g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Conte to leave Inter?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Gonte. He doesn't like sticking around.

redrobed

I’m going to go ahead and say what everyone else is thinking but no-one wants to say. With all due respect to Ole (and acknowledging that he’s done better than could have been expected this season given resources available to him) we should be all over this. I’m far from Ole out but these sorts of managers only come round so often.

Crustanoid

Go to Spurs, Antonio and we can offload some more duds there. Jesse, maybe Perrera and others too.

Then if Jose wants he can have Lindelof, Bailly, Matic since he liked them enough to sign them....

KC91

Honestly, Conte should coach maybe one more club team and then just coach the Italian NT again after that, it seemed like that was the best situation for him long term.

Okey

Lukaku will probably leave too. With Chelsea and Citeh sniffing around for strikers. Conte would have been a main reason for him to reject them.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think Conte is a little like Mourinho in that he is so all-consumed with winning that if he feels like the situation isn't right for him to succeed then he will blow everything up rather than stick around and compete on an uneven playing field. He didn't like his chances against the team Pep built at City and now he doesn't want to fight with a lesser Inter side to keep the title from going back to Juventus or to Milan.

0le

I’m going to go ahead and say what everyone else is thinking but no-one wants to say. With all due respect to Ole (and acknowledging that he’s done better than could have been expected this season given resources available to him) we should be all over this. I’m far from Ole out but these sorts of managers only come round so often.
I am not thinking that and don't pretend like you know what others are thinking.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I like this development. The way coaches like him or Flick are turning the tables on their trigger happy clubs is quite entertaining to me. It's been about time, that coaches demanded more.

I like this development. The way coaches like him or Flick are turning the tables on their trigger happy clubs is quite entertaining to me. It's been about time, that coaches demanded more.
Is it really? Is it really the time coaches demanded more during an unprecedented pandemic where clubs have been literally fecked? I’d say it’s exactly the time the managers should understand that they will need to work to a stricter budget for a short while.

dove

Lukaku will probably leave too. With Chelsea and Citeh sniffing around for strikers. Conte would have been a main reason for him to reject them.
Lukaku in Pep's team would be quite the sight :lol:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Is it really? Is it really the time coaches demanded more during an unprecedented pandemic where clubs have been literally fecked? I’d say it’s exactly the time the managers should understand that they will need to work to a stricter budget for a short while.
Clubs keep firing coaches despite the pandemic. So why should they give a shit? They are always the first ones to get the boot and they often get fired for mistakes that were made further up the hierarchy. I applaud them for demanding better treatment and payment and don't have a single shed of sympathy for the clubs.

redshaw

It's a shame the owners can't ride this out, I was glad Inter could improve and win the title. They invested to win and got success very quickly, I would've liked to see this team in the CL and go for the league again and build. Feels like someone who bought a sports car just to drive around in it for a year then sell it back to a richer person who can actually afford to run it.

We'll be seeing some players back in England probably like Lukaku.

Roane

I'm not Ole out either but I would be ok with having Conte.

I think he would work well with the owners at UTD as they have, in fairness, backed all the managers with big signings. And would probably do the same for Conte.

I'm always reminded of Cantona when people talk about difficult people. Not many who have the background of Cantona in terms of "problems" but was a perfect fit for us

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am still not sure if Ole can be the one to lead us back to glory, but sure as hell I do not want Conte instead of him.

diarm

Spurs supporting mate sent me this.

The hilarious thing is how they don't realise they are Spurs fans. Things like this don't work for them.

How that tweet actually ends is:
Conte falls out with Levy and walks before the first game of the season.

SATA

Wasn’t there news earlier on that Inter still owe United money from the Lukaku deal? Seems like they can’t exactly pay up

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hard to imagine a worse marriage than Conte and Levy.
Would be an unbelievable get for Spurs that but yeah would be full on nuclear war with him and Levy after about two weeks.

At least Mourinho usually gives it a good season before he starts his meltdown at lack of signings.

Maybe Italy might move Mancini on after euros and get Conte back as he'll have a far stronger squad to work with than what he had in 2016.

Woziak

Would take him and Lukaku back.

Joking about Lukaku.
No brainier, he wins domestic leagues, has an instant impact and tactically versatile enough to get the most out of this squad plus he’s won a premier league with 95 points, if we were a well run club then irrespective of tonight’s result and season , conte would be recruited ASAP !