Copa Libertadores Finals | 2nd leg at Bernabeu | River wins

IFC 1905

This has killed this final, and an organization of 300 guys is resposible for it.

There's a Whatsapp audio filtered today from the leader of "Los Borrachos del Tablon", Caverna, where he affirms he commited the incident, saying there will be no game because the police and judges busted him and no one of them wanted to "share" some of the benefits.

If this goes without public, it would be so sad to watch. Because footballistically no one wants to watch these players.

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Why? Perhaps if their supporters didn't act like savages they wouldn't need to/
I don't generalize.

To be fair the usual punishment for fan trouble is playing the match behind closed doors, so to even offer River fans the chance to see it is fair enough. (Moving it out of the country is a bit much though). Really it's now just become a one leg final, the first match ended 2-2 and, correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't use away goals in the final.
Is it? Is it strictly adhered to in CONMEBOL? Does fan trouble lead to playing a match behind closed doors?

James Peril

Absolute disgrace from the authorities. It's absolutely unfair to deny River Plate home advantage. Tighten security for the Boca players but to move it outside the country is insane.
If lives are in danger, it certainly isn’t. When humans act like animals, due to a trivial thing like football, sanctions are in order. There is no correct outcome here no matter what, so pick the one that doesn’t harm people

Kapardin

If lives are in danger, it certainly isn’t. When humans act like animals, due to a trivial thing like football, sanctions are in order. There is no correct outcome here no matter what, so pick the one that doesn’t harm people
You are disrespecting the animals there. Worse than animals.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www....late-fans-brutally-kick-pig-boca-juniors/amp/

After dressing up a pig in fierce rivals Boca Juniors’ colours, fans tormented it, kicked it and even launched it high in the air in the disgraceful viral video.
Absolutely sick. Torturing an innocent animal. If football can turn humans into such depraved fiends, maybe it shouldn't exist.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What the hell is up with people castigating a whole bunch of supporters based on the actions of a few idiots? This ironically is how English supporters travelling abroad get labeled as hooligans because of their passports based on the actions of a few.

Of course there is a correct outcome here. Ban the parties directly responsible for the fracas. Tighten security before, during and after the game for Boca players. And if, and only if, violations occur repeatedly, do you play the game behind closed doors. Does moving the final to Abu Dhabi really benefit the game?

Last edited:

macheda14

I don't generalize.

Is it? Is it strictly adhered to in CONMEBOL? Does fan trouble lead to playing a match behind closed doors?
I mean it isn’t strictly adhered to in any organisation, it’s case by case. However there is history of a matches being played behind closed doors throughout South America.
Anyway Argentina fan troubles led to a total ban on away supporters in Argentina... So how do you propose you punish the home fans then, when they’re the only fans at fault now?

macheda14

What the hell is up with people castigating a whole bunch of supporters based on the actions of a few idiots? This ironically is how English supporters travelling abroad get labeled as hooligans because of their passports based on the actions of a few.
Because a quite common way of punishing the few is by punishing the many. A strong example would be Heysel, when English hooliganism was at it's peak it caused the death of many supporters, a total ban on English teams in Europe was put in place. Was it fair? No. Was it the correct thing to do? Yes.

Also English tourists are the worst in general, much of mainland Europe has a lesser opinion of us regardless of football.

Ainu

Of course there is a correct outcome here. Ban the parties directly responsible for the fracas. Tighten security before, during and after the game for Boca players. And if, and only if, violations occur repeatedly, do you play the game behind closed doors. Does moving the final to Abu Dhabi really benefit the game?
How is the post you quoted doing that? :confused:

I read Conmebol may feel that tightening security would be difficult due to the G20 summit which starts in Buenos Aires on Friday and will require heavy security resources. If they feel that may prevent the final from being played in secure enough conditions, than surely you can't argue against that. Safety has to be the first concern, everything else is secondary.

Chicharo

This has killed this final, and an organization of 300 guys is resposible for it.

There's a Whatsapp audio filtered today from the leader of "Los Borrachos del Tablon", Caverna, where he affirms he commited the incident, saying there will be no game because the police and judges busted him and no one of them wanted to "share" some of the benefits.

If this goes without public, it would be so sad to watch. Because footballistically no one wants to watch these players.
If I' am not mistaken, Boca insist they won't play the second match, and now it comes down to Disciplinary Panel?
So, what do you think happens next? If the Panel decide in favor of River, will Boca still adhere to their decision or not?
Will there be the second leg or not?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Bonkers decision to have the second leg not be played in River Plate's stadium.

Charles Miller

It would be the supreme irony if the Bananera-Conmebol had to send the game to some Brazilian Arena after robbing the Brazilian clubs the entire competition, distorting the reality of the South American football to fabricate an artificial final.

