Could us and Leicester play out a draw to deny Chelsea ?

King Eric 7

Leicester will get a point at Spurs, we will beat West ham. Leicester will try to beat us but then relax after 80 minutes when Chelsea are losing to Wolves. Chelsea will have already lost to the scousers.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think your memory has massively mis-remembered it.
I think it was more like about 6-7mins max at the end.
I think we were losing 1-0 but Tony V equalised with about 20 minutes left and both sides didn't bother trying to win after that. My memory may have it wrong though

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think Chelsea will beat Liverpool. That said, it’ll matter little as they won’t beat Wolves.

TheGodsInRed

Generally you see with these games, if it's a draw at 60 mins both teams start to sit back, and settle for a draw.

It's worth going for third though. It's quite a bit extra prize money.

dogwithabone

I think we were losing 1-0 but Tony V equalised with about 20 minutes left and both sides didn't bother trying to win after that. My memory may have it wrong though
No, I’m sure it finished 0-0 (at Ewood) and it was definitely one of last games of season. The draw suited us both but I just can’t recall the circumstances.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I don't see Chelsea beating Liverpool. Even on Liverpool's current form. Chelsea's functional but not terribly threatening attack wise. Defensively Mane's gonna hit them hard.

It also depends on whether Kante will play or not.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
No, I’m sure it finished 0-0 (at Ewood) and it was definitely one of last games of season. The draw suited us both but I just can’t recall the circumstances.
It was 2011, it ended 1-1 and it won us the title and kept Blackburn up.

Rooney scored a 73rd minute penalty. So I only had the scorer wrong

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The Liverpool line up will be interesting. Anything other than full strength will show Klopp's thinking. Liverpool management will be very aware of the effect on our finances and ability to challenge over the next few seasons with CL.

mu4c_20le

I think Liverpool won't want to lose two in a row, particularly to rivals. Chelsea will be lucky to get a point.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The only positive I can think of is Liverpool's "amazing historic best team in the world" season is about to end like a wet fart, going out with a whimper. If there is self-respect there...

Riz

Even if Chelsea draw against the Scouse we can draw against Leicester and both get into the top 4. Just need to beat West Ham and Leicester win their game against Spurs.
No. A draw vs Liverpool and a win vs Wolves would put them on 67 points. Us and Leicester would finish on 66 if we both win our penultimate games and then draw against each other and we’d finish 5th on GD.

Siorac

These conversations are very weird on an online forum. With a second of googling either of you could have found out that it was 2011, the game finished 1-1, with Rooney equalising from a penalty. It clinched the league title for us and ensured Blackburn's survival.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Liverpool are also picking up the title and I severely doubt a single player will want to end that note on a loss. I certainly wouldn’t. No way Liverpool will not be up for this.

dogwithabone

What are we 5 goals behind Leicester ? Let’s hope they lose 3-0 to Spurs and we beat West Ham 5-0 and we are virtually there bar a defensive catastrophe on last day.

dogwithabone

What are we 5 goals behind Leicester ? Let’s hope they lose 3-0 to Spurs and we beat West Ham 5-0 and we are virtually there bar a defensive catastrophe on last day.
Just looked, 3 behind so if they are to lose by the minimum then then even a 3 or 4 nil win for us heaps the pressure on them to beat us by a two goal margin. An early goal there for us would virtually sew it up.

Dominos

I'm not sure why it would be a given that Leicester beat Spurs?

Anyway, even in this scenario I think it's almost impossible to play out a 0-0 purposely over 90 minutes. You'll need to go near the opposition box, have shots, put your corners into the box etc. so there's always going to be opportunities to score.

However in the last 10 minutes I think both team could play keep ball if it's a draw - similar to United vs Blackburn years ago.

RkkMan

Lads cmon I doubt Klopp and the players will want to lose 2 games in a row especially at Anfield where they have a long unbeaten record in the game where they lift their first PL trophy in 30 years. Best result Chelsea will get is a draw.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If anything just let Chelsea & us go through. We don't want another solid team to be top 7 in PL. Anyway, why do we care about Chelsea anyway.

Morpheus 7

Need to be positive and win the two games. On paper we have the easier games. Chelsea away to Wolves and Liverpool. Leicester away to Spurs and us with no fans. We are better than both of them, let's prove we deserve to be in n the Champions league. No harm but if this was a cup competition, we would be delighted to have these fixtures in context. Just hope we don't get screwed on GD.

RashyForPM

I genuinely think Ole won’t settle for fourth and is gunning for third. If results go as the OP says they should, then we’d finish fourth. He’ll try to win that game I think, and pray that Wolves take points of Chelsea if we don’t.

cyril C

Regardless of what may happen elsewhere, we must beat West Ham first. Hope West Ham win tomorrow.

twitter thread suggester
Would it even hurt Chelsea to miss out on CHL football?

They have most of their signings in place already so there’s seemingly no Sancho situation.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I could see in this scenario it being 0-0 as obviously you would both be quite cautious but at the same time I imagine both teams would want to take the lead as that would effectively give you a two goal advantage and save any potential late nerves.

Either way it's shaping up to be quite the final week, if my maths is correct we need a draw at Anfield for it to be in our hands going into the last day.

Rafaeldagold

Would you really trust Leicester & Vardy in particular to keep to a draw- no chance. They’d do a fast counter in 90th min to knock us out of Champions League