Cricket World Cup/ICC Champions Trophy Draft - R1 MJJ vs ChrisNelson

Based on performances in ICC tournaments which team would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So we drew this match then? What happens now?

Sorry mate as @NM had said he would have voted for MJJ I'll use him as the tie breaker.

If you don't think this is a fair way of deciding the game let me know and I'll see what else I can come up with.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Chris has been robbed here. MJJ should have been forced to play with 10 players.

ChrisNelson

Sorry mate as @NM had said he would have voted for MJJ I'll use him as the tie breaker.

If you don't think this is a fair way of deciding the game let me know and I'll see what else I can come up with.
Hahaha what difference does that make?! When the time ran out it was 7-6, so take off the penalty vote and it’s a draw!
So rather than award the match to the player who followed all the rules you gave it to him for no other reason than someone came along and said ‘I’d have voted for him’!
If you’re going to run a draft there has to be something better in place for when it’s a draw.... like most runs/ wickets combined on the stats? I don’t mind losing out on that!

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hahaha what difference does that make?! When the time ran out it was 7-6, so take off the penalty vote and it’s a draw!
So rather than award the match to the player who followed all the rules you gave it to him for no other reason than someone came along and said ‘I’d have voted for him’!
If you’re going to run a draft there has to be something better in place for when it’s a draw.... like most runs/ wickets combined on the stats? I don’t mind losing out on that!
Yeah my fault, I didn’t take into account what to do in a draw.

How about I tag three neutral posters to vote? Or

Do a super over?

@MJJ

Samid

Yeah my fault, I didn’t take into account what to do in a draw.

How about I tag three neutral posters to vote? Or

Do a super over?

@MJJ
The crowd demands a super over.

Please send in your choice for the shots and bowls in the super over as following

Batting -
B1 - Drive/Pull/Slog
B2 - Drive/Pull/Slog
B3- Drive/Pull/Slog
B4- Drive/Pull/Slog
B5- Drive/Pull/Slog
B6 - Drive/Pull/Slog

Bowling -
B1 - Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B2 - Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B3- Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B4- Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B5- Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B6 - Yorker/Short/Slow ball

Here is how the scoring will work -

Yorker Balls -

Pull - Wicket
Drive - 4
Slog - 6

Short balls -

Pull - 6
Drive - Wicket
Slog - 4

Slow balls -

Pull - 4
Drive - 6
Slog - Wicket

------------

-You can select as many of the same type of shots/balls
- If at any point you lose 2 wickets your innings will end and the score at that point will be the final one
- At the end of 2 innings, either after 6 balls or 2 wickets, scores will be compared
- If the scores are equal, then the one with less wickets lost will be the winner
- If the wickets lost are also the same, then we move onto sudden death, where you will submit one such over again but whoever takes the lead at any point of that over, will be the winner.

Samid

Twitter kicking up a storm now. Give the viewers what they're asking for.

MJJ

You cant punish somebody twice nelson, duh!

How about we decide the winner by the team playing players in the right position, morgan has only opened thrice and fakhar has never played at six.

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

You cant punish somebody twice nelson, duh!

How about we decide the winner by the team playing players in the right position, morgan has only opened thrice and fakhar has never played at six.
Or.... who picked their team according to the rules :).

The batting order is of little relevance, I still feel my team would score more runs than the opposition 99 times out of 100.

MJJ

The batting order is of little relevance, I still feel my team would score more runs than the opposition 99 times out of 100.
Not with two of them being out for low scores due to playing at wrong position and clarke being exposed to the newb all.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Like MJJ said he's already been punished for his brainfart so that's not a consideration anymore.

Let me know if you are both happy with a super over to decide it @MJJ @ChrisNelson and we'll get the show started.

ChrisNelson

Not with two of them being out for low scores due to playing at wrong position and clarke being exposed to the newb all.
Ok I'll agree to play with 2 being out for low scores if you agree to play with a 50 run penalty for ignoring the rules and doing a rubbish write up where I have to guess which Smith, Johnson and Anderson is being referred to and what Gavaskar's stats are. I explained how many Finals my players had competed in and about how much leadership was in the side. You seem to have managed to win without an explanation on any of your players!

In all seriousness though I seem to have really offended MJJ with my selection so I think it's best we let him through to avoid any further upset.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Jesus guys it's only a draft game.

