two games ahead of Arsenal. As stated, they should be favorite for this position and when I stated that before people said that Spurs squad is to poor :lol:
So they are top four then yeah?

Where were they when he took over?
There squad is poor, starting 11 is decent, by Emerson Royal, Doherty, Dier, Davies...would they start for any other top 6 team?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
That's just it, it's really a question if Spurs will go out and buy the players they need to go up to the next level.

I'm not convinced we're witnessing a 'renaissance' of some sorts, I think Conte is doing well to mask deficiencies. But this just has the feeling of meltdown incoming.
No mate. Conte has the knack of winning continuously game after game. Once the players get into their heads he make slight changes to adopt opposition then give the players good platform to perform. He was like that since his Juve days. Then did well for Italy then chelsea inter now at spurs. Very good manager indeed. Yes he took time but it is first time he took over mid season. It took time but he proved this again and again he is a winner.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Why do people talk about squads these days while disregarding the first 11? If you're talking like that, say better bench.

simplyared

C'mon give cred! The man took over a squad with virtually no backbone. They were in worst state than we are. Half decent squad with, on paper, a couple of world class players underperforming. He's made a few smart additions and he's got them eating out of his hand. Feckin brilliant!

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's a psychopath with pedigree. Perhaps he could motivate our wannabe superstars. Hard to say.

The style of play argument needs to end.

If LVG bored us to a CL or if Jose shitehoused his way to a league title they would be legends.

Roy Keane said that there was no talk of style of football at United - only winning talk.

Fergie parked busses at times. Watch us against Barca in 2008. Wes Borwn was godly.

Klopp didn't heavy metal Spurs in the CL Final either. He got that early gifts and played a controlled, methodical game.

Conte would have been a good short term appointment. But it would just prolong our massive rebuild.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No mate. Conte has the knack of winning continuously game after game. Once the players get into their heads he make slight changes to adopt opposition then give the players good platform to perform. He was like that since his Juve days. Then did well for Italy then chelsea inter now at spurs. Very good manager indeed. Yes he took time but it is first time he took over mid season. It took time but he proved this again and again he is a winner.
They’ve lost 5 of their last 11 games in the league.

Chipper

Adulterer.
The poster talked about the league and pretended they lost 5 in 11, when they’ve only lost 4 in 17.

Conte is still doing a better job than almost everyone else in the league.

Edit: rescheduled games fooled me.
Yes, the Burnley match was originally scheduled for matchday 13 in November and they still have it listed as their matchday 13 match in the transfermarkt matchday table thing.

It wasn't actually played until late February.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Conte is one of the best league managers in football. I don't think its a surprise that he has improved Spurs quite a bit. His teams have also historically been much better when not competing in Europe and that's essentially been the case since the very start of his tenure.

I think Kulu, Bentancur, and Romero have all improved their level in important ways, but the squad is still fairly average. There are still probably 4-5 positions in the starting lineup that they should probably upgrade and they'll need to improve depth in some positions as well next year when playing in Europe.

Arsenal deserve to be favorites just based on the games in hand but Spurs have the easier schedule and the far more experienced team. Its really one bad result from Arsenal away from being a true tossup IMO.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I have a feeling that same people who are now saying Spurs have better squad than us were advocating that we were candidates for winning the league after last season, plus this season's additions. If anything, Spurs were mocked here.

He's done great and if he picks up top four spot which to me is looking increasingly likely, then we may have another serious adversary to overcome next season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Conte is doing well at spurs… he’s improved them quicker then rangnick as improved us with a less quality squad. No matter who we have in charge we’re always awful. We have a bunch of lazy players who don’t work hard enough and don’t know how to play football.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Some serious mental gymnastics going on in here, we have a better squad than United? Poch had a worse squad? We have depth? Dick me gimmie some of what your smoking.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Conte is one of the best league managers in football. I don't think its a surprise that he has improved Spurs quite a bit. His teams have also historically been much better when not competing in Europe and that's essentially been the case since the very start of his tenure.

I think Kulu, Bentancur, and Romero have all improved their level in important ways, but the squad is still fairly average. There are still probably 4-5 positions in the starting lineup that they should probably upgrade and they'll need to improve depth in some positions as well next year when playing in Europe.

Arsenal deserve to be favorites just based on the games in hand but Spurs have the easier schedule and the far more experienced team. Its really one bad result from Arsenal away from being a true tossup IMO.
Arsenal s two games in hand are not much to be honest. One is against spurs and another against chelsea. So nothing between them to be honest.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Some serious mental gymnastics going on in here, we have a better squad than United? Poch had a worse squad? We have depth? Dick me gimmie some of what your smoking.
Its always the case. Footy fans try to downplay every team and every manager until they realise the truth. Spurs are as much good as they finished last season. That's it. Nothing less nothing more.