Courtois on Martial: "He's not a Major Player"

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
OK? Don't see it is that contraversial

Mike Smalling

He is not wrong. If Martial was a major player he would have scored a competitive goal for France.

Bwuk

I mean he’s right? Martial isn’t even a starter for us anymore.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The whole world knows Courtois is a dick but he's not wrong

El Presidente

I mean, Martial is far from a football icon, but come on, the list included guys like Dzeko and Zaniolo and he singled out Martial. Seems pretty personal to me.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Martial needs the club to tell Courtois this statement is not right otherwise he can't be the number 9 that he is. It's like stealing his jersey number.

MUFC OK

Martial didn't score against Courtois in 6 appearances v Chelsea.

In the 5 games v Chelsea since Courtois left, he has 4 goals.

MUFC OK

Well hes not wrong is he?
He has it all to prove again. His inconsistency season to season is bizarre, it feels like so many factors have to be exactly how he needs them to be for him to perform. AM certainly does not possess an elite mentality.

Dante

Average bang
He has 1 goal in 27 matches for France. Martial is talented, but quite obviously not a star on international stage.

pascell

For a young guy hasn’t Courtois already built up quite the portfolio of talking disrespectful shit about fellow pros?

He’s probably right here but there’s a reason most footballers give bland platitudes to questions like this.
Didn't he have a night in with de Bruyne gf whilst they were at Chelsea?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Martial has 1 goal in 27 caps for France. I don’t know how many of those were starts but for a forward that is an atrocious record.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maybe this will fire him up. Granted, he's not responded too well to pressure in the past, but his career is really at a crossroads. If he doesn't start to produce consistently good performances that potential will always be just that.

el3mel

Said nothing wrong. He's indeed not a major player.

The truth regardless of people liking it or not.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Nobody outside of United gives a feck about Martial. His relevance at United is hanging by a thread so this is not news to anyone.
Not sure I wholly agree, you don't pinpoint someone out unless you give some form of a feck.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Since not enough people have said it, let me do so. He's clearly not wrong and Martial has 1 goal in 27 matches for France.

P.S. Courtois is not part of a major country.

Irrational.

If he can’t get in the French side ahead of shit Sissiko, giggolo Giroud, crock Coman and even Thuram’s sperm, then he’s definitely not a major player.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Since not enough people have said it, let me do so. He's clearly not wrong and Martial has 1 goal in 27 matches for France.

P.S. Courtois is not part of a major country.
He was mostly used as a sub I assume, but that is still quite damning stat.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Strange how I both agree with him and annoyed I get at watching a United player getting called out like that. If he's still a United player next season, I hope Martial makes him eat his words.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
This won't bother Martial one bit. 250k a week to be 3rd choice striker.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Courtois is a dick, and while a good player, won’t be remembered as a legend anywhere himself.

Very good keeper, but instantly forgettable and someone you will struggle to remember in 20 years time.

Hard to name any top Courtois moments and can name a few for Martial. I hope he turns things around and makes him eat his words.