Could "ESL" (Electronic Sports League) sue the super league for copyright?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
ESL, formerly known as Electronic Sports League, is an esports organizer and production company that produces video game competitions worldwide. ESL is the world's largest esports company,[1] and the oldest that is still operational.[2] Based in Cologne, Germany, ESL has eleven offices and multiple international TV studios globally. ESL is the largest esports company to broadcast on Twitch.[3][4]

Abizzz

I wouldn't put it beyond Levy, Joel, Woody and senior greed not to have checked the availability.

JP Morgan though?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Depends if they try to register ESL as an actual trademark or if it’s just a designated shorthand way of people referring to it. I don’t think the league themselves have called it the ESL have they, just the public?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What about the English Surrender League? The pacifist branch of the EDL?

NoLogo

It's not coincidence. They want a big share of that sweet, sweet gamer market. They are easy to milk for money. Look at the shite EA puts out year after year and the people are still buying it. That's the customers they really want to get their greedy little fingers on.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
ESL, formerly known as Electronic Sports League, is an esports organizer and production company that produces video game competitions worldwide. ESL is the world's largest esports company,[1] and the oldest that is still operational.[2] Based in Cologne, Germany, ESL has eleven offices and multiple international TV studios globally. ESL is the largest esports company to broadcast on Twitch.[3][4]
As littlepeasoup said, they go by "The Super League" or TSL for short.

https://twitter.com/tslcomms

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
it’s not ESL or European Super League though.

OverratedOpinion

Will be the super league in case they get a nice enough payday to let a Chinese team or Saudi League team join.

Also what a stupid fecking name it is when you just listen to it. "Super League" it sounds like something from a spin off DC comic.

Chairman Steve

They’ve termed it “The Super League” for now haven’t they?

European Super League or ESL is basically how everyone’s referring to it at the moment.