g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Could Manchester City "disappear" in few years?

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
The same 4 years where we have won the same number of titles and only been legitimately worse than them in 1 season (last season), whilst having better European performances than them barring 1 season?
I see. Yes that's definitely overshadowed City alright. They probably will "forever remain in your shadows" if that's how you define it. Two league titles to your 1. Shadows like that I like.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I see. Yes that's definitely overshadowed City alright. They probably will "forever remain in your shadows" if that's how you define it.
I don't think that makes sense but perhaps I am reading it.

One season where we were at our worst in over 25 years and City at their best for even longer than 25 years doesn't create a trend. It was an anomaly of a season.

This season its in our own hands if we finish above them or not.

I never made the original point either, just highlighting that your counter argument doesn't hold as much weight as you thought it did. Tbf neither did the original point made, City are here to stay and will still be winning things in 10 or 15 years as well IMO.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
@Ronetta Any ideas about who city might be signing this summer? Haven't seen too many rumours apart from De Bruyne and Alex Samdro

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I guess it's fair to bump this.

I was so close to being right, considering they would struggle a lot if they were kicked out of CL, but I was also very naive thinking FFP is anything other than load of shite, and that UEFA is anything other than corrupted organisation(CAS probably being the same, or probably even being connected to UEFA).

I think people are taking FFP for granted. FIFA have showed that they are not joking even with bigger clubs when they break their rules - see Barcelona and their transfer embargo, so it's expected that UEFA will be harsh with their rules too. I am quite sure they have always been even less tollerant to English clubs and if City continues to break them they'll fine them on one or another way. They already did.
Sucker.

spiriticon

Chelsea have faded a bit since their dominance in the mid-noughties, and I suspect City will fade as well once Pep inevitably goes.

They'll go back to hiring the Mancinis and the Pellegrinis who'll win the odd title but that's about it.

fps

I love that you've bumped this. Who could have known Man City would sign new players?

el3mel

I guess it's fair to bump this.

I was so close to being right, considering they would struggle a lot if they were kicked out of CL, but I was also very naive thinking FFP is anything other than load of shite, and that UEFA is anything other than corrupted organisation(CAS probably being the same, or probably even being connected to UEFA).

Sucker.
You weren't so. Even if they were banned for CL for only 2 seasons it wasn't going to change much of their current state in the league. They're not going to "disappear". Chelsea didn't "disappear" either.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You weren't so. Even if they were banned for CL for only 2 seasons it wasn't going to change much of their current state in the league. They're not going to "disappear". Chelsea didn't "disappear" either.
The term was wrong, but I think I explained in post after that I obviously didn't think they will disappear as a club, or transfer to Championship or anything like that, but simply disappear as Premierleagur powerhouse that they were back then. Losing the likes of Aguero(injury), Silva and company is already big problem for them, and if they don't play CL football next two years it would be impossible for them to attract top players to replace them, and they would probably lose another one or two good players who wouldn't bother staying with no CL football in sight.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Chelsea have faded a bit since their dominance in the mid-noughties, and I suspect City will fade as well once Pep inevitably goes.

They'll go back to hiring the Mancinis and the Pellegrinis who'll win the odd title but that's about it.
Of course. the thoughts of any club having an iron grip on the PL is purely bullshit. I don't think its even possible to emulate what you guys did under Sir Alex, nevermind to be more dominant. Was always a myth.