Gaming Crash Bandicoot to return? | Crash 4 is getting upgraded for next gen consoles. Free upgrade for those that have purchased it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Crash Bandicoot looks like he has something shoved up his arse there.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
The rumours have been rife for over a year now it's possible someone is just capitalising on that to get a fake news buzz going about however Sony themselves have been hinting themselves with this spotted in the Ps4 ad:

And Sony CEO Shawn Layden wearing this at E3 last year

Ibi Dreams

Those are the fakest looking game boxes ever :lol:

I don't really know why they would bring Crash back, nor do I see why they should. I loved the first three games and still enjoy them, but they're really a product of their time as they're so simple and limited. I don't see how it would translate for today's market, Naughty Dog moved on and started making the Jak games instead because of this. I don't see why anyone would do that with Crash, it wouldn't be the same game.

Raw

Too bad they used a horrible image of Crash from one of the post-ND failures of games.

Naughty Dog should be working on another Jak and Daxter, not Crash. Come to think of it, didn't they sell Crash?
From what I remember they were going to make a Jak 4 but didn't think it looked right from the concept art and that they'd rather make games that are more grounded in realism. They then decided to make The Last of Us instead.

It's a good thing too because making it realistic looks terrible.

Though the scenery in the concept art actually looks pretty great.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Naughty Dog should be working on another Jak and Daxter, not Crash. Come to think of it, didn't they sell Crash?
Activision own Crash, & Naughty Dog said they won't make another one.

Raw

Please remake Crash Team Racing. That game was amazing.
A PS4 version with full online would be absolutely amazing. I would always wipe the floor with everyone else whenever I played it :lol:

There were plans for a new CTR game too but it eventually got dropped. There are some videos of it out there.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
As much as I'd love more crash, no Naughty Dog is a big issue.

Please remake Crash Team Racing. That game was amazing.
A PS4 version with full online would be absolutely amazing. I would always wipe the floor with everyone else whenever I played it :lol:

There were plans for a new CTR game too but it eventually got dropped. There are some videos of it out there.
This especially would be incredible, but again, no Naughty Dog to make it..... Original is still class on Vita.

@Alock1

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Not arsed about the platformers. I love the originals but I know they won't do it justice.

CTR though could work and would be awesome if it did. I feel like Sony have tried their hands at a few kart racers though and failed miserably ever since.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I want Crash Bash to be remade. The pinball was awesome.

Ibi Dreams

Too bad they used a horrible image of Crash from one of the post-ND failures of games.

From what I remember they were going to make a Jak 4 but didn't think it looked right from the concept art and that they'd rather make games that are more grounded in realism. They then decided to make The Last of Us instead.

It's a good thing too because making it realistic looks terrible.

Though the scenery in the concept art actually looks pretty great.

That's sort of what I mean about Crash. Like, Naughty Dog took it to its limit and then started a new series for the next generation that was quite a different game. Then when Jak wasn't going to work for the next generation they moved on to The Last of Us. I just don't understand what kind of gameplay a new Crash game would have, it would have to be so different to the originals. I'm definitely all for a new CTR though

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Why should it be so hard to give us a new crash with the original tight as hell engine/physics/controls? The feel of those games were incredible, up there with Mario 3. Then they went to shit.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As someone in that Reddit thread said, if Crash gets Skylander'd, I'm going to be pissed.

It won't be Naughty Dog making it though, they're all serious and worthy now. Still, I'm excited.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215369

Dr. Neo Cortex voice actor implies Crash Bandicoot return? #1
Hey guys, someone linked me earlier to a post Lex Lang, the last voice of Dr. Neo Cortex put up on Facebook tonight:

Now, full disclosure, I run a Crash Bandicoot fan-twitter and forum, so over the years I've done some interviews with Lex Lang, among other developers and in-game talent.

So this tweet about it got an interesting response:

So I think that pretty much narrows down the list of "doctors" he could be playing, yeah?

Asked a few mods if this post is okay, and got basically a 'should be', so if it's not, go ahead and throw it out.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
CTR was amazeballs.. preferred it to Mario Kart. Would love to see a souped up modern attempt..

