Tendulkar
Lara
Imran
Gilchrist
Herath
Marshall
Holding
Ambrose/Akram
I think Herath just got hiccups till November 2014.
I don't believe adequate justice was done to the hilarity potential of Herath's pick. He has an average of 40 outside Sri Lanka. Was there any part-timer picked with an average higher than that?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't believe adequate justice was done to the hilarity potential of Herath's pick. He has an average of 40 outside Sri Lanka. Was there any part-timer picked with an average higher than that?

feck you R-I. feck you.

Red-Indian

Nobody can dethrone God from number 4. :)
Lara was the bigger accumulator and deserves 4. Tendulkar was brlliant in his early years at 5. I just checked and average of 60.
This

I would go for Akram over Lillie. And Gilchrist over Dujon.

Kallis does not have a case with Imran being an better all rounder than him
Akram's fair enough. I think Lillee's the better bowler but left-handed plus his batting abilities should get him in the team.

Kallis to be fair can make his case against both Lara and Tendulkar just purely on batting to say nothing of his bowling. I still wouldn't listen to his case because i would fall asleep while he was making it but he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd have voted for Aldo. Gavaskar, followed by sachin and pointing is immense.

NM

I'd go with

Gavaskar
Gooch
Dravid
Tendulkar
Lara
Dujon
Imran
Warne
Akram
Marshall
McGrath

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Cheers Aldo,

Team of the draft for me would be

Sunil Gavaskar
Matthew Hayden
Vivian Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Steve Waugh
Imran Khan
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Malcolm marshall
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath

Spoony

The People's President
Greenidge was a brilliant opening batsman. I'd have him above Hayden. Any other decent openers in the draft, Donaldo?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
They were a rare breed actually...you'd be on to the Athertons and Anwars and Jayasuriyas pretty quickly. Gooch, Langer, Kirsten stood out for me.

Spoony

The People's President
Gooch hit a purple patch in the twilight of his career. As for Langer and Kirsten were they actually that good?

Spoony

The People's President
Hmmm statistically, Langer, Kirsten and Anwar with the same average. Hayden clearly the stand out of the generation...well, statistically at least. As for Jayasuriya and Atherton both were decent but nowt more. I reckon Atherton was better than the Sri Lankan though.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Good openers for a team that helped them I'd say. For Langer, he complemented Hayden perfectly, and slotted into that Aussie Test team beautifully. Kirsten is a bit of a personal choice. Loved his grit and ability to shift gears, something Athers tried hard to develop but never managed to do.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Sehwag would've been a golden pick in this draft. He was capable of deciding a match in the first day sometimes, IMO. Missed the cutoff by a year or so.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah Atherton had the grit and determination but perhaps not the talent to match. He just had one mode... Slow.

Red-Indian

Cheers Aldo,

Team of the draft for me would be

Sunil Gavaskar
Matthew Hayden
Vivian Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Steve Waugh
Imran Khan
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Malcolm marshall
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath
I had both Lara and Waugh and you picked Lara. Waugh's a good choice there though...Sunny and him either end of those strokeplayers makes sense.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I had both Lara and Waugh and you picked Lara. Waugh's a good choice there though...Sunny and him either end of those strokeplayers makes sense.
Yeah I needed a quality number 4. And Lara's just a bigger draw in drafts ;)

Interval

Level
I am contemplating an auction. Obviously not immediately so as to give time. But concept will be: ODIs. Reserve prices and budgets designed. Bidding rules have been ironed out by me. 12 teams. After teams are formed, winner will be decided by a 5 match ODI series simulation on a selected game. Can someone please help me with this over the next month?

Interval

Level
Hah! Aldo, you're not going to help me since you'll participate. I'm going to rope in someone who has some time and has less interest in playing this.

Basically, I don't intend to have a vote off. Its a pain getting people to vote and especially this soon might be a problem. So we'll do the auction, have fun, pass around a few handjobs (ie compliments seeking one in return) and instead of vote offs we'll just simulate the matches

Interval

Level
What do you mean by simulate? Book cricket?
That would be fecking awesome. But no, I was thinking some cricket manager game simulation.

If that's not agreeable then an internal voteoff or something. Basically, less of the latter, more cumbersome part of the draft which doesn't get the required attention.

Moby

Dick
I just tried a simulator called 'cricket coach 2014'. Only had current players though. Decent.

It had the options of changing tactics over by over. If we can find something like this with database of all players who played ODIs and a multiplayer option where both managers could play a Live game, that would be awesome.