Cricket

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
8 of the players selected right now is playing in India against an Indian A team which has rested its best players. They're on the verge of losing heavily.

Marnus out on a duck and Doggett had figures of 15 overs and 101 runs and one wicket.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Perhaps, but he's a considerably better bat than some of those they have picked.
Well a lot of those that have been picked are new names. Maxwell has been beyond average since that IPL that took place in the UAE. I can't remember a single innings of note from him since around 2014/15 - and it's no surprise that he averages in the mid 20s in ODIs since 2015. As for his test performances, think he scored a hundred in India; other than that, he has scored 230 odd runs in 13 innings - the epitome of shit.

NinjaFletch

Well a lot of those that have been picked are new names. Maxwell has been beyond average since that IPL that took place in the UAE. I can't remember a single innings of note from him since around 2014/15 - and it's no surprise that he averages in the mid 20s in ODIs since 2015. As for his test performances, think he scored a hundred in India; other than that, he has scored 230 odd runs in 13 innings - the epitome of shit.
He's played 7 tests, and was the scorer of Australia's last ton in conditions which will resemble this series who is available for selection. He also has a first class average considerably better than either Labuschanage (whose name I am not learning to spell if that's wrong) or Head, and is probably Australia's second best player of spin after Marsh.

He might not be a world beater, but he's still a better player than most of those they've taken.

paulscholes18

That batting lineup has 30/5 written all over it. Although the Marsh brothers are decent players of spin.

Who the feck is this Marnus and Brendan Doggett??

Also no Hazelwood and Cummins is a blow.
Had a look on Cricinfo at the players I haven’t heard before
Marnus is a middle order batsman who scored 60 vs India A the other day, has a 35 avg in FC ctricket
Doggett is a fast bowler who has only played 8 FC matches

KM

Glad we have decided to call him Marnus instead of referring to his surname.

KM

So Asia Cup starts on Saturday. Don't have much hope with India. Kohli isn't playing so there goes our batting lineup. Our first 3 with Dhawan, Rohit and Rahul is great but after that Karthik, Pandey, Jadhav and Dhoni absolutely suck. If the pitches are spinning then I expect Kuldeep and Chahal to win us matches but I think it'll be more flat than spinning. Pakistan look the favorites to me but you never know with them too.

KM

Pant should've been in the squad. Ridiculous hitter and will be our wicketkeeper for years to come. Even if you don't want to replace Dhoni as WK just yet, he's good enough to be in the team as batsman.

KM

Writing in his autobiography, which is being serialised in The Times ahead of the book's publication later this month, Moeen claims he was abused during the first Ashes Test at Cardiff in 2015, a performance in which he made 77 in the first innings before taking five wickets in a 169-run England victory.

"It was a great first Ashes Test in terms of my personal performance," Moeen writes in the book. "However there was one incident which had distracted me. An Australian player had turned to me on the field and said, 'Take that, Osama.' I could not believe what I had heard. I remember going really red. I have never been so angry on a cricket field.

"I told a couple of the guys what the player had said to me and I think Trevor Bayliss [the England coach] must have raised it with Darren Lehmann, the Australians' coach.

"Lehmann asked the player, 'Did you call Moeen Osama?' He denied it, saying, 'No, I said, 'Take that, you part-timer.'' I must say I was amused when I heard that, obviously I had to take the player's word for it, though for the rest of the match I was angry."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...-ashes?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

:mad:

Djemba-Djemba

Could be any one of the Australian players really but I would guess it's Warner or Haddin.

Those two seemed to be the biggest cnuts in a team filled with cnuts.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
You'll be hard pressed to find a team more universally disliked than the Australian cricket team. As much as I respect the ability and talents of the players they've produced over the years I have never understood why they have played the game like they have. I don't believe them for a single second about this change in culture they are trying to incorporate either.

Hope India smash them 4-0 and Kohli scores a 1000 runs.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Shit like that is the reason they deserve no sympathy for the difficulties that they are going through now. Absolute cnuts.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
For those in the uk interested in watching the Asia cup on Hotstar - try coupon code 'APHSUK90' and you can get one month of Hotstar for 1.44 pounds

KM

Going From Hussain, Atherton etc to Athar Ali Khan, "Rambo" and Laxman sivaramakrishan is like going from Fergie to Moyes.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Sri Lanka are awful.
Incredible to think that 7 or 8 players aside, they'd be no better than Bangladesh. They really hit the jackpot with some absolute quality in the early to late 90s and almost all at once. I can't think of a single WC player produced in the last 10-15 years - Matthews, Malinga and Herath are all good players though.

MJJ

Look at the score.
:lol: WTF! How did that happen.

Anupam Ajmani: "@Dez - I would not agree. India has the best top three in ODI cricket currently including the best batsman of the world. India also has a very good bowling attack in Bhuvi, Bumrah, Chahal and Kuldeep as well a promising all rounder in Dhoni. Thei ronly issue is middle order which they will sort out with continuity in selections, their are too many batsman waiting in the wings. I agree on Dhoni though, his time is up."

Cricinfo comment. Dhoni the allrounder :lol:

KM

God, let's hope Dhoni fecks off soon. Our whole Middle order sucks ass.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
God, let's hope Dhoni fecks off soon. Our whole Middle order sucks ass.
I think he should’ve retired last year. But it seems he’ll will keep playing until the WC.

Watch him score 100 v Pakistan now :lol:

KM

You guys dont deserve a team as good as India, so negative :lol:
What negative? I was being called negative before India England test series. What was the final result. I told you before hand that our middle order suck. They scored 48 runs in the last ten overs.