Let's do the super over, send your shots in @ChrisNelson @MJJ

MJJ

Ok I'll agree to play with 2 being out for low scores if you agree to play with a 50 run penalty for ignoring the rules and doing a rubbish write up where I have to guess which Smith, Johnson and Anderson is being referred to and what Gavaskar's stats are. I explained how many Finals my players had competed in and about how much leadership was in the side. You seem to have managed to win without an explanation on any of your players!

In all seriousness though I seem to have really offended MJJ with my selection so I think it's best we let him through to avoid any further upset.
Well the fifty point penalty is the only reason the match is a draw, and the stats of all my players are in the writeup.

Nah let's do a super over

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Please send in your choice for the shots and bowls in the super over @ChrisNelson @MJJ as following

Batting -
B1 - Drive/Pull/Slog
B2 - Drive/Pull/Slog
B3- Drive/Pull/Slog
B4- Drive/Pull/Slog
B5- Drive/Pull/Slog
B6 - Drive/Pull/Slog

Bowling -
B1 - Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B2 - Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B3- Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B4- Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B5- Yorker/Short/Slow ball
B6 - Yorker/Short/Slow ball

Here is how the scoring will work -

Yorker Balls -

Pull - Wicket
Drive - 4
Slog - 6

Short balls -

Pull - 6
Drive - Wicket
Slog - 4

Slow balls -

Pull - 4
Drive - 6
Slog - Wicket

------------

-You can select as many of the same type of shots/balls
- If at any point you lose 2 wickets your innings will end and the score at that point will be the final one
- At the end of 2 innings, either after 6 balls or 2 wickets, scores will be compared
- If the scores are equal, then the one with less wickets lost will be the winner
- If the wickets lost are also the same, then we move onto sudden death, where you will submit one such over again but whoever takes the lead at any point of that over, will be the winner.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
OK results in....

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@ChrisNelson's team steps up to bat first...

Ball 1 - He goes for a slog @MJJ bowls a yorker - SIX

Ball 2 - Slog again another yorker - SIX

Ball 3 - Another slog! another yorker another - SIX

Ball 4 - Can you guess? SLOG and again a YORKER - SIX

Ball 5 - Another slog another - SIX

Ball 6 - Do i really need to type it out again - SLOG and SIX

@ChrisNelson puts up a Sober 6x6 for a grand total of 36 runs.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@MJJ team have an uphill task now let's see what they have...

Ball 1 - CN lobs in a slower ball, MJJ goes for a drive - SIX

Ball 2 - CN goes for a bluff ANOTHER slower ball - MJJ is reads it and drives again - SIX

Ball 3 - CN is a brave man goes for another slower ball - MJJ? you guessed it DRIVE - SIX

Ball 4 - CN hasn't learned anything from pummeling so far another slower ball another drive! - SIX

Ball 5 - Is same ball same shot same RESULT - SIX

Ball 6 - Is it a FIX?? slow ball - drive - SIX

@MJJ matches @ChrisNelson score of 36 runs.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@ChrisNelson @MJJ resubmit please.

If the wickets lost are also the same, then we move onto sudden death, where you will submit one such over again but whoever takes the lead at any point of that over, will be the winner.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think they were being lazy tbh.

MJJ

@ChrisNelson's team steps up to bat first...

Ball 1 - He goes for a slog @MJJ bowls a yorker - SIX

Ball 2 - Slog again another yorker - SIX

Ball 3 - Another slog! another yorker another - SIX

Ball 4 - Can you guess? SLOG and again a YORKER - SIX

Ball 5 - Another slog another - SIX

Ball 6 - Do i really need to type it out again - SLOG and SIX

@ChrisNelson puts up a Sober 6x6 for a grand total of 36 runs.
@MJJ team have an uphill task now let's see what they have...

Ball 1 - CN lobs in a slower ball, MJJ goes for a drive - SIX

Ball 2 - CN goes for a bluff ANOTHER slower ball - MJJ is reads it and drives again - SIX

Ball 3 - CN is a brave man goes for another slower ball - MJJ? you guessed it DRIVE - SIX

Ball 4 - CN hasn't learned anything from pummeling so far another slower ball another drive! - SIX

Ball 5 - Is same ball same shot same RESULT - SIX

Ball 6 - Is it a FIX?? slow ball - drive - SIX

@MJJ matches @ChrisNelson score of 36 runs.
:lol::lol:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sudden death coming up ...

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
CN first shot is a SLOG MJJ bowls a SHORT BALL

4 runs