Copa Libertadores 2008

JCurr

Agree with original post. I've caught a few matches, and the tournament's showcased some quality attacking football from what I've seen. Caught Boca twice in particular. They were fantastic to watch, Riquelme in particular. Brilliant footballer he is. Every touch is clever. Shame if he doesn't return to Europe before the twilight of his career.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
Thiago Neves with a weak goal for Fluminense, but they have had their fair amount of chances.
I thought he did well to get his shot in.

If Boca go out they can only blame themselves, zero marking on the first goal, poor keeping on the second. They did draw at home in the last round and won 3-0 away.

feck that was nearly 3 for Boca.

Are they South America's equivalent of Keegan's Newcastle ?

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I thought he did well to get his shot in.

If Boca go out they can only blame themselves, zero marking on the first goal, poor keeping on the second. They did draw at home in the last round and won 3-0 away.

feck that was nearly 3 for Boca.

Are they South America's equivalent of Keegan's Newcastle ?
He did well with the turn and shot but you'd expect the keeper to save it, so it's weak imo.

Boca have been the better of the two sides from what I've seen but Fluminense have had good chances as well. Exiting match.

Count Duckula

Good match. Has squandered time for me, which is what I wanted.

I was conflicted as to who to support, though. I have family in Buenos Aires, so I like Boca, but at the same time United have a link with Fluminense, so I like them too.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
2-2 FT

The pace of the game was electric from start to finish. I don't think I've enjoyed a game as much since, well, since last Wednesday. Yet another cracking match thrown up by this tournament, fast open football. Riquelme is a fabulous footballer, pure joy to watch. I think Boca will do the business in the second leg but they must defend better.

Ringo 07

Great news that we will probably be facing the team we bought Fabio and Rafael Silva from in teh final in Japan.
Not only did the victory mean the elimination of the 2007 Libertadores champion, but also the first Brazilian win over the Argentinean club in 45 years in the competition.
Fluminense will face Ecuador's LDU Quito in two finals matches, on June 25, in Quito, and on July 2, in Rio.