Conte to leave Inter?

Suedesi

• The club wants to recoup at least 100mm EUR from transfers, and to reduce payroll by at least 20%
  • Conte is not ok with that and is ready to leave.

Rough translation from Gazzeta:

The roads are therefore separating: almost inevitable given the distance between Inter's current plans, and the ambitions of the coach who sees in this scenario an inevitable downsizing of ambitions, especially compared to the project of continuous growth that was envisaged two years ago on his arrival. The club obviously wants to remain at high levels, compete for the Scudetto and do well in Europe, but the economic crisis exacerbated by the pandemic has forced the owners first to ask for a substantial loan that they have just obtained and then to review the accounts and go through disposals, capital gains, savings, cuts, cost containment and reduction of the payroll. It will be up to the ability of the managers, Marotta and Ausilio above all, to succeed in the enterprise of balancing the books without weakening the team too much. This difficult operation, however, will not see Conte at the helm, unless there are almost impossible second thoughts. The coach has been clear for months, he would not accept the idea of seeing undermined the hard work done in these two years, and that led him to win the Scudetto.

Cloud7

Imagine finally getting their act together after a decade, winning the league, and then it all comes apart immediately after.

Who can we nab from them to compound this situation?

AaronRedDevil

Just don’t go to fecking Tottenham :lol:. Although the Madrid job could be up grabs.

AgentSmith

Imagine finally getting their act together after a decade, winning the league, and then it all comes apart immediately after.

Who can we nab from them to compound this situation?
Barella would be a lovely option in midfield.

Spurs should move heaven and earth for Conte.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just don’t go to fecking Tottenham :lol:. Although the Madrid job could be up grabs.
He wouldn't last longer than a season at Tottenham, he's one of the most notoriously difficult managers to work with.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Crazy. They’ve just won the league with a very promising side and a manger of Conte’s level could’ve easily bagged another couple titles considering Juventus’ mess, and Milan not being quite there.

Instead, they’re having to dissemble the squad!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Barella would be a lovely option in midfield.

Spurs should move heaven and earth for Conte.
If there is even the slightest chance we can get Conte we should 100% be all over it. One of the best coaches in world football right now. I'd be over the moon.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Same as last time they won the league then

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Can you imagine him with Levy? :lol:

He's an incredible manager but is there a single club where he hasn't fallen out with the higher ups?

AgentSmith

If there is even the slightest chance we can get Conte we should 100% be all over it. One of the best coaches in world football right now. I'd be over the moon.
Potentially going from Roberto Martinez to Antonio Conte in the space of 24 hours would be one of the best managerial glow ups of all time.

Probably an unrealistic possibility but you never know. My Spurs supporting mates share your enthusiasm for Conte - ‘give him whatever he fecking wants to get him to sign that contract’ was the general consensus.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Potentially going from Roberto Martinez to Antonio Conte in the space of 24 hours would be one of the best managerial glow ups of all time.

Probably an unrealistic possibility but you never know. My Spurs supporting mates share your enthusiasm for Conte - ‘give him whatever he fecking wants to get him to sign that contract’ was the general consensus.
I've gone from being not fussed who we got as manager to now being really excited at even the possibility of Conte.

He's an incredible manager but is there a single club where he hasn't fallen out with the higher ups?
Jose mk.2

would be a very strange choice for Spurs

Conte is obviously a good manager, but Jose followed by Conte would be awful for Spurs.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jose mk.2

Conte is obviously a good manager, but Jose followed by Conte would be awful for Spurs.
Literally what Chelsea did and we got two titles out of of them. Different resources available at Chelsea though.

Anyway, Conte is a top 5 manager in the world. Mourinho barely cracks the top 20. Conte going to Spurs can't be viewed as anything other than a huge positive for Spurs.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Jose mk.2

Conte is one of the best coaches in the world right now - you cant compare Jose to him nowadays - Conte would an incredible appointment for Spurs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

When he left Juventus, this is what he said.
“Well, you cannot go to eat at a €100 restaurant with just €10 euro in your pocket, can you?
Then he fell out with Inter management after first season because of transfers even though they spent lot of money, he is too volatile and wants many players. Him and Levy would be match made in heaven for rest of PL.

slored1

If he goes to Spurs, him and Levy will kill each other before Christmas. On the other hand, if there is an attacking duo most suited for Antonio Conte, it is Kane and Son.

Cloud7

As much as I like Poch, PSG should can him and get Conte in. Conte is more likely to get them the CL they've been working towards.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No surprise about Inters finances, they already essentially defaulted on payments for Hakimi and Lukaku I think. Just hoping we're not getting the latter back unless we have no other striker option!

The question for me is who are the buyers going to be? Lots of clubs need to sell players and cut wages.