Gaming Counter-Strike 2

Chairman Steve

Valve announced a new game!

Check out the official CS Twitter account for more detail than below. A limited testing run is being available today to a select group of players

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
wow cool smoke makes me want to play smoke simulator again.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wow, smoke :lol:

Counter strike was/is great, but I am not sure they need to introduce such big changes in the game such is smoke. I am pretty people behind it are laughing somewhere behind all that smoke.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Valve announced a new game!

Check out the official CS Twitter account for more detail than below. A limited testing run is being available today to a select group of players

Woah Holy feck that's amazing news!

Bosws87

The best shooter of all time gets better. :cool:

Good to hear they are doing it correct with all the inventory and skins coming over, not that they really had a choice would of been outrage.

lovely.

Last edited:

hobbers

Hopefully the new smoke physics stop all these different 1 way spots

Flying high

Looks like valve messed up and banned loads of players. Normally I'd probably ignore it and just think they're all cheaters, except I got banned this time too. My first game ban in 40 years of gaming!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Looks like valve messed up and banned loads of players. Normally I'd probably ignore it and just think they're all cheaters, except I got banned this time too. My first game ban in 40 years of gaming!
Cheater.

:lol:

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I have played a lot half an hour of CS2 so far. I'm gonna play only after they fix most of the bugs reported by the user base.

Flying high

:nervous:

My ban got lifted last night, along with 1000s of others, it seems.

I have played a lot half an hour of CS2 so far. I'm gonna play only after they fix most of the bugs reported by the user base.
It's much better than on release. The rubber banding seems to be fixed. It feels almost like CS:GO now.

Not perfect, but certainly playable.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Just re-release version 1.6 with better matchmaking and spectating options, you cowards! There was no need to change what was already perfect.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
As someone who went in deep on CS back in the day, I always rate the old CS circa 1.3 to 1.6 as still the best online shooter, certainly my favourite. I was fecking great at it.

How does the new one rate alongside COD MW? Is it still a great game? How has it moved on over the years?

mitChley

As someone who went in deep on CS back in the day, I always rate the old CS circa 1.3 to 1.6 as still the best online shooter, certainly my favourite. I was fecking great at it.

How does the new one rate alongside COD MW? Is it still a great game? How has it moved on over the years?
Hard to compare, arcade shooter v tactical shooter, I doubt they see each other as big rivals.

Volumiza

Hard to compare, arcade shooter v tactical shooter, I doubt they see each other as big rivals.
Yeah I get that, I'm just a long time out of the PC brigade but have been toying with the idea of building a VR PC rig and knowing CS is still well supported would be a bonus.

Has CS become more tactical or changed loads since the old 1.3 days?

MTF

Yeah I get that, I'm just a long time out of the PC brigade but have been toying with the idea of building a VR PC rig and knowing CS is still well supported would be a bonus.

Has CS become more tactical or changed loads since the old 1.3 days?
The core mechanics and logic of the game are still the same. Still played mainly as a round-based game, defuse game-mode with 2 bombsites. What's different from 1.3-1.6 is that the game standardized around the 5v5 format as the main competitive game-mode, with both professional tournaments and in-game matchmaking played in that format.

It's very different than playing COD because of this format, outside of shooting all you have to play with are a frag, flash, smoke and incendiary (area denial for 7 secs) grenades. No kill-streaks or other gadgets. Pretty team-oriented also.

Volumiza

The core mechanics and logic of the game are still the same. Still played mainly as a round-based game, defuse game-mode with 2 bombsites. What's different from 1.3-1.6 is that the game standardized around the 5v5 format as the main competitive game-mode, with both professional tournaments and in-game matchmaking played in that format.

It's very different than playing COD because of this format, outside of shooting all you have to play with are a frag, flash, smoke and incendiary (area denial for 7 secs) grenades. No kill-streaks or other gadgets. Pretty team-oriented also.
Ok cool thanks. I'd forgotten about the no frills nature of it. Have they ever released any of the old maps? De.Dust etc? No tthat I'm stuck in the past or owt :)

MTF

Ok cool thanks. I'd forgotten about the no frills nature of it. Have they ever released any of the old maps? De.Dust etc? No tthat I'm stuck in the past or owt :)
Maps are one of the most stale aspects of CS, as the player base loves familiarity. So some of the most popular maps still include Dust2 (Dust is too CT-sided if you remember), Inferno, Mirage, Nuke. Others are newer like Ancient (Aztec remake in sort of style, but Aztec was also very CT-sided), Overpass, Anubis. But even for the maps you know the graphics and even some of the pathing will be changed.

Oh, guns also have skins now in case you haven't heard, and people are willing to pay absurd amounts of money for rare skins.

Volumiza

Maps are one of the most stale aspects of CS, as the player base loves familiarity. So some of the most popular maps still include Dust2 (Dust is too CT-sided if you remember), Inferno, Mirage, Nuke. Others are newer like Ancient (Aztec remake in sort of style, but Aztec was also very CT-sided), Overpass, Anubis. But even for the maps you know the graphics and even some of the pathing will be changed.

Oh, guns also have skins now in case you haven't heard, and people are willing to pay absurd amounts of money for rare skins.
Thanks dude!