Craig Pawson

Oranges038

Bad referees make always make bad and inconsistant calls.

He is just a bad referee.

James_42

I wasn't able to watch the game, should have Konate been sent off?

rajds89

cnut handing out cards quicker than a scouser banking his dole cheque.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The Luiz decision was poor, but I thought he had a good game tonight. Didn't buy a lot of dives from Villa players and let the game flow.

Fitchett

We always get shafted by this cnut. Martinez wiping out Rashford at high speed should have been a straight red card. Nine minutes added time at the end was ridiculous, and it eventually became ten.

pascell

Yes, and then followed through, taking Rashford with him. That's a straight red card. Or does that only apply to Casemiro?
C'mon the challenge wasn't a leg breaker, yes his momentum took out Rashford but it was a fair challenge. Had Rashford not shirked out of the challenge and got there first, then yes the 'keeper should have been sent off, but that never happened.

Fitchett

C'mon the challenge wasn't a leg breaker, yes his momentum took out Rashford but it was a fair challenge. Had Rashford not shirked out of the challenge and got there first, then yes the 'keeper should have been sent off, but that never happened.
I never said it was a leg breaker, but neither was Casemiro's last season, for which he was red carded. Having had the misfortune to watch Pawson "refereeing" for many years, I am sure that had Onana made that challenge tonight, then a red card would have been brandished. Like many other PL referees, Pawson applies different standards to United from other teams.

pascell

I never said it was a leg breaker, but neither was Casemiro's last season, for which he was red carded. Having had the misfortune to watch Pawson "refereeing" for many years, I am sure that had Onana made that challenge tonight, then a red card would have been brandished. Like many other PL referees, Pawson applies different standards to United from other teams.
Casemiro was a lot higher than the one tonight for sure. Anyway, it wasn't a red.

Okey

You can almost bet Onana gets sent off for the exact same tackle. Few things arouse these Refs than dishing out on United. The time they didn't at the beginning of the season, the inquest went on like it was the Carroll non-goal.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I'm all for going back to the days where you can win the ball and wipe out the man on the follow through, but that's not the case anymore. Hasn't been the case for over 10 years. That was a yellow card (minimum) for Martinez. Failing to even give a foul was bizarre refereeing.

imamuppet

Aston Villa player blocks Bruno from taking a quick free quick, Bruno complains to the nob to do his job properly, Dawson gives Bruno a yellow card, yup Dawson is a cretin

48 hours

You can almost bet Onana gets sent off for the exact same tackle. Few things arouse these Refs than dishing out on United. The time they didn't at the beginning of the season, the inquest went on like it was the Carroll non-goal.
If he doesn’t, the media will go on about it for days.

He's another one who gives decisions based on what he thinks the game needs, rather than what happened.

Oranges038

We always get shafted by this cnut. Martinez wiping out Rashford at high speed should have been a straight red card. Nine minutes added time at the end was ridiculous, and it eventually became ten.
Never a red. Great tackle.

The nine minutes was about right going by the guidelines, 3 goals, 10 subs and Garnacho went down for cramp as well. Dalot spent about 2 mins walking up the line to take a throw too. Referees have been doing this all season, not just to Utd.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yes, and then followed through, taking Rashford with him. That's a straight red card. Or does that only apply to Casemiro?
Rashford pulled out of the challenge and then literally slipped into him. Watch it back. I don't get how anyone can even begin to argue its a red.

Even the state of the officials now which is by far the worst I van remember it ever being. Hell even if they are outright cheating, there is no way any keeper is getting sent off for coming out and clearing the ball.

Onana missed the ball completely and punched someone in the head instead.

Aston Villa player blocks Bruno from taking a quick free quick, Bruno complains to the nob to do his job properly, Dawson gives Bruno a yellow card, yup Dawson is a cretin
This one was quite astonishing I thought. As soon as it happened he started wagging his finger at Bruno as if it was him who did something wrong.

The team awarded the freekick has the advantage and the rule is the offending team must retreat 10 yards and not obstruct it being taken.

Top level referees who either don't understand the rules or conpletely make up new ones should be sacked. Because its a very reasonable basic thing to expect them not to do. It's akin to a police officer not understanding the laws or arresting people for ones that don't even exist.

No matter how much you might want people not to lose their job, they kind of have to at least be bothered to learn how to do it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No keeper gets sent off for that tackle because there was nothing wrong with it.

massey

As much as I you want the advantage etc that tackle by the villa keeper wasn't a red at all you can tell when someone wants to do the player it wasn't with intent imo he also got the ball.

90 + 5min

A red? He got the ball, nowhere near a red.
I thought first he got him and wanted red but that was clean on ball. I like those tackles. Hard and fair. Afterall it is football. What I don't like is if that was ManUtd player, you can be sure we would have our guy sent off. That is what problem is.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Twitter has had a terrible effect on the opinions of football fans. Picking on perfectly good challenges as an excuse to hate on a red who gives multiple reasons a game anyway is just ridiculous.

didz

The Rashford one is one of those where it's okay if a goalkeeper does it, but an outfielder will almost always be in immediate trouble because of the followthrough. Casemiro would be sent to Azkaban, of course, but it looked like a very good tackle and just overall very good goalkeeping.

Bruno yellow.. I mean why bother? We know what this is and have had enough of this crap from referees now. What really annoys me is broadcasters now referring to the Dalot sending off as a cautionary tale for Man United players, when it should be held up as an example of how these officials should be forced to give back every penny they've earned making a mockery of the game before being shipped off to Siberia in banana hammocks.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I think Martinez's tackle was comparable to the one Boly got a second yellow for the other day. Did the refs admit that was an error though?

In my opinion neither should be fouls. I don't think posters should be mocked for suggesting it's a red though, in this age of soft officiating.