IFC 1905

If I' am not mistaken, Boca insist they won't play the second match, and now it comes down to Disciplinary Panel?
So, what do you think happens next? If the Panel decide in favor of River, will Boca still adhere to their decision or not?
Will there be the second leg or not?

Boca will play under protest, and then they’ll go to TAS

IFC 1905

TAS?
Seriously? That'll be like three-four days before the semis of the FIFA Club World Cup

Yeah if river wins they’ll play the World Cup, and maybe after that boca could be given the championship :lol:

I don’t think there’s a reason for boca Not to play other than vengeance from what happened in 2015. I also think they know river is a better team. They got what they wanted taking the final outside of argentina and probably behind closed doors.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Potential venues for the final: Asunción, Miami, Genoa, Doha, UAE...

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Yeah it's bonkers to punish a team for their fans' behaviour. Go figure.
Those aren’t football fans, nevermind River Plate fans... the punishment is clearly not in line with what happened.

Or is the club supposed to control what every single person wearing their shirt does?

If today 200 United fans wearing Liverpool jerseys go to Paris to attack PSG fans and players... would it be alright for Liverpool to get disqualified?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Those aren’t football fans, nevermind River Plate fans... the punishment is clearly not in line with what happened.

Or is the club supposed to control what every single person wearing their shirt does?

If today 200 United fans wearing Liverpool jerseys go to Paris to attack PSG fans and players... would it be alright for Liverpool to get disqualified?
You assume that's what happened, but I haven't seen any proof of that. Even then, River Plate are not disqualified.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
You assume that's what happened, but I haven't seen any proof of that. Even then, River Plate are not disqualified.
It's an hypothetical, I'm not assuming that's what happened. You can't just massively punish a club due to the actions of a small minority of fans that might or might not even be associated with the club.

Not playing the second leg in River's stadium is incredibly unfair, especially when the reasons mentioned don't make sense.

Le Red

You are disrespecting the animals there. Worse than animals.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www....late-fans-brutally-kick-pig-boca-juniors/amp/

Absolutely sick. Torturing an innocent animal. If football can turn humans into such depraved fiends, maybe it shouldn't exist.
You're talking through your arse here. It's not football's fault that such criminals exist and if it wasn't for football or other sport, they surely would find another excuse to commit their vile acts.

Nick7

It's an hypothetical, I'm not assuming that's what happened. You can't just massively punish a club due to the actions of a small minority of fans that might or might not even be associated with the club.

Not playing the second leg in River's stadium is incredibly unfair, especially when the reasons mentioned don't make sense.
Yes you can. That's what happens all over the world when teams get punished for their fans actions. It's why sometimes some clubs have to play matches with no crowds or behind closed doors.

IFC 1905

Yes you can. That's what happens all over the world when teams get punished for their fans actions. It's why sometimes some clubs have to play matches with no crowds or behind closed doors.

I think for these games specially, it’s really important to differentiate if the incident happens inside or outside the stadium. In this case it was seven blocks away. Buenos Aires city’s minister of security quitted, and it’s almost confirmed that the incident was caused by one of the leaders of river plate hooligans, in vengeance of an operative made against him where the police took him 300 tickets plus money.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Will be played in Doha.

The middle east literally run this sport.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Pity. Probably the only game outside my own club that I'm arsed in watching over the next few months. And that was because the game had provenance. Taking it abroad removes just about every reason to watch it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its incredible that this game can't be policed properly enough for it to be played in Argentina. Sad for the River Fans who bought tickets expecting to see their team have a chance to win the title at home. I doubt the bulk of them will be buying airplane tickets to Europe or the Middle East.

El Presidente

They still haven't decided it?

I don't think they can disqualify River under these circumstances, since they will start a civil war. So this is as bad as it gets for them.

Are they seriously going to make argentines, out of all people, to travel to feckin Doha? What's so difficult to move it to another South American country, or even another Argentine city.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Its incredible that this game can't be policed properly enough for it to be played in Argentina. Sad for the River Fans who bought tickets expecting to see their team have a chance to win the title at home. I doubt the bulk of them will be buying airplane tickets to Europe or the Middle East.
They will travel in good numbers if allowed, once in a lifetime opportunity. Look at Peru for the World cup, people sold their homes etc to go.

Any of the locals know how I can get a ticket if fans are allowed? I'll easily get a flight to Madrid for it, once in a lifetime.

Sgt.Major

Will the Boca fans be able to buy tickets for this one? I suppose the River fans won't have to buy the tickets again and anyone who would've wanted to sell would easily find a buyer.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The entire shambles has been an embarrassment for Argentine football.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Why don't they just write-off Boca's first-leg and play a one-off final?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Wth, the Bernabéu, seems shocking/bellend at first but suddenly it makes all the sense in the world. LOTS of Argentinians in Madrid and Barcelona.

I'm glad the savages that caused the incidents at Buenos Aires won't be able to fly to Madrid.