Raw

They've teased this so much these last few years. If they don't reveal anything at E3, I give up.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I think they should let classics be classics, it was fun back then for whatever reason we all seems to forget... but my bet is that a big part of it is just nostalgic reasons. Looking in the context PSX1 was a groundbreaking console in the industry, there are lots of great game that were ace at that time, but will look pale and boring in today's console.

I used to think that Final Fantasy VII is the OMGWTFBESTEVA games, but playing them again seems bland (although it is still good, mind you).

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
CTR was amazeballs.. preferred it to Mario Kart. Would love to see a souped up modern attempt..
Yeah I wouldn't mind that, loved diddy Kong racing on the n64 too. Love the way both had a world to drive around to get to the next race.

I don't see the big appeal and draw of a crash game now. I don't know what they could do to it to keep it interesting. Was a very basic game from what I remember.

Bojan11

The remake looks incredible. Who is buying it? I should get my copy today.

@Randall Flagg are you? People need to buy this as they said there's a chance of Crash Team Racing getting remastered if this sells well.

Coxy

The remake looks incredible. Who is buying it? I should get my copy today.

@Randall Flagg are you? People need to buy this as they said there's a chance of Crash Team Racing getting remastered if this sells well.
Mine arrives tomorrow - can't wait!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Im annoyed that its only 30fps and not 4k on the ps4 pro.

Not sure why im annoyed mind

Dobba

This game has been made me a complete hypocrite when it comes to both remakes/remasters and pre-orders. On the subject of the latter, a friend who works at a local GAME said it's the most pre-ordered game they've had there in at least 18 months. Really hope this sells well enough that they pull the trigger on a CTR remake announcement at PSX.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
This game has been made me a complete hypocrite when it comes to both remakes/remasters and pre-orders. On the subject of the latter, a friend who works at a local GAME said it's the most pre-ordered game they've had there in at least 18 months. Really hope this sells well enough that they pull the trigger on a CTR remake announcement at PSX.
I don't think it's wrong to bring older games to new generations. Remastering them, and packing a few together is a great way for new gamers to experience the magic.

It's when they do it to games just a few years old, and sell them again at full price which is a bit much for me.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

Cant wait. My wife isn't really into modern games but she absolutely loves the Crash games so this will be a nice one for us to play together. It'll be a nice surprise too cos as I've told her it's getting remastered , I've kept the release date a secret :D

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I've just ordered it and should get it tomorrow. Looking forward to this.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't really care for remastered games. Especially graphics-wise as, for me, the old looking graphics of games from previous generations add to the charm of it. However, I've heard that in Crash 1 they changed that ridiculously difficult rule that, if you die once at any given time, you can't get the gem. That alone is a big selling point!

I'm not that big of a fan of the trilogy as a whole as I'm not keen on Crash 1 (the difficulty and control) or Crash 3 (too many mini games and not enough of what made the 2nd so addictive) but Crash 2 is one of the best games I've ever played.

Unmutual

I don't really care for remastered games. Especially graphics-wise as, for me, the old looking graphics of games from previous generations add to the charm of it.
I generally agree, but graphics from 32 bit era 3D games have probably aged the worst out of any generation of games. Even pre-8 bit games retain much of their simple charm, but play many PS1 games now and the low frame rates and wobbly polygons really make them tough going.

Tiber

Really excited to play this tomorrow. Crash was the first proper game I ever played. MY dad rented a PS1 (remember renting consoles?) so many times to let me play it that eventually he just gave in and bought one.

Glad they adjusted the stupid difficulty curve in the fitst one tho. Was amusing to hear that Naughty Dog didn't even consider that they might need to hire play testers until they started making the second one lol they did fix the Japanese release of Crash one.

I would also LOVE to be able to play the first 3 Spyro games on PS4

Tiber

Really interesting panel from this years E3 if anyone is interested- the original devs talking about making the crash series, doing the famous marketing, becoming the Sony mascot, moving on from Crash